ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

"A Ukrainian kamikaze drone is said to have struck a Russian 'Container' type 29B6 radar station in Mordovia. This radar, capable of detecting aerial targets up to 3,000 km away, was the target of this attack. #Ukraine #Russie #Militaire"

Guess this is the difference between the US military and NATO nations.

I heard on Lib TV today from an ex Army officer that some munitions will be immediately available, but with Ukrainian stocks so low it will take 2 full months to get the supply lines full and operational.
They should strap MTG and Gaetz to a pallet and throw them on a C-17 bound for Poland or Romania with supplies and truck them to the border.

GLl1TrGXIAABO_v

"The SA-5 Gammon (Russian name S-200 Angara/Vega) is a low- to high-altitude surface-to-air missile system designed to defend large areas from bomber attack or other strategic aircraft. Initial deployment of an S-200 trials unit using the original 5V21 missile took place from 1963 to 1964 on the outskirts of Tallinn in Estonia. The first operational regiments were deployed in 1966 with 18 sites and 342 launchers in service by the end of the year. By 1967, when the S-200 was officially accepted into service, the site total had risen to 22, by 1968 to 40, and by 1969 to 60.
with the V-860/5V21 or V-860P/5V21A missile, introduced in 1967, range 160 km (88 mi), ceiling 20 km (66,000 ft)
- SA-5b (S-200V "Vega"): V-860PV/5V21P missile, introduced in 1970, range 250 km (155 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000 ft)
- SA-5b (S-200 "Vega"): with the V-870 missile, range increased to 300 km (186 mi) and ceiling to 40 km (125,000ft) with the new, shorter missile and solid fuel motor
- SA-5b (S-200M "Vega-M"): with the V-880/5V28 or V-880N/5V28N² missile, range 300 km (186 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000ft)
- SA-5b (S-200VE "Vega-E"): with the V-880E/5V28E missile, export version, high explosive warhead only, range 250 km (155 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000ft)
- SA-5c (S-200D "Dubna"): with the 5V25V, V-880M/5V28M or V-880MN/5V28MN² missile, introduced in 1976, high explosive or nuclear warhead, range 400 km (248 mi), ceiling 40 km (125,000ft)."

https://armyrecognition.com/russia_...m_technical_data_sheet_specifications_uk.html

Last edited:
I heard on Lib TV today from an ex Army officer that some munitions will be immediately available, but with Ukrainian stocks so low it will take 2 full months to get the supply lines full and operational.
They should strap MTG and Gaetz to a pallet and throw them on a C-17 bound for Poland or Romania with supplies and truck them to the border.
This reinforces that.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/ukraine/talks-could-have-ended-war-ukraine

It is also possible, however, that the provisions were intended to allow Putin to save face. For example, by forcing Ukraine to repeal statutes that condemned the Soviet past and cast the Ukrainian nationalists who fought the Red Army during World War II as freedom fighters, the Kremlin could argue that it had achieved its stated goal of “denazification,” even though the original meaning of that phrase may well have been the replacement of Zelensky’s government.

In the end, it remains unclear whether these provisions would have been a deal-breaker. The lead Ukrainian negotiator, Arakhamia, later downplayed their importance. As he put it in a November 2023 interview on a Ukrainian television news program, Russia had “hoped until the last moment that they [could] squeeze us to sign such an agreement, that we [would] adopt neutrality. This was the biggest thing for them. They were ready to finish the war if we, like Finland [during the Cold War], adopted neutrality and undertook not to join NATO.”

"A Ukrainian kamikaze drone is said to have struck a Russian 'Container' type 29B6 radar station in Mordovia. This radar, capable of detecting aerial targets up to 3,000 km away, was the target of this attack. #Ukraine #Russie #Militaire"

Guess this is the difference between the US military and NATO nations.

We’ll probably send a tranche of weapons the next day.

Hopefully we have a large cache of 155mm ready to go. Air defense missiles as well. Those are the most immediate needs.

Reactions: h-hawk and DFSNOLE
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/ukraine/talks-could-have-ended-war-ukraine

It is also possible, however, that the provisions were intended to allow Putin to save face. For example, by forcing Ukraine to repeal statutes that condemned the Soviet past and cast the Ukrainian nationalists who fought the Red Army during World War II as freedom fighters, the Kremlin could argue that it had achieved its stated goal of “denazification,” even though the original meaning of that phrase may well have been the replacement of Zelensky’s government.
Possible? sure
Likely? Not at all.

Putin wants his land-bridge to Crimea, to project power across the entire Black Sea.

We’ll probably send a tranche of weapons the next day.

Hopefully we have a large cache of 155mm ready to go. Air defense missiles as well. Those are the most immediate needs.
How do you know what their most immediate needs are? Just curious.

That’s what I glean from the news reports I’ve been reading.

What do you think their most immediate needs are?
🤣 How would I know, and I also read news reports. I was never in the military so maybe that's why I have no clue on their needs.

🤣 How would I know, and I also read news reports. I was never in the military so maybe that's why I have no clue on their needs.
Fair enough.

I still have connections with the MIC 😊

Anyway, without going into detail I’d say 155mm shells are a primary need and that’s open source.

Air Defense and help with EW (electronic warfare) are priority 1A. The EW part is more critical than folks realize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT