ADVERTISEMENT

This really hurts Iowa

Well, I am sure this is not politically correct but these guys are physical specimens and the Corona virus won’t bring any of these guys down.

I have a hard time believing anyone in the football program is infirm or has a compromised immune system.

I suppose this is all about arresting the spread of the virus, but if the rest of the campus is a ghost town, couldn’t these 125 players plus coaches and staff create their own little quarantined community and continue to work?

The legal liability for that would be astronomical.

We as Iowan's should pride ourselves on our education, it has been touted to be one of the best in the country for quite some time. For anyone suggesting that they should just work through this, or that they will survive, should really educate themselves on the situation at hand.

The problem is not for the individuals that are 18-22 years old, but those people that are then infected by the spread from those that are 18-22 year old. Just look up flattening the curve. Please before you post here that this is a joke. Educate yourself before talking out of your ass.

And if it is all about protecting vulnerable demographics, shouldn't the same measures be put in place every flu season? The vast majority of the 20-50k that die yearly of flu in the US are old or infirm. Why haven't we been protecting them all these years? Oh, wait. Care facilities HAVE been practicing these things for years.

As someone in the 10% mortality category, I am self quarantining and would hope others with common sense would do the same. Let the 20 year olds run around, although more of those are dying now too.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yes. An interesting website. South Korea is down to 110 new cases per day now. China's data is proportionate to that but I don't know how much I would trust anything coming out of there. I do trust South Korea's numbers.
Agreed.

I think we are all in agreement about one thing - we are hoping like heck that this doesn't spread as fast or as far as predicted, and that a vaccine becomes available soon. We just need to have a plan to deal with whatever happens.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I think we are all in agreement about one thing - we are hoping like heck that this doesn't spread as fast or as far as predicted, and the a vaccine becomes available soon. We just need to have a plan to deal with whatever happens.

Thank you. I acknowledge this as a legitimate health threat. I don't want to catch it nor do I want you to. My complaint is with the irrational actions of so many of my fellow citizens. Peace

For me, the biggest takeaway from the Trump era has been the story it’s told about what’s really going on in people’s hearts & minds. I feel sorry for anybody still trying to justify that disgustingly fat ****ing liars behavior/ historically bad decision making. Hopefully Trump, his administration and all of his teste-tuggers get the virus. #45thBPOAT
wow. so little awareness. only thing wrong in the Trump era is the left, lying media and the sponges that soak in their B.S. we lose 30-40 THOUSAND Americans to the flu yearly. LOOK IT UP!! Does the market crash every flu season?? 250-270 thousand globally to the flu..... WHY panic over this virus that has killed so few? YOU ARE BEING PLAYED! Your pensions and 401 etc being drained. The media is trying to generate a recession. With panic, they may succeed.

Google "flu deaths 2017" , 79000 US deaths the oct 2017 to 2018 season. The flu vaccine helps or the number would be nearly double. No panic, no market crash. Do you wonder why? Do you question, or accept what you are fed by the media? Do your research. Why is this virus that kills so few elderly folks to be feared in 2020, 79,000 deaths barely got noticed in 2017? Did they cancel events?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Google "flu deaths 2017" , 79000 US deaths the oct 2017 to 2018 season. The flu vaccine helps or the number would be nearly double. No panic, no market crash. Do you wonder why? Do you question, or accept what you are fed by the media? Do your research. Why is this virus that kills so few elderly folks to be feared in 2020, 79,000 deaths barely got noticed in 2017? Did they cancel events?
You sound like the perfect volunteer for testing a COVID-19 vaccine since you're not worried about it. Let us know how that turns out.

Thank you. I acknowledge this as a legitimate health threat. I don't want to catch it nor do I want you to. My complaint is with the irrational actions of so many of my fellow citizens. Peace
You don't though. You want to know the difference from influenza, we have a vaccination, which is taken by nearly 65% of the population and has an efficiency of upwards of 30-40% each year. You are continuing to show how unwilling to look at the data you are. I highly recommend you stop while you are well behind. You obviously don't see it as a health threat or you would understand that we need to slow the expansion of this virus by doing the best we can to distance one another, and yet understand that every bed left unfilled by a sick individual could save a life. South Korea is a paragon of how this should be done, and you state as such, yet are unwilling to learn from. You are guiding everyone toward an Italian type effect. Keep talking, keep inbreeding, keep living the life that you have for years.

Last edited:
You don't though. You want to know the difference from influenza, we have a vaccination, which is taken by nearly 65% of the population and has an efficiency of upwards of 30-40% each year. You are continuing to show how unwilling to look at the data you are. I highly recommend you stop while you are well behind. You obviously don't see it as a health threat or you would understand that we need to slow the expansion of this virus by doing the best we can to distance one another, and yet understand that every bed left unfilled by a sick individual could save a life. South Korea is a paragon of how this should be done, and you state as such, yet are unwilling to learn from. You are guiding everyone toward an Italian type effect. Keep talking, keep inbreeding, keep living the life that you have for years.

Inbreeding. Nicely done, you sniveling little twat. I am in fact doing what I need to do-working. I don't gravitate toward crowds anyway. I am confident I will still be here when this thing has run its course.

Ok, show me other stats and sources
Considering that nearly 40% of the American population is overweight or obese, while only 5-6% of Chinese are in a similar category, you have no idea how or what symptoms most Americans will have with this disease. Thanks for the super informative post though, keep trying. Why don't you actually read some primary literature in stead of being part of the so called "herd" that you both keep referring to.

Considering that nearly 40% of the American population is overweight or obese, while only 5-6% of Chinese are in a similar category, you have no idea how or what symptoms most Americans will have with this disease. Thanks for the super informative post though, keep trying. Why don't you actually read some primary literature in stead of being part of the so called "herd" that you both keep referring to.

I read the CDC website this very morning. Again. Doing everything they recommend. Did your mommy build you a super cool safe room in her basement?

I read the CDC website this very morning. Again. Doing everything they recommend. Did your mommy build you a super cool safe room in her basement?
What does this have to do with anything I just said? Is your first cousin, oops I mean wife distracting you in your single wide? You probably shouldn't let her near the stove, she might burn the place down.

What does this have to do with anything I just said? Is your first cousin, oops I mean wife distracting you in your single wide? You probably shouldn't let her near the stove, she might burn the place down.

I will be going to work tomorrow. What will you be doing? We already know the answer to that. Hiding in your cave and demanding someone provide everything you think you are entitled to. Expecting them to deliver it to you and sanitize it before your mommy goes out and carries it in.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I will be going to work tomorrow. What will you be doing? We already know the answer to that. Hiding in your cave and demanding someone provide everything you think you are entitled to. Expecting them to deliver it to you and sanitize it before your mommy goes out and carries it in.
Not that poster, but you can't assume that about anyone. Lots of us have to work from home. You want to go in, that is your business. But I must work at home. And I am happy that my company cares enough about it's workers to let us.

Oh, and my company is one of the largest military contractors in the US.

I will actually be working from home tomorrow, as has been recommended. Yes, I fully understand that is not possible for everyone. I never told you not to live your life, but practicing a little bit of caution, not shaking hands, washing your hands (I know that thing you do with soap and water), keeping distance from people, is all that everyone should be doing.

Chinese also have much worse air quality, higher percentage of smokers

Chinese also have much worse air quality, higher percentage of smokers
Again, I don't know what this has to do with your statement. The smokers were the individuals that were dying, in case you were wondering. You are not supporting your statement whatsoever.

So, where is your evidence and statistics that refute what I said

Again, I don't know what this has to do with your statement. The smokers were the individuals that were dying, in case you were wondering. You are not supporting your statement whatsoever.
You were saying Americans are fatter, like that’s risk, I’m telling you the Chinese have worse air quality, also a risk

You were saying Americans are fatter, like that’s risk, I’m telling you the Chinese have worse air quality, also a risk
Send me the paper that shows your percentages are going to carry over. How does worse air quality compare to obesity? You are making these statements like you have support/fact to back them up. My point is you have no idea what it will do to most Americans, especially those that are overweight.

Send me the paper that shows your percentages are going to carry over. How does worse air quality compare to obesity? You are making these statements like you have support/fact to back them up. My point is you have no idea what it will do to most Americans, especially those that are overweight.
You are doing the same dipshit. Saying the stats wont carry over. You asked for a link, I provided it, now your like, well those don’t matter. You come up with some stats that show the percentage of Americans under 60 with severe symptoms, let me know, otherwise stfu

You are doing the same dipshit. Saying the stats wont carry over. You asked for a link, I provided it, now your like, well those don’t matter. You come up with some stats that show the percentage of Americans under 60 with severe symptoms, let me know, otherwise stfu
I love the name calling rather than actually presenting the data so far, here is some data presenting underweight individuals, which the chinese have in higher percentages and morbidly obese, which Americans certainly have more of, have higher rates of hospitalization associated with a number of diseases. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/irv.12618. I know this is newer info that has been peer reviewed so read carefully. These numbers will likely be changing as this disease goes through. Once again you seem to not understand that flattening the curve is all I am suggesting. Not shutting down your life.

I love the name calling rather than actually presenting the data so far, here is some data presenting underweight individuals, which the chinese have in higher percentages and morbidly obese, which Americans certainly have more of, have higher rates of hospitalization associated with a number of diseases. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/irv.12618. I know this is newer info that has been peer reviewed so read carefully. These numbers will likely be changing as this disease goes through. Once again you seem to not understand that flattening the curve is all I am suggesting. Not shutting down your life.
Jesus, really? You started the name calling, look back through the thread.

Na, pretty sure Greyhair started that one with the skidmark and sheep comment, but you are deterring again. Stay on point and make your statement.

All I was saying, is I feel like putting the people with immune issues and other at risk categories in more of an isolated stay the hell home state would be better than destroying our economy

All I was saying, is I feel like putting the people with immune issues and other at risk categories in more of an isolated stay the hell home state would be better than destroying our economy
All I am saying is that you are making a straw man argument, and so is Greyhair. I never once suggested shutting the country down, but I do urge people to practice distancing themselves, and not attending massive events with a huge group of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT