ADVERTISEMENT

Throw out who the politician is: How Badly Did the Secret Service Screw up?

Wish the FBI hadn’t been a political target the last 8 years.
While out birding this morning we turned to Fox for a few seconds...that was enough. "The FBI will be investigating now and so many people no longer trust them. They raided Mar-A-Lago!"

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I have mixed feelings on this. Anytime there is a near miss in an attempted assassination, there’s clearly a failing.

That said, it’s a tough shot for LE to take if you don’t immediately see the gun.

How the hell does someone get on a roof with an AR-15 where he was just a couple football fields away and just a couple inches away from taking out the person?
Former SS guy on CBS this morning talked about the difference in protection allocated to a candidate vs. a POTUS.

When was the last time a former President ran for re-election?
Great question, for which I have no answer.
Former Presidents and current candidates do not have Presidential level protection.
Dude talked about at which distance the parameters are set. It was interesting. Bobby Kennedy could relate.

They failed very badly. The country is lucky the deranged gunman was unsuccessful because had Trumps head exploded on TV and all the video and pictures and interviews come out with the unsecured perimeter, to an unsecured roof with slow LE to react to people telling them a gunman was on roof and then of course the counter snipers not getting him first, well, about 160 million Americans would think the government / Biden took Trump out and there would likely be violence erupting now.

Also probably have most of the 'A' team from what is allocated getting the convention ready.
Good point. I bet there will be some local LE failure to blame too. A group was probably picked to control that perimeter and watch the roof and somehow completely wiffed or got caught up wanting to watch Trump.

In hindsight Trump burning local police on paying for hours worked probably wasn't a good idea.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Being in law enforcement and having worked events like these pay and shortage of officers had no bearing on yesterday. Plus from hearing from supervisors how funding for OT works for them. Being that close to Philadelphia suburbs beyond state patrol, county and local PD if shortage could reached out beyond and would’ve had no issues getting people.

Furthermore over whelming amount of law enforcement supports one side over the other. And not tough to determine which side.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
Sorry, not sorry if PepsiCo

UXi4Ipg.png

Reactions: ClarindaA's
It's a combination of things. Bad detail work, Trump selecting stupid locations, outside venues. Everybody, including Trump added to the laundry list of bad moves to make this possible.

Going off last post. The local was not difficult to secure. Huge lapse of error to have someone get as close as he could and aerial map shows one spot to monitor where shooter was which raises many red flags and criticism. Definitely needs answer to why. Shooter was roughly 165 yds away where any law enforcement qualify with AR is from only 15 yards closer requiring 24 out of 30 to qualify. Which basically say that extremely lucky he missed.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
You have no clue what you are talking about. Being in law enforcement and having worked events like these pay and shortage of officers had no bearing on yesterday. Being that close to Philadelphia suburbs beyond state patrol, county and local PD if shortage could reached out beyond and would’ve had no issues getting people.

Furthermore over whelming amount of law enforcement supports one side over the other. And not tough to determine which side.
Not sure if you are dissing Philly or not, but this event was in Western PA. No where close.

Not sure if you are dissing Philly or not, but this event was in Western PA. No where close.
I am not. I meant Pitt. My mistake. Just saying close enough where if they needed more law enforcement could reach out to that area. Plus most state patrols provide a hefty amount of personnel. Kind of like for Iowa football games. Reach out to local and if still need more expand the circular around Iowa city and ask county or city PDs.

Reactions: billanole
Yes, it’s extremely disconcerting to me that some redneck Pennsyltucky gun-loving hillbilly could get that close to a former POTUS/POTUS candidate. We should be much better than that.

48% turnover at the Secret Service?
I guess the dog was hard on morale.

Tapped the talent pool to meet the quotas I guess:

sbbPHGW.jpeg

They failed very badly. The country is lucky the deranged gunman was unsuccessful because had Trumps head exploded on TV and all the video and pictures and interviews come out with the unsecured perimeter, to an unsecured roof with slow LE to react to people telling them a gunman was on roof and then of course the counter snipers not getting him first, well, about 160 million Americans would think the government / Biden took Trump out and there would likely be violence erupting now.

It doesn't matter if he was killed or not....you will have plenty of morons that will already think that and guaranteed Trump will stoke those fires. I say it was extremely unlucky

54314699-10523529-image-a-37_1645110795439.jpg
I would have assumed high ground with a clear line of sight that close would have security on it.

Did he announce he wanted a woman to head it before looking for the best candidate. Like he did with VP and Supreme Court?

Remember Biden likes to check boxes and worry about the best later.

Last edited:
Ya’ll are absolutely crazy if you think the Secret Service details aren’t qualified.

Bingo card is filling up though.

Ukraine funding
DEI
Wokism
Impeachment
Lack of prayer
Breakdown of traditional family structure
Shower water pressure

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
Scapegoats will be found. Secret Service is low hanging fruit. There will be many here blaming Biden, too.
America…home of the free and the brave and not real smart.

America’s failure to combat mental illness and its partners (bullying) in a serious manner….coupled with the nation’s lust for firearms, these kind of things will be with us for a long time.
Apparently the suspected assassin (dead) was a victim of bullying a few years ago….and he had access to legally purchased assault type firearm….surprised? Coincidence?

Reactions: billanole
I've been thinking about that a lot today. I can't imagine what this country would look like today if this attempt would have been successful.

I've been thinking about that a lot today. I can't imagine what this country would look like today if this attempt would have been successful.
Why? Bloodlust? Life moves on. America survived the murders of the Kennedys and MLK… all much more respected people than Trump.
Hate to appear cold but I believe this is the truth.
The difference is the immaturity and hatred of “the two sides” today compared to where America was 55 years ago.
However, the fact remains, no one got us here but us….what you going to do about it now?

Why? Bloodlust? Life moves on. America survived the murders of the Kennedys and MLK… all much more respected people than Trump.
Hate to appear cold but I believe this is the truth.
The difference is the immaturity and hatred of “the two sides” today compared to where America was 55 years ago.
However, the fact remains, no one got us here but us….what you going to do about it now?
Why? Because Maga is crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT