ADVERTISEMENT

Throw out who the politician is: How Badly Did the Secret Service Screw up?

Why? Bloodlust? Life moves on. America survived the murders of the Kennedys and MLK… all much more respected people than Trump.
Hate to appear cold but I believe this is the truth.
The difference is the immaturity and hatred of “the two sides” today compared to where America was 55 years ago.
However, the fact remains, no one got us here but us….what you going to do about it now?
How many times have you tried to say j6 was near the Ned of democracy? The 3 events you just discussed were much larger.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I'm not sure what this picture is supposed to prove. All I see are two agents who positioned themselves in front of the President and former President in an attempt to shield them from gunfire.
i4aFG7v.png

Former Navy Seal and Blackwater founder Erik Prince gave a detailed assessment of yesterday's Secret Service debacle in the wake of a failed assassination attempt on former President Trump.

"Hopefully after the tragedy yesterday in Butler PA we can all recognize that unaccountable bloated bureaucracies continue to fail us as Americans," Prince posted to X.

Donald J Trump is alive today solely due to a bad wind estimate by an evil would be assasin [sic].

As the graphics show the full value wind of just 5mph was enough to displace the unconfirmed but likely light 55 grain bullet two inches from DJT's intended forehead to his ear.

DJT was not saved by USSS brilliance.
The fact that USSS allowed a rifle armed shooter within 150yds to a preplanned event is either malice or massive incompetence. Clearly there was adequate uncontrolled dead space for a shooter to move into position and take multiple aimed shots. Watching the newsreel one can hear how proximate the shooter is by the very short time lapse between the crack of arriving bullet (supersonic) to the boom of muzzle blast (sonic).

The law enforcement sniper (unclear if USSS) in newsreels was clearly overwhelmed as his face came off his rifle instead of doing his job to kill the shooter. Clearly they were watching the shooter but apparently have a no "first shot" policy. The only positive action was an apparent 488yd shot by one USSS sniper which despatched the assasin but after the assassin launched at least 5 rounds, wounding DJT and killing and severely others in the crowd.

In my old business of providing Diplomatic Security in two active war zones we were expected to execute the basics or we would be fired. Clearly USSS failed at the basics of a secure perimeter and once shots were fired their extraction was clumsy and left DJT highly exposed to follow on attacks. It looked like they had never drilled together because those responses should be effectively autonomic. Will there be accountability? That's not the Washington way.

Unserious and unworthy people in positions of authority got us to this near disaster. Merit and execution must be the only deciding factors in hiring and leadership, not the social engineering priority of the day. Sadly nothing in Washington reflects that any longer. DJT is right to question the competence of those protecting him because yesterday they failed in almost every way. Nature abhors a vacuum and there are always other options.

Most importantly, as Americans let's come together and run a proper valid election so we can get back to what matters a merit based society that judges on character and skill. Nothing else.

(Images from a SEAL sniper instructor at Red Sky LLC)

ka3ygFQ.png

mf92CWn.png

b7cmB7Z.png

When looking at the circumstances in favor of Thomas Matthew Crooks, the identified alleged suspect in the attempted assassination of Donald Trump in Butler, PA, it's hard to see how the guy failed. Almost every Secret Service security protocol seems to have been ignored, allowing Crooks easy access to a perfect shooting position and plenty of time to acquire a bead on Trump's podium.

he rooftop used by Crooks was a mere 140 yards away from the event with a clear line of sight to the right of Trump. Those familiar with precision shooting know that any shot within 300 yards is considered easy for a moderately trained rifleman. With the right caliber an expert can hit a torso sized target consistently at 1000 yards or more. At 140 yards any amateur should be able to hit a pie plate-sized target with little difficulty, even without a magnified optic.

The Secret Service is supposed to secure all obvious "sniper perches" well before the arrival of a protectee - Meaning, nearby rooftops and buildings are supposed to have a security presence in place along with drone surveillance. In the case of Butler, PA, this was apparently not done. SS snipers were only present on the building right behind the venue stage.

q3cpLti.png

The idea of Crooks being able to get that close with an elevated position on the stage is unthinkable. Another fail was the lack of sight obstructions put in place near the stage. The Secret Service is supposed to erect barriers to block the line of sight from potential shooting locations. Again, this was not done.

Finally, there's the dismal lack of response time. Witnesses outside the event report that they saw Thomas Crooks climbing to the building rooftop with his rifle at least three minutes before he started shooting. They claim they tried to warn police and Secret Service agents to no avail.

"How could you have somebody on the rooftop?" said House Majority Leader Steve Scalise - a victim of political violence, after the shooting. "There are reports that people watched him climb up the roof and even alerted authorities, and we're going to be looking into that."

Meanwhile, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer on Saturday night demanded immediate answers from the Secret Service as to how it failed to prevent the assassination attempt.

"I have already contacted the Secret Service for a briefing and am also calling on Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle to appear for a hearing," Comer said on X. "The Oversight Committee will send a formal invitation soon. There are many questions and Americans demand answers."

As Just the News notes, warning signs about the Secret Service were there months before the Trump assassination attempt.

Back in May, Congress requested a briefing with the Secret Service, after several incidents allegedly raised internal concerns over the quality of its trainings.

A petition within the Secret Service has reportedly been circulating because of the incidents and called for a congressional investigation into the agency, according to Comer.

One incident saw a Secret Service agent assigned to Vice President Kamala Harris allegedly attack her superior and other agents. The unnamed agent also exhibited other "concerning" behavior, according to her colleagues.

Luckily for Trump, Crooks seems to have had terrible aim and he was not smart enough to shoot from a covered position which would have offered him protection and allowed him even more time. Unfortunately, the shooter's stray bullets hit at least three bystanders in the crowd, leaving one dead and two in critical condition. The security failure in this situation is so complete that former Secret Service agents are admitting it publicly and calling for an investigation into how this could have happened.

A local cop spotted attempted-assassin Thomas Crooks just moments before he tried to kill former president Donald Trump — but failed to stop the gunman despite the clear threat, according to a report.

After rallygoers spotted Crooks on the roof of a manufacturing plant just 130 yards from the stage where Trump was speaking just after 6 p.m. Tuesday, police were notified and one officer climbed a ladder to investigate, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

The officer – whose department had been enlisted by the Secret Service to help with security — encountered Crooks, who pointed his AR-style rifle at them.

The officer then backed down the ladder,
and Crooks immediately took aim and loosed about eight shots at the former president – grazing him in the ear, killing one bystander in the rally crowd, and gravely wounding two others, the source said.

After that volley of shots, Secret Service snipers shot Crooks dead.

Despite the Secret Service’s quick response taking out the shooter, the agency tasked with protecting former and current presidents’ lives is facing harsh scrutiny for allowing a gunman to establish an open position so close to Trump’s rally.

“This was a catastrophic failure. It should never have been a remote possibility,” former House Oversight Committee chair Jason Chaffet, who lead an extensive 2015 investigation into the shortcomings of the Secret Service in 2015, told the Washington Post.

“We did all these investigations and did an extensive report so this would never happen again. It’s as if they paid no attention to the bipartisan recommendations,” said Chaffet, whose report focused on ways the Secret Service had been spread too thin.

The Secret Service confirmed after the shooting that it relied heavily on local police to help support its security efforts at the rally, including at least six officers from Butler County tactical units supporting the counter assault team that covered Trump’s evacuation – which only included two officers from the Secret Service, according to the Washington Post.

There were also two Secret Service sniper teams on sight, and an additional two were staffed with local officers.

“Secret Service always has the lead on securing something like this,” Pennsylvania State Police lieutenant colonel George Bivens told reporters, explaining that local police are routinely enlisted to help the Secret Service.

48% turnover at the Secret Service?
I guess the dog was hard on morale.

Tapped the talent pool to meet the quotas I guess:

sbbPHGW.jpeg
A lot of Secret Service personnel got turned over. Thanks to their partying and other extracurriculars. While supposedly on duty.

CNN has a cellphone video on their front page now that shows a whole different angle, you can see the guy on the roof before the shooting starts.

I now think he fired both of the opening volleys, after the second series of shots someone says something like, ‘be careful, he’s looking this way’.

Then a single shot and saying something to the effect of, “they got him.”

I think the rifle jammed is why he didn’t get off more shots. He turned toward the onlookers dealing with his rifle trying to clear it and got sniped something like 20 seconds after he started shooting

I’ve put 30 rounds of 5.56mm entirely on a half size silhouette at 100 yds in <30 seconds with a 3x red dot.

I am not John Wick.

It’s really remarkable this dude failed.

Last edited:
I read that the secret service swept the building hours before the event and then handed over security to the locals.

CNN has a cellphone video on their front page now that shows a whole different angle, you can see the guy on the roof before the shooting starts.

I now think he fired both of the opening volleys, after the second series of shots someone says something like, ‘be careful, he’s looking this way’.

Then a single shot and saying something to the effect of, “they got him.”

I think the rifle jammed is why he didn’t get off more shots. He turned toward the onlookers dealing with his rifle trying to clear it and got sniped something like 20 seconds after he started shooting

I’ve put 30 rounds of 5.56mm entirely on a half size silhouette at 100 yds in <30 seconds with a 3x red dot.

I am not John Wick.

It’s really remarkable this dude failed.

Channel 11′s Nicole Ford confirmed that Beaver County’s ESU team had eight members at the rally, including snipers and spotters. According to Ford’s sources, one of them noticed a suspicious man on a roof near the rally at 5:45 p.m., called it in and took a picture of the person. We have learned from our sources the person in that picture is Thomas Crooks. We’re told it’s not clear if Crooks had a gun with him at that point.

• Wow
Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
The level of incompetence we witnessed on Saturday by the SS makes me think there is really only two possible explanations. A 5 year old was in charge of security detail, or it was an inside job/deep state shit. The worst part is, I have this ominous feeling this event just secured dipshit another term.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
The level of incompetence we witnessed on Saturday by the SS makes me think there is really only two possible explanations. A 5 year old was in charge of security detail, or it was an inside job/deep state shit. The worst part is, I have this ominous feeling this event just secured dipshit another term.
Don’t think it makes any difference. When Biden losses it will be because of how old and feable he is.

Channel 11′s Nicole Ford confirmed that Beaver County’s ESU team had eight members at the rally, including snipers and spotters. According to Ford’s sources, one of them noticed a suspicious man on a roof near the rally at 5:45 p.m., called it in and took a picture of the person. We have learned from our sources the person in that picture is Thomas Crooks. We’re told it’s not clear if Crooks had a gun with him at that point.
If there is a suspicious ANYTHING spotted prior to Trump appearing on stage how in the world did they proceed with bringing him up on stage? What maroons.

Can we, as a board, agree to use the USSS acronym?

Reactions: seminole97

Is that really worse than thinking there are men behind the curtain who tried to murder him in order thwart to democracy and keep control?

So we know the building roof was not covered.

But any guesses how Crooks would know the building was not covered?

Was it dumb luck that he approached the site and his first choice was to climb on that particular roof? Or, is there evidence he moved around the fairgrounds to look for an opening?

It is not that the roof was not secured, it’s that Crooks found the unsecured point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT