ADVERTISEMENT

TikTok Flooded With Positive Kamala Harris Content

binsfeldcyhawk2

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006

More than 85,000 videos about Harris have been posted to the social media app since Biden said on July 21 that he would step aside and endorse Harris as the Democratic nominee, according to the Zelf Political Report released Monday.​

Zelf, a TikTok listening and analytics platform, found that most of these posts were positive, giving Harris a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of +49 percent.

Harris launched her personal TikTok account on Thursday. Since joining the app, the vice president's four posts have received over 81 million views and 9.6 million likes. She has also racked up 3.2 million followers. The decision to join TikTok comes as Harris has spurred recent viral trends, like a coconut tree meme and references to the Charli XCX album Brat.

In related news...

TikTok collected views on abortion, gun control from U.S. users, Justice Department says​

The Justice Department warned, in stark terms, of the potential for what it called "covert content manipulation" by the Chinese government, saying the algorithm could be designed to shape the content that users receive.

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
Brought it up because my daughter (huge Harris supporter) showed me the Harris campaign content on tik tok. Have to say...it's extremely well done.
My wife (pic in another thread) was like there are a lot of Harris ads on Instagram maybe? I don’t do social media. I was like don’t you think your algorithm delivers that for you. She was equating it to her popularity and thought everyone must be seeing this.

My wife (pic in another thread) was like there are a lot of Harris ads on Instagram maybe? I don’t do social media. I was like don’t you think your algorithm delivers that for you. She was equating it to her popularity and thought everyone must be seeing this.
Harris is definitely winning the social media battle.

We'll see if that will be enough to get her the W.

Either way the election is gonna be close. She pretty obviously has a better shot than Joe did in his current condition.

That’s what going from 30% enthusiastic to vote for your candidate to 81% enthusiastic to vote for your candidate will do for you. Have not seen this energy since 2008. Certainly not in 2016 and 2020 was more like work and voting against Trump instead of excited about Biden.

Right now there is massive energy in the Democratic Party coast to coast.

Last edited:

Either way the election is gonna be close. She pretty obviously has a better shot than Joe did in his current condition.
What is the tone of these posts? Are they dark attack ads or more positive up beat?
Can to imagine a Tik Tok video for Trump that would have a fun positive spin to it? I just can't see it.

What is the tone of these posts? Are they dark attack ads or more positive up beat?
Can to imagine a Tik Tok video for Trump that would have a fun positive spin to it? I just can't see it.
Harris has stuff with Beyonce background music in a couple and the production quality is very good. I can see how it's attractive to young folks. Basically crafted for the audience and they do a good job IMO.

Reactions: ericram
Looks like Trump is going to have to flip flop again and state he'll shut the Tik Tac down when he's POTUS

Reactions: VodkaSam

This is energy and youth driven. Trump's campaign was on cruise control and clearly poorly prepared to handle a change on the Dem ticket. I don't know if that was incompetence or hubris. Trump has always been a master of TV, and of generating free coverage. He'll go crazy in a day or two. He was good on Twitter, but that has lagged as he tries and push Truth Social, and get his content then pushed over to Twitter. He was raging against Zuckerberg a few days ago, so I suspect he isn't being given free rein there. Facebook was fertile ground for him in 2016.

That’s what going from 30 percent enthusiastic to bit for candidate to 81% enthusiastic to vote for your candidate will do for you. Have not seen this energy since 2008. Certainly not in 2016 and 2020 was more like work and voting against Trump instead of excited about Biden.

Right now there is massive energy in the Democratic Party coast to coast.
This is still about the vote against Trump.

People don't even know Harris. Dems are overjoyed to have Biden out and a renewed chance to beat Trump.

It fits well and you've been contributing to it.

For the record before anybody jumps down my throat, I see it with Trump too and will still be voting for whatever the Dem ticket is.
Saying you “see it with Trump too” tells me you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Reactions: RileyHawk
“A cult of personality is a derogatory term for a group that idealizes a leader and encourages unquestioning devotion to them. The leader is often portrayed as heroic and infallible, and followers are told to love, admire, and respect them no matter what. Cults of personality often use propaganda and mass media to create a larger-than-life image of the leader, and may involve rituals, art, and symbolism. They can also include common traits like patriotism, mass demonstrations, and distortions of the truth.”

I'll never understand this crusade against technology that enables quick viewing of endless amounts of hot women dance around barely clothed. Now that's WEIRD!
It's another shitty social media platform for kids. People watch hours worth of 10 second clips.

And the chinese communist party is undoubtedly going to using data and or manipulating content for their own benefit. At least let it be a US company.

It's a net negative on society.

The Harris campaign seems to be getting young people off the couch. That's a good sign for Democrats. Don't underestimate the value of being seen as "cool" by younger generations.

He goes from loved for electric cars to hated for free speech. Go figure.
the difference between twitter right before he bought it to X now is a stark difference and not for the better. The "free speech" is more pay to amplify and it's heavily weighed down with misinformation. It was imperfect before, but real bad now.

I rarely trust anything I read on X.

Harris has stuff with Beyonce background music in a couple and the production quality is very good. I can see how it's attractive to young folks. Basically crafted for the audience and they do a good job IMO.
“Audience manipulation is their job, and they’ve become exceedingly good at it.”

main-qimg-66710d2f7759fdc12cf6f989e57dca3a-lq

Reactions: TennNole17
It's another shitty social media platform for kids. People watch hours worth of 10 second clips.

And the chinese communist party is undoubtedly going to using data and or manipulating content for their own benefit. At least let it be a US company.

It's a net negative on society.

If T&A is wrong and a net negative on society, I don't wanna be right!

the difference between twitter right before he bought it to X now is a stark difference and not for the better. The "free speech" is more pay to amplify and it's heavily weighed down with misinformation. It was imperfect before, but real bad now.

I rarely trust anything I read on X.
I keep seeing people say this, but I just don't see it.
Before Elon, my Twitter feed was mostly left wing propaganda like BrooklynDadDefiant and JoJoFromJerzee, even though I had never followed them or clicked on a single one of their posts.

After Elon, I still get some uninvited political stuff(overwhelmingly right wing propaganda) but not nearly as much as I had before. Much of this is from Elon himself and it seems that his posts are going to show up whether you follow him or not.

Also, I still have the option to seek out and follow the left wing folks, unlike before where the right wing folks were routinely banned for spreading "misinformation".

Seems practical to me. It's a dodgy app that should be banned, but until it is she's reaching out to the tiktok generation with it.
It definitely makes sense to be on there to reach the most eyeballs.

Convenient…

Biden signs a bill that could ban TikTok — after the 2024 election​

The legislation gives TikTok's China-based parent company nine to 12 months to sell or be banned in the U.S., ensuring the app will remain active through the fall campaign.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT