ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Allen Complains About Not Being Able to Use N-Word on 'The View'

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim-allen-complains-not-being-181713443.html

You can't even go back and talk about the book [Pryor] wrote," Allen said to the ladies.

"And you know, what I got to do sometimes sometimes is explain - which I hate - in big arenas, that this is a thought police thing and I do not like it. But when I use these words, this is my intent behind those words. So as long as you know my intent... I still get people who say, 'Just don't say it.' And I said I'm not going to do that."
Joy Behar added, "If I ever brought that old act back, I'd be driven out of town."
"I'm surprised they haven't because I do use some provocative words, but I tell them, it's words I really got from my parents," Allen said referring to the jokes in his stand up sets and tweets. "They said this stuff. When we talked about it... We can't even say this stuff. Can't even point to it."

Reactions: artradley
Tekashi 69 uses the word, so why can’t fellow snitch, Tim Allen?

Of course not. That would be stupid. Does Oprah get reparations money? How about Barry and Michelle?
You are an idiot and I knew better to respond to you but I did, never again. That doesn’t even make any sense and the sad thing is you are clueless that you are actually a complete idiot. You think you are big brain....

Yes, we can move beyond this by giving reparations, but I’m guessing you don’t agree with that either.....

I know the best way to solve a problem is to take something from people that had nothing to do with it, and give it to people that were never affected by it.

What a joke. Reparations won’t solve or fix anything. It’s just a way for ppl like you with white guilt to virtue signal and pat yourself on the back.

I know the best way to solve a problem is to take something from people that had nothing to do with it, and give it to people that were never affected by it.

What a joke. Reparations won’t solve or fix anything. It’s just a way for ppl like you with white guilt to virtue signal and pat yourself on the back.

I’m on the fence about financial compensation, but they are owed SOMETHING. I know this will probably go way over your head, but Christopher Hitchens nails why:

It's a modern day double standard (or reverse double standard if you will) and I hope someday we can move beyond all this shit.

You’re opinion will be valued on this subject once several generations of your family are brutally enslaved against their will. Until that time, you’re just white noise and white whine.

You’re opinion will be valued on this subject once several generations of your family are brutally enslaved against their will. Until that time, you’re just white noise and white whine.
So you were a slave owner? Your parents owned some? No? Then your opinion isn’t valued and your just talking white noise.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim-allen-complains-not-being-181713443.html

You can't even go back and talk about the book [Pryor] wrote," Allen said to the ladies.

"And you know, what I got to do sometimes sometimes is explain - which I hate - in big arenas, that this is a thought police thing and I do not like it. But when I use these words, this is my intent behind those words. So as long as you know my intent... I still get people who say, 'Just don't say it.' And I said I'm not going to do that."
Joy Behar added, "If I ever brought that old act back, I'd be driven out of town."
"I'm surprised they haven't because I do use some provocative words, but I tell them, it's words I really got from my parents," Allen said referring to the jokes in his stand up sets and tweets. "They said this stuff. When we talked about it... We can't even say this stuff. Can't even point to it."

More right wing grievance. He must be thinking of running for office.

It's a modern day double standard (or reverse double standard if you will) and I hope someday we can move beyond all this shit.

It’s the same double standard that is well understood and accepted in every other facet of life. It’s curious that this is the one situation where a bunch of folks have a problem.

Saw a re-run of Carson the other night with Richard Pryor, mid to late 70's. Johnny asked, "you use *bleep* in your material" and asked him how he felt about people saying he shouldn't in light of black people trying to distance themselves from the historical nature of the word. Pryor pretty much says nothing to those people, and said *bleep* a couple times more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT