ADVERTISEMENT

Time to open up the QB battle; nothing to lose

Does the fact that Cade was given a large NIL deal have anything to do with KF sticking with him?

I say no, but it is a dynamic that is new to KF. Does KF feel obligated to play the guy who is paid the most? Can KF pull the guy that is paid the most?

Which is why KF should've been let go after the Petras years. Part of being a HC is admitting you were wrong and playing the guys that give your team the best chance to win. Every player on a team should understand that their starter role isn't a birthright and poor performance can and will get you benched.

Reactions: Macbride79
sarcastic willy wonka GIF

Never going to happen. The QB position is too important and Kirk can't make those hard decisions. He's better off chomping gum and writing notes on his flashcards.

After all....If you give your backup QB a QUARTER he might go scoreless and throw a pick
Checks notes...

Oh Cade just did that.

Reactions: HawkBall23
At least Sullivan can keep the ball and take off running. Not sure why Cade didnt run a couple after fake handoffs from shotgun just to keep them honest.
Re: calling for a QB change ....

You may not have been paying attention for the past very numerous years; you are aware who the head coach is, right??

Does the fact that Cade was given a large NIL deal have anything to do with KF sticking with him?

I say no, but it is a dynamic that is new to KF. Does KF feel obligated to play the guy who is paid the most? Can KF pull the guy that is paid the most?
I think it absolutely is part of the reason. They begged him to come to Iowa and told him he was the starter. Kirk won't make a change.

If BS gets no consideration for meaningful playing time after that CM performance, then we’ll know that TL is exactly who I was hoping he was not - another KF yes-man. I'm hoping like heck that TL, wanting to improve his reputation after being relegated to analyst last year, will have some influence in wanting to play “his guy.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT