ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of Doom and Gloom

HawkeyeGold

HB Legend
Dec 2, 2004
Cedar Rapids
Ok, I've been reading it all week and thought it was time I said something. Way too many people around here seem convinced that Indiana, through some kind of hokum pokum, siccum wikkum, hoodoo voodoo is going to derail our undefeated season. Stop with it already. I mean seriously people. Have a little dignity. Show some faith in these young men who have given you exactly ZERO reason to doubt they're going to do anything less than come out and give 100% effort and focus to the task of throttling Indiana like the mediocre, middle of the road team they are.

Oh, but HG they throw pretty spirals! Oh, but HG we cover slot receivers with linebackers! Oh, but HG their running back weights 280lbs, runs like Gronk and leaps linebackers in a single bound!

Could we lose? Sure anyone can lose any time. But are we likely to? No more likely than any other game we've played this year aside possibly from North Texas. We are NOT a good matchup for them and this crap about them being a bad matchup for us is all based on past teams which this team does not reflect in any way shape or form.

Listen. Their defense is all you need to know about. They are nearly as bad as North Texas defensively. They give up nearly twice what we do.

F6fGNk.png

Their passing defense is WORSE than North Texas - DEAD LAST in the entire country at 127th out of 127. They allow 75% more passing yards than we do.

r6taRG.png

Scoring offense? Virtual wash.

psyg1N.png

What we have here are two teams with slightly above average offenses, 1 with arguably the worst defense in college football and the other with a championship calibre defense. This is NOT rocket science, folks. This is crap that happens out behind the wood shed.

It all adds up to a beat down for Little Red. Iowa wins this one going away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.