ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Hawk team can win out!! My take and what did you see?

uihawk82

HB All-American
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2021
Great running game again with a 6 yard per carry avg against a team that held down Mich run game for much of their game.

Good timely passes, the 3rd down and 11 throw to I think Seth A. to keep a drive going for a score. Quick strike TD to a freshman after the turnover. A 58% completion rate with one drop.

Defense bent but didnt break got a bunch of key stops, very good pass rush, the stop and the blocked FG. Once the defense saw a couple of drives they really held well. A great INT

Zero turnovers +2 there, great punting and FG kicking

Go hawks, beat sparty

Last edited:
Great running game again with a 6 yard per carry avg against a team that held down Mich run game for much of their game.

Good timely passes, the 3rd down and 11 throw to I think Seth A. to keep a drive going for a score. Quick strike TD to a freshman after the turnover. A 58% completion rate with one drop.

Defense bent but didnt break got a bunch of key stops, very good pass rush, the stop and the blocked FG. Once the defense saw a couple of drives they really held well. A great INT

Zero turnovers +2 there, great punting and FG kicking

Go hawks, beat sparty
While I appreciate the win and how I will accomplish it. Winning out will be a tall task as where does the offense go if they fall behind? Kade is still not the answer he still only through for like 100 yards so being ahead and playing that style works, but get behind a little bit and where does Iowa find the answers to come back? I hope you’re right and Iowa wins out though.

This team is a lot like the teams for the past 4 or 5 seasons. They are pretty good, but they aren't any threat to a top 10 team, especially if it is on the road. So they will be entertaining this year but if they somehow slip into the playoffs (they would need help but it is still possible) it likely would not be a pretty road game for them.

While I appreciate the win and how I will accomplish it. Winning out will be a tall task as where does the offense go if they fall behind? Kade is still not the answer he still only through for like 100 yards so being ahead and playing that style works, but get behind a little bit and where does Iowa find the answers to come back? I hope you’re right and Iowa wins out though.
If the other teams always cooperate with key TOs and penalties, Iowa could finish strong. If the other teams clean up a few things though, well, every Saturday is a new deal. Ask Illinois about Purdue . . .

I love Kirk. 200 wins says it all about his coaching ability. But, he has to demote McNamara to #2 QB. It will not be easy for him, but he must do it.
What has Sullivan done for you (& others) to say this? Yeah he can run a little, but we haven't seen him throw under pressure. We have 2 losses to 2 undefeated teams. Let's give Cade some support & see how it plays out. If he has a bad half with a couple of turnovers, sure let's get Sullivan in there. But let's not forget his presence, poise & experience is a big plus in his favor. He's played in big games.

I like the way Kirk & Lester are playing our QB's currently.

What has Sullivan done for you (& others) to say this? Yeah he can run a little, but we haven't seen him throw under pressure. We have 2 losses to 2 undefeated teams. Let's give Cade some support & see how it plays out. If he has a bad half with a couple of turnovers, sure let's get Sullivan in there. But let's not forget his presence, poise & experience is a big plus in his favor. He's played in big games.

I like the way Kirk & Lester are playing our QB's currently.

I'm concerned that other teams will figure out McNamara can't throw accurately more than 15 yards. Washington could have played a lot smarter. I doubt Iowa wins out with McNamara, but yeah, today McNamara was good enough. If Iowa wins out with McNamara, I guess the season will be a success by Iowa standards. McNamara is not going to QB this team to a win vs a Top 10 team.

I'm concerned that other teams will figure out McNamara can't throw accurately more than 15 yards. Washington could have played a lot smarter. I doubt Iowa wins out with McNamara, but yeah, today McNamara was good enough. If Iowa wins out with McNamara, I guess the season will be a success by Iowa standards. McNamara is not going to QB this team to a win vs a Top 10 team.
This would give them a 10-2 record. Where the F are you from, Nebraska? For F's sake....

Other teams already know what Cade can do. He has plenty of video out there. 10-2!

Iowa is a solid program. Let’s not pretend they’re anything more than that. Unfortunately we get fooled into thinking Iowa is a top tier status and should be playoffs every few years (due to scheduling, not cause of talent).

Kirk’s philosophy won’t ever let the program try to take that next step. There would need to be a serious overhaul in recruiting and offensive play calling.

Kirk would also need to play a QB who can improvise and not be afraid of making mistakes

as @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset noted in the game thread washington had to play a really early game per their body clocks so some of the margin at the very least could be attributed to that. iowa’s gonna have to keep improving on both o and d to have a chance. let’s see if we can avoid a letdown game next week first.
FWIW, Dolph said Washington practiced 9am ther time and got here Thursday.

Reactions: desihawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT