ADVERTISEMENT

Tomi Lahren is mad and pouting

Its an interesting time for Republican pundits and long-time Trump supporters who have an audience.

I listened to our long-time local conservative radio host (SE SD) last week -a big Trump supporter and apologist since 2016, The failed "red wave" (which he helped push) was the subject. It was very evident that he was trying to subtly make the case that Trump was partially responsible for the losses. He took an hour to make his (convincing) case.

Then he went to the phones.

His callers were angry and combative. Most defended Trump, a few seemed genuinely confused what to think. No one thought it was time to move on. The host stood his ground for the most part.

Yesterday I tune in to the radio show again and the host goes on a spiel about how he has had time since the election to get "better perpective" and maybe his comments right after the election were "too emotional". etc. LOL.

Its going to be hard for these right wing pundits and radio/TV hosts to pivot away from Trump .... if this show is any indication, their audiences have been deeply indoctrinated and don't want to hear it.

Its an interesting time for Republican pundits and long-time Trump supporters who have an audience.

I listened to our long-time local conservative radio host (SE SD) last week -a big Trump supporter and apologist since 2016, The failed "red wave" (which he helped push) was the subject. It was very evident that he was trying to subtly make the case that Trump was partially responsible for the losses. He took an hour to make his (convincing) case.

Then he went to the phones.

His callers were angry and combative. Most defended Trump, a few seemed genuinely confused what to think. No one thought it was time to move on. The host stood his ground for the most part.

Yesterday I tune in to the radio show again and the host goes on a spiel about how he has had time since the election to get "better perpective" and maybe his comments right after the election were "too emotional". etc. LOL.

Its going to be hard for these right wing pundits and radio/TV hosts to pivot away from Trump .... if this show is any indication, their audiences have been deeply indoctrinated and don't want to hear it.
I suspect many who had first class seats on the Trump train will stay on board once he announces he's running again in 2024 and starts his rallies. The new enemy will become the elitist RINOs working against him and all of his followers.

The most interesting fact in that story. For every dollar Trump raises recently. He spent 91 cents to get it. That's probably why he's truly going to announce.

I suspect many who had first class seats on the Trump train will stay on board once he announces he's running again in 2024 and starts his rallies. The new enemy will become the elitist RINOs working against him and all of his followers.
I think so. What choice do they have? They have cemented themselves after 6-7 solid years of Trump pumping to an audience dominated by MAGA types. A sudden pivot is not commercially feasible when the political god/hero they have worshipped is back in the game. A few will try, it will be interesting to watch the bloody conflict which ensues.

I think so. What choice do they have? They have cemented themselves after 6-7 solid years of Trump pumping to an audience dominated by MAGA types. A sudden pivot is not commercially feasible when the political god/hero they have worshipped is back in the game. A few will try, it will be interesting to watch the bloody conflict which ensues.
I'm ready to see the first one break hard. That is where the entertainment is going to be.

Reactions: nu2u
If the GOP thinks Trump is going out quietly they are more naive than we all thought.

Trying to break off a relationship with a narcissist rarely goes well. By nature they are Pyromaniacs, taking enjoyment from scorching the path behind them.

I'd give her some disappointing sex to pout about.
thumb_hey-girl-you-want-some-good-sex-no-then-you-64692675.png

I'm guessing the elitist RINO in chief will be Ron DeSanctimonious.

Trump is going to be gunning for him. He knows he's the only real threat.

If the GOP thinks Trump is going out quietly they are more naive than we all thought.

Trying to break off a relationship with a narcissist rarely goes well. By nature they are Pyromaniacs, taking enjoyment from scorching the path behind them.
Reminds me of the end of the snake parable.

You knew I was a snake when you picked me up.

Which will bring Trump to start the America First Patriot Party siphoning millions of GOP voters to it.

I sort of posted about this in another thread but my question is mainly if Trump will have the time and resources to get on the ballot if he decides to do this.

A few of my ultra right wing fraternity brothers are convinced that the transition to DeFelon will be seamless. They are all corporate, obedience types, and this is what their CEO bosses have convinced themselves. A very rude awakening awaits them.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
I sort of posted about this in another thread but my question is mainly if Trump will have the time and resources to get on the ballot if he decides to do this.

If he can't, he will tell all his people to stay home. Many of them will do as he instructs them.

If he can't, he will tell all his people to stay home. Many of them will do as he instructs them.

I'm not sure, the Georgia runoff was close after Trump told them to stay home.

Dems have a much better chance with him on the ballot then him ranting and raving from Mar-a-lago that his followers should just stay home on election day.

An excerpt from the NY Times opinion page:

"Belief in Donald Trump means never having to face the facts. If the MAGA movement wouldn’t accept defeat in an election Mr. Trump directly lost, head-to-head, in 2020, why would it accept defeat in this one secondhand? Has everyone forgotten the basic lessons of the nation’s unwilling but thorough immersion in the Trump psyche? From the Trumpian point of view, Mehmet Oz didn’t lose to John Fetterman in Pennsylvania because Mr. Trump has worn out his magic touch; Mr. Oz lost because he, personally, was not Donald Trump.

The leader’s great promise to his followers has always been that he will liberate them from consequences. Turnout numbers and precinct returns, like real-estate bankruptcies, are nothing more than inconvenient opinions, to be overcome by force of bluster, or force of will."

Reactions: srams21 and torbee
An excerpt from the NY Times opinion page:

"Belief in Donald Trump means never having to face the facts. If the MAGA movement wouldn’t accept defeat in an election Mr. Trump directly lost, head-to-head, in 2020, why would it accept defeat in this one secondhand? Has everyone forgotten the basic lessons of the nation’s unwilling but thorough immersion in the Trump psyche? From the Trumpian point of view, Mehmet Oz didn’t lose to John Fetterman in Pennsylvania because Mr. Trump has worn out his magic touch; Mr. Oz lost because he, personally, was not Donald Trump.

The leader’s great promise to his followers has always been that he will liberate them from consequences. Turnout numbers and precinct returns, like real-estate bankruptcies, are nothing more than inconvenient opinions, to be overcome by force of bluster, or force of will."

There are initial signs though that the base is turning. Fox news has felt free to go after him and more importantly, early post election polls are showing DeSantis as the front runner for the R nomination in 2024.

There are initial signs though that the base is turning.
Possibly, softer support from more moderate Republican voters, I suppose. IMO the best indication of a signigicant collapse of Trump support among the GOP base is the posture of elected officials and party leadership.

In that regard, House leadership is solidly behind Trump. In the only branch of the federal government to be controlled by the GOP, top R leadership -McCarthy, Scalise & Stefanic - all support Trump (Stefanic has already endorsed him).

GOP sentators? Mitt Romney wrote an op-ed calling for a new direction but, like most of his colleagues, he was too cowardly to even mention Trump. That's about it. That tells me that leadership still believe DT still holds a fierce stranglehold on the GOP base.

They get what they deserve. I don't believe any of these guys would have "turned" on Trump had his midterm candidates been even halfways successful. They would still be in Trumps corner if he could win elections and give the party power and control. Let him burn them down and destroy the GOP.

Possibly, softer support from more moderate Republican voters, I suppose. IMO the best indication of a signigicant collapse of Trump support among the GOP base is the posture of elected officials and party leadership.

In that regard, House leadership is solidly behind Trump. In the only branch of the federal government to be controlled by the GOP, top R leadership -McCarthy, Scalise & Stefanic - all support Trump (Stefanic has already endorsed him).

GOP sentators? Mitt Romney wrote an op-ed calling for a new direction but, like most of his colleagues, he was too cowardly to even mention Trump. That's about it. That tells me that leadership still believe DT still holds a fierce stranglehold on the GOP base.

Romney is going after him more than most. His comments start at 3:15 with some lead up to his comments about 15 seconds prior. They follow his comments by pointing out that many elected Rs agree with Romney but as you point out, they are too scared of Cheeto and his base to agree with Romney publicly.

Romney: Trump Is Like ‘Aging Pitcher'—And It’s Time To 'Get Off The Mound'

https://www.youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=QWGch5ambco&ab_channel=MSNBC

If you look at threads on the first page of HORT today, you see Romney, Grassley and Pence speaking against Trump in some manner. What they have in common is that they don't have anything to lose by criticizing him. When large numbers of elected Rs put their paychecks on the line to oppose Trump then you will know he is finished. Until then, they are stuck with him.

If you look at threads on the first page of HORT today, you see Romney, Grassley and Pence speaking against Trump in some manner. What they have in common is that they don't have anything to lose by criticizing him. When large numbers of elected Rs put their paychecks on the line to oppose Trump then you will know he is finished. Until then, they are stuck with him.
Grassley criticizing Trump is laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT