ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 SNL cast members of all time.

That's it! I've been searching for that skit off and on for quite some time. Thank you for posting.
Gilda is the best part of that skit...just brilliant.

7e762f87aae055b94e4c9609161f17f5.gif

Man, I remember seeing this live and I was in fvcking tears with laughter! With Chris Guest as the choreographer! He used that character in other films. But, Martin Short spazzing-out at the edge of the pool had me coughing from laughing so hard. My dad, who was born in 1940, was a tough one to crack and make laugh. He happened to be awake and was watching it and was laughing out loud.

Man, I remember seeing this live and I was in fvcking tears with laughter! With Chris Guest as the choreographer! He used that character in other films. But, Martin Short spazzing-out at the edge of the pool had me coughing from laughing so hard. My dad, who was born in 1940, was a tough one to crack and make laugh. He happened to be awake and was watching it and was laughing out loud.
That's the best kind of memory, isn't it? I remember my mom and dad pissing their pants at Porky's during the Kim Catrell scene and me laughing at them laughing. The only other time my dad really laughed hard was Benny Hill and the MASH Air Raid scene.

Reactions: Eternal Return
Hartman
Farley
Wiig
McKinnon
Ferrel
Belushi
Hader
Murray
Bryant
Sandler
Bryant

Honorable mention: Norm

And Martin Short sucks

Last edited:
While she's not going to make any top 10 lists, I think Jen Hooks is probably right at about 16-20 in mostly everyone's list. She was incredibly consistent and had a lot of funny stuff. I see a lot of her in some of the current ones.

That's the best kind of memory, isn't it? I remember my mom and dad pissing their pants at Porky's during the Kim Catrell scene and me laughing at them laughing. The only other time my dad really laughed hard was Benny Hill and the MASH Air Raid scene.
My dad LOVED Porky's. And, the "air raid" scene when Frank Burns falls into the foxhole filled with water?

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I would rank Dana Carvey #1.

He didn't make everyone's list here, so I guess there are many who don't appreciate his humor, but he is IMO the most talented comedian in SNL history, especially when it comes to impersonations.

If you have Chris Farley or Will Ferrell on your list and not Dana Carvey, that's just personal preference for humor and not terribly objective regarding comedic talent. Farley basically always played various versions of the same fat, obnoxious character, and Ferrell basically always played various versions of the same skinny, clueless character with odd accents. A lot people find that funny every time. Nothing wrong with that. Made them movie stars and gazillionaires.

Especially when looking at only material on SNL, D.C. is among the elite.

Reactions: Eternal Return

He didn't make everyone's list here, so I guess there are many who don't appreciate his humor, but he is IMO the most talented comedian in SNL history, especially when it comes to impersonations.

If you have Chris Farley or Will Ferrell on your list and not Dana Carvey, that's just personal preference for humor and not terribly objective regarding comedic talent. Farley basically always played various versions of the same fat, obnoxious character, and Ferrell basically always played various versions of the same skinny, clueless character with odd accents. A lot people find that funny every time. Nothing wrong with that. Made them movie stars and gazillionaires.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentz

So, you must hate Keenan and Phil Hartman.

In case others aren't aware.... The Peacock streaming service has ALL the SNL episodes to watch for free. Has a few commercials and don't get to watch the musical guests.

I started with 1990 to see when Farley first started with small appearances.

Dana Carvey is hilarious with his Bush impressions.

Weekend update with Dennis Miller is awesome. It's fun to see what the news was in the early 90s.

Not a fan on Kevin Nealon doing Weekend update. A step down from Dennis Miller.

Check out SNL on Peacock. It's my new "I can't decide what to watch" show

Haven’t watched since the Billy Crystal/Martin Short years. Watched pretty much every year from Season 2 until then (KWWL, the NBC station we got in Cedar Rapids, did not show the first season of SNL for some reason. Ticked me off because I was into comedy at that time, and wanted to see this new show.).

Even the “bad” season had its moments (“My name is VicKEE, and this is my friend, DeBEE” bits, and Joe Piscopo).

SCTV was better, though.

I think you just need to go with who makes you laugh the most. Farley was not high-minded comedy but the clips of him I linked still make me laugh like when I saw them for the first time 30 years ago

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT