ADVERTISEMENT

Top reasons for optimism for next year

KYHWKY

Scout Team
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
its a long time until kickoff for next year but here are my thoughts on why next year could be exciting...
- Nixon could be an absolute stud and combine with Nelson, Ep, Gholston, and the rest of the returning DLine to give us an absolutely nasty DLine
- Stanley could improve and shore up the things that kept us from atleast 2 more wins this season
- 3 returning RB’s plus the possibility of an additional home run hitter...Sargent really looks like he could go over a thousand next year!
- WR’s continue to grow...slowly but they Re showing growth...If Smith continues to improve then look out...excited for Tracy
- excited to see growth at LB...thankful for Hockaday’s hard work but I’m glad he’s graduating...I think Doyle and Benson will help along with are returners improving
- We lose Gervase but with Stone, Hooker, OJ, Hankins, and Brents give us a very solid foundation plus the possibility of some other young’ins stepping up
- next years D looks to be even nastier than this years
- excited to see year 3 of B Ferentz as OC - there were ups and downs this year but I’ve seen growth each year in the offense since he’s been OC

Question marks that could either contribute to a special season or another 3-5 loss season:
- Tight End roster and play at that position - this is huge
- OL play at G C G - can any of our young future tackles play Guard until Jackson and Wirfs move on?

What are your reasons for excitement?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News