ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU v. PSU

Keep crying Iowa, do you like being#2?
BWX.gif

Nice work troll!

Reactions: el dub
Hilarious that you need to come back with a juvenile response making fun of pain one of our wrestlers was suffering. Let alone deflecting to "oh yeah, well you have one too!" How childish.

Yeah Warner is boring, guess what, Hildebrandt is too.
Let me be absolutely clear — I’m not making fun of Warner. The guy clearly has an ailing knee, and from what I’ve seen has always been a class act. I don’t like his style of wrestling, but I’m not a D1 wrestler, either.

What I have some fun with is all the “Warnerov” hype of years past. It’s a fan rivalry thing. Kinda like how so many here banged on Gulibon endlessly for a #1 ranking by Flo that one time. Not his doing, and I doubt anyone had anything against the kid personally, but it was something for folks here to have a blast with. Only, in this case with Warnerov, it isn’t Flo that provided the entertainment.

I'm just glad we didn't land Rocky Jordan...there was mutual interest and Iowa ended up with Assad.

Reactions: Grip220
I prefer Mr. Dipshit, enjoyed kicking your a$$ last week in Carver...deep down, do ever wish Cael was your coach, honestly? 2nd place is pretty good.... I guess??
Cael was a miserable loser when he coached in Iowa. He bailed on ISU like a scared rabbit. Iowa owned him so he abandoned his alma mater.He had no success until he moved to a much more populated area with many built in recruiting advantages. Brands still owns a winning record against your golden boy in head to head duals.

If I am a psu fan I would be extremely concerned about when does Dean’s luck run out. Yes he is #2 in the country but he shows little to no offense against top 10 guys. He is extremely fortunate in his last 5 matches to be 4-1. Hildebrandt is another concern I would have close matches against low AA rd of 12 guys can come back to bite you. With that being said Tom Ryan what are you doing…. Hope there is a good reason why 2 of his big guns did not wrestle. I could watch Brooks wrestle all day long even though he wrestles for the evil empire I like his style.

If I am a psu fan I would be extremely concerned about when does Dean’s luck run out. Yes he is #2 in the country but he shows little to no offense against top 10 guys. He is extremely fortunate in his last 5 matches to be 4-1. Hildebrandt is another concern I would have close matches against low AA rd of 12 guys can come back to bite you. With that being said Tom Ryan what are you doing…. Hope there is a good reason why 2 of his big guns did not wrestle. I could watch Brooks wrestle all day long even though he wrestles for the evil empire I like his style.
Thanks for your concern but we’re not concerned about two men having excellent seasons.

Thanks for your concern but we’re not concerned about two men having excellent seasons.
Same could be said for Kaleb in our lineup and even a little bit of Murin as well. Just pointing out some concerns I would have if I were a psu fan. I complimented your best wrestler in my mind difference between me and you I guess.

Same could be said for Kaleb in our lineup and even a little bit of Murin as well. Just pointing out some concerns I would have if I were a psu fan. I complimented your best wrestler in my mind difference between me and you I guess.
The difference is I’m not on my board telling Iowa fans who to be concerned with on another team.

if you believe Young and Murin have the same upside as Dean and Drew..then, well, ok

The difference is I’m not on my board telling Iowa fans who to be concerned with.

if you believe Young and Murin have the same upside as Dean and Drew..then, well, ok
Maybe you should stay on your own board than. Just saying… I don’t go over there and even if I did I wouldn’t get bent out of shape over what I am sure are a lot worst post about our guys.

We all have our own team concerns, kinda what makes March the best time of the year for us fans. It’s the unknown , it’s wrestling, close matches in March will always determine champ . I personally love it

Let me be absolutely clear — I’m not making fun of Warner. The guy clearly has an ailing knee, and from what I’ve seen has always been a class act. I don’t like his style of wrestling, but I’m not a D1 wrestler, either.

What I have some fun with is all the “Warnerov” hype of years past. It’s a fan rivalry thing. Kinda like how so many here banged on Gulibon endlessly for a #1 ranking by Flo that one time. Not his doing, and I doubt anyone had anything against the kid personally, but it was something for folks here to have a blast with. Only, in this case with Warnerov, it isn’t Flo that provided the entertainment.
If you can’t tell the difference in Iowa fans bashing Iowa opponents on an Iowa board and you(the opponents) coming to an Iowa board to bash Iowa wrestlers that speaks more to your intellect than anything.

This is one of the dumbest comments I've seen here, and that's saying a lot. So a coach moves to the best wrestling state in the country to a decent wrestling school and does better than before. And then wins 9 ncaa titles , looking solid for ten in like what 14,15 years while Iowa wins 1?
What is your point?
Cael's won 8. And Iowa has won 4 (would have been 5) in the last 15 years.

If you can’t tell the difference in Iowa fans bashing Iowa opponents on an Iowa board and you(the opponents) coming to an Iowa board to bash Iowa wrestlers that speaks more to your intellect than anything.
I’m comfortable with my intellect, lol.
How’s yours with the concept of the ‘Rivals’ platform?

Wouldn’t it be something if Penn State had a messaged board where you could post? Then you wouldn’t be forced to read any of this stuff! Someone should talk to the Rivals network and have them adjust their wacky platform.

Last edited:
Over the years we've had regular Minnesota, ISU, and Oklahoma State posters here. Some even trashed us. But they were enjoyable because they could take a punch in return. These Penn State trolls aren't enjoyable. Most know nothing about wrestling and can't take the heat when they draw an in-kind response.

Back in the 1980s and 1990s, outside of Iowa, Penn State was my favorite athletic program in the country. My God, how they have sunk.

I love reeling in bullheads. Lots of good memories of those big fat ones at the 'Grade' in Spirit Lake. Just club 'em over the head before you handle them. Otherwise they can be a thorn in your hand.
Good flathead bait. Use # 10 circle hooks and let them run a while. They kill it with a chomp behind the thorns and turn them around to swallow the fish. Fun note, a flathead can taste it's prey before ingested. Get out there this summer after the water gets to 50 degrees. Some fish in the winter using a very large treble hook and snag them. Keep a knife handy.

I love reeling in bullheads. Lots of good memories of those big fat ones at the 'Grade' in Spirit Lake. Just club 'em over the head before you handle them. Otherwise they can be a thorn in your hand.
When we bought our farm it already had a small pond just loaded with 6-10” bullheads. Our grandpa used to sit on a bucket as we tossed them to him and he’d fillet them out and our grandma would fry us up fish sticks. She hated the smell of fried fish in the kitchen but she did because she knew how much grandpa and us loved them. We fished that pond completely clean of them in 2 years. Great memories!

When we bought our farm it already had a small pond just loaded with 6-10” bullheads. Our grandpa used to sit on a bucket as we tossed them to him and he’d fillet them out and our grandma would fry us up fish sticks. She hated the smell of fried fish in the kitchen but she did because she knew how much grandpa and us loved them. We fished that pond completely clean of them in 2 years. Great memories!
What's in the pond now?

Good flathead bait. Use # 10 circle hooks and let them run a while. They kill it with a chomp behind the thorns and turn them around to swallow the fish. Fun note, a flathead can taste it's prey before ingested. Get out there this summer after the water gets to 50 degrees. Some fish in the winter using a very large treble hook and snag them. Keep a knife handy.
They take away fishing licenses for snagging fish in Iowa, I believe.

That was a Russian friend’s favorite way of fishing at Saylorvill dam until getting his gear and license confiscated after a number of violations.

They take away fishing licenses for snagging fish in Iowa, I believe.

That was a Russian friend’s favorite way of fishing at Saylorvill dam until getting his gear and license confiscated after a number of violations.
Hence the knife...

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Cael's won 8. And Iowa has won 4 (would have been 5) in the last 15 years.
Thanks , I googled after I posted. Since he's been there I guess Iowa won 2, and most likely would have three?
I'm betting Sanderson would perform near as well at Iowa over the same time period as PSU. Maybe as well. Being in Pennsylvania is a huge advantage imo but my guess if he was at a historic top flight program like Iowa he's going to probably do about the same.
OSU maybe? Michigan, I'm not as confident. The OSU Cowboys maybe also.
I'll also guess if PSU had Brands they would've won at least a few since 2010.

Reactions: nikko57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT