ADVERTISEMENT

Touissant gives you

HawkNole09

HR MVP
Sep 20, 2009
Most importantly, a defender that can match up
Athletically at the point.

A point with solid vision and awareness. Really good anticipation on where he’s going to meet resistance, which leads to controlled drives and open shots.

Very good body control especially tracking a ball down at full speed on a half bounce and then cutting toward the basket. Or penetration through resistance and finishing at the weak side with a little spin off the glass.

He’s a year too late though, and I think Fran will
Pay for that. Seat will be pretty warm after this year

Reactions: Ihawkhoops

A point with solid vision and awareness. Really good anticipation on where he’s going to meet resistance, which leads to controlled drives and open shots.

Very good body control especially tracking a ball down at full speed on a half bounce and then cutting toward the basket. Or penetration through resistance and finishing at the weak side with a little spin off the glass.

Fran was just extended so his seat isn’t hot with his boys coming into the program and if he can sign some of these four and five star guys, who knows what will happen.

This is an excellent get for Fran & the gang. Love the fact that he likes to play defense and is considered very good at it!

Joe plays tough. He has good quickness. He dribbles & drives with both hands fluidly. Along with his crossover... He has good lateral movement. He can drive & kickout. His passing looks crisp.

He can take the shot with either hand. That is very key for a PG that can dribble drive.

Hopefully outside shot will improve, along with his FT percentage.... His outside shot looks decent, so I would wager both will improve.

Joe Toussaint - Just what the doctor ordered! Albeit a year late... Keep them coming Fran!

Last edited:
This is an excellent get for Fran & the gang. Love the fact that he likes to play defense and is considered very good at it!

Joe plays tough. He has good quickness. He dribbles & drives with both hands fluidly. Along with his crossover... He has good lateral movement. He can drive & kickout. His passing looks crisp.

He can take the shot with either hand. That is very key for a PG that can dribble drive.

Hopefully outside shot will improve, along with his FT percentage.... His outside shot looks decent, so I would wager both will improve.

Joe Toussaint - Just what the doctor ordered! Albeit a year late... Keep them coming Fran!
Watching all the video I can find on him. While I am certainly no expert I don’t really understand how Joe is not more highly rated. He is small but true point guards are pretty valuable in today’s game. If nothing else he will make Connor and Jordan better players. We already play fast and this guy will push the pace even more. I am really excited to have this brand new piece to the puzzle. Much like Aaron White, I predict by his jr year the rest of the league will be wondering how they missed him.

p can you shoot the ball if you can't he's no help

I don't expect him to get big minutes his first year, but consistently some time to learn. I hope he stays patient and is willing to listen to the coaches and his more experienced teammates. I especially want him to provide the on-ball defense that we have been lacking. He seems to have the quickness and aggressiveness to do it.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Anytime you land one of the top 25 players in a position, you’ve done well. And I doubt Fran is in the hot seat. With Weiskamp, Patrick, Garza and Conner, he’s got a solid base for the next few years. I’m not a glass half-full kind of a guy, not after 40-years of watching the Hawks and hoping that the “next year” will be different, but looking at the caliber of the players Fran is going after, I think (hope) that we will see the elevation of the program to a higher level in the next 3 to 4 years.

Watching all the video I can find on him. While I am certainly no expert I don’t really understand how Joe is not more highly rated. He is small but true point guards are pretty valuable in today’s game. If nothing else he will make Connor and Jordan better players. We already play fast and this guy will push the pace even more. I am really excited to have this brand new piece to the puzzle. Much like Aaron White, I predict by his jr year the rest of the league will be wondering how they missed him.

I like his Wichita offer....seems like WSU has had a better PG than Iowa has had for Fran's entire time at Iowa.

Don't agree, the seat won't be warm, especially with new contract. I'm expecting significant improvement this year from this team.

Reactions: CLARKCOURT
I think i wrote the same thing about Tre Dickerson. I am excited though.
Yeah, I thought Dickerson was going to be the real deal for the Hawks... (insert poop emoji) ... :)

I don’t see a player that is out of control half the time and he seems to be physically better put together...I don’t believe he is another Dickerson.

Next year (19/20) is the biggest one for Fran in my opinion. Regardless of this year there will be big expectations with what comes back as seniors.

Reactions: Bravehawk56
I don’t see a player that is out of control half the time and he seems to be physically better put together...I don’t believe he is another Dickerson.
He may be similar if he's been to 4-5 different schools in 5 years.;)

Reactions: unIowa
We had a lot of scouting on these last 3 PGs... The fact that PMac has played with Joe T is huge, IMHO. I think we have ourselves a player.

Fran and coach Francis have seen all three of these guys play and gotten to know them as people. They vett their players quite a bit. And that is beyond just basketball skills. They look at the individual as well. If they are not good people, they won't take them.

Joe was at the top of their list for several reasons. I am very happy that we have him... Joe T will be a great fit. I only wish we had him this year!!

Pat has already played with Joe in AAU too so if he weren’t very good, I’d like to think PM would have let his dad know before he accepted a commitment

We had a lot of scouting on these last 3 PGs... The fact that PMac has played with Joe T is huge, IMHO. I think we have ourselves a player.

Fran and coach Francis have seen all three of these guys play and gotten to know them as people. They vett their players quite a bit. And that is beyond just basketball skills. They look at the individual as well. If they are not good people, they won't take them.

Joe was at the top of their list for several reasons. I am very happy that we have him... Joe T will be a great fit. I only wish we had him this year!!

SIAP, but if anyone is curious about the kid's attitude, here's a quick interview from SNY. He cites his mom as a big influence, and seems dedicated to getting better. I think we're gonna love this guy.

Lots of positives (quickness, defense, toughness, ballhandling...) coming in. I also like that PMc has played with him, which should give us more confidence in JoeT, both on and off the court. If they are likely to room together, there must be a connection that should help keep him positive, if it takes a year or two to get big minutes.

I think he could be used a strategic substitute right away if teams get on a roll against us and our offense sputters. Could give a few minutes running the point with an emphasis on breaking down the opposing D and distributing the ball to scorers in position. Then harass the opposing PG and deny any penetration dribble into the lane when we get back in defense. Looks solid to me.

I think Fran will

Unless the bottom totally falls out (it won’t) Fran has at least until Patrick graduates.

Seat won’t be warm, outside of some fans thinking, if they have a less than awesome season.

Unless the bottom totally falls out (it won’t) Fran has at least until Patrick graduates.

Seat won’t be warm, outside of some fans thinking, if they have a less than awesome season.

There will need to be changes if we have a repeat of last year.

I don’t see a repeat of last year happening, Fran has been too good (not great) for that to happen IMO.

I agree, but if it happens again I could be convinced to move on.

Nah, I like Fran, I like his style of hoops. I will admit he got himself in a pickle with recent recruiting and thinking he could get away with trying to turn 4s into 3s and 3s into 2s.

The pick up of JT leads me to believe he has recalibrated and sees it won’t work.

Nah, I like Fran, I like his style of hoops. I will admit he got himself in a pickle with recent recruiting and thinking he could get away with trying to turn 4s into 3s and 3s into 2s.

The pick up of JT leads me to believe he has recalibrated and sees it won’t work.
The pick up of JW leads me to believe he won't need to look for a 3 anytime soon.:) Fran has played with mixing the 3-5 bodies since he arrived at Iowa, and according to many fans did turn a 2 into his PG (JBO). I have less problem with the guard assignments, but I do think we've been forward heavy and guard light too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT