ADVERTISEMENT

Tow No! The Ford F-150 Lightning Struggled in Our Towing Test

Recent history has shown that if you open up drilling and exploration that oil prices fall dramatically.

Drilling has been "open" for decades.

It's just that the shale-oil isn't as economical as the $0.25/gallon stuff the Saudis can pump out. It's why most US operations went under when the Saudis dropped oil to $50/bbl.

But, I'm sure you forgot all about that part.

Drilling has been "open" for decades.

It's just that the shale-oil isn't as economical as the $0.25/gallon stuff the Saudis can pump out. It's why most US operations went under when the Saudis dropped oil to $50/bbl.

But, I'm sure you forgot all about that part.
The drill baby crowd don’t do no economics. They just wanna do the libs, even at their own personal loss.

If you’re towing a 33-foot trailer regularly, you’ll want a 3/4 ton diesel.
It's going to take a while before EV's can provide comparable results for heavy duty work loads that diesel can do. However, the F-150 Lightning will do a fine job hauling around most work tools or your buddy's furniture he's moving for the 3rd time in 8 months.

It's going to take a while before EV's can provide comparable results for heavy duty work loads that diesel can do. However, the F-150 Lightning will do a fine job hauling around most work tools or your buddy's furniture he's moving for the 3rd time in 8 months.

And for at least the next several years that’s likely to remain the case.

The conversion to EVs imo is inevitable in the long run, but it won’t be quick and it won’t be on a straight line.

Reactions: BioHawk
Is that really that far off from gas trucks? A friend of mine has a Tundra what gets about 180 miles when towing his Airstream from Minnesota to Texas. The Google says it normally gets 422 miles per tank. I understand that’s anecdotal, but point stands— towing reduces efficiency.

People should buy cars based on their needs. If you’re roaming the country with a trailer an electric truck probably isn’t for you (yet). If you need a truck to drop off kids at school, throw some lumber or a deer in the back a few times a year, an electric truck may make more sense.

Last edited:
Is that really that far off from gas trucks? A friend of mine has a Tundra what gets about 180 miles when towing his Airstream from Minnesota to Texas. The Google says it normally gets 422 miles per tank. I understand that’s anecdotal, but point stands— towing reduces efficiency.

People should buy cars based on their needs. If you’re roaming the country with a trailer an electric truck probably isn’t for you (yet). If you need a truck to drop off kids at school, throw some lumber or a deer in the back a few times a year, an electric truck may make more sense.

It’s a fair point. The long term question is if EVs improve in the long run where it becomes cheaper/more convenient, etc than a gas truck.

An additional consideration is that you can buy trailers with boost battery packs to extend your EV range (considerably). Just like you can toss on an extra (large) gas can or two onto your ICE vehicle trailer to extend your range.

No it won't.
Absolutely will

Just like paying for solar panels on your house will pay for itself within 10 or so years. You'll pay an equivalent $0.20-per-gallon cost for your vehicle for as long as you have an EV. ROI there is probably under 5 years.

Absolutely will

Just like paying for solar panels on your house will pay for itself within 10 or so years. You'll pay an equivalent $0.20-per-gallon cost for your vehicle for as long as you have an EV. ROI there is probably under 5 years.
So in essence you have no idea what the cost is for the battery packs and trailer but yet having no clue about the cost you still alleged it's cheaper. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT