ADVERTISEMENT

Trail cams

ihhawk

HB Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
I’m wanting to get a trail cam for the Iowa property. What do you recommend?

I want the option to have the cell signal on it so I can get the videos and pictures on my phone.

LIFT0049.JPG

Tactacam Reveal series is the way to go from my experience. They are durable, have affordable plans, and offer different provider options to align with your cell plan. Their customer service is really good as well just in case you experience any issues. We run 3 of them and we've only had one small connectivity issue with one of them, and Tactacam replaced the camera immediately.

Tactacam Reveal series is the way to go from my experience. They are durable, have affordable plans, and offer different provider options to align with your cell plan. Their customer service is really good as well just in case you experience any issues. We run 3 of them and we've only had one small connectivity issue with one of them, and Tactacam replaced the camera immediately.
I was going to say Tactacam too. We have one that we use as a security device and has a cell plan on it. The others we choose not to use the cell cam option...I feel like that this provides too much advantage to the hunter. But the cams work very well and last multiple years...unlike other brands in our experience.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Checked with our youngest Son as he probably has at least a dozen around his place, and he has Tactacam Reveals. They've worked extremely well for him, although he did say he plans to sell those and get Spartans simply for better image quality. Depends on what you want, the Tactacam is at a much lower price point than the Spartans as well.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Checked with our youngest Son as he probably has at least a dozen around his place, and he has Tactacam Reveals. They've worked extremely well for him, although he did say he plans to sell those and get Spartans simply for better image quality. Depends on what you want, the Tactacam is at a much lower price point than the Spartans as well.
What does he pay for the cell service each month?

Not 100% sure, I'd have to ask but as I mentioned he has a plan (I think with AT&T) that covers a bunch of cameras. A dozen might be underestimating it.

I don't know how accurate it is, but trailcampro.com lists costs for plans for a variety of camera manufacturers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT