ADVERTISEMENT

Treasure Chest Of Baubles: Gold, Diamonds, Emeralds, Pearls

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Not necessarily things you would consider necessary to profess the word of god and jesus. Just think of all the christian things that could be done with the value those items hold. Oh wait, diddling the kids isn't consider christian either (or is it?) so why bother.

The Baltimore Sun reports:

Diamonds and emeralds, marble busts and oil paintings, sterling silver flatware and an ivory crucifix — these are just some of the things the Archdiocese of Baltimore possesses in its treasure chest of valuables. The items, including rings, precious gemstones, gold and silver chains, and antique furniture, were disclosed as part of the archdiocese’s most recent court filing in its ongoing Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Among the possessions: A cross made of gold set with 36 emeralds. A gold ring with an amethyst set in the center surrounded by 28 diamonds. A locket with a profile of St. Peter surrounded by 16 sapphires and eight pearls. The full list of collectibles spans 11 pages.
Baltimore Archbishop William E. Lori opted to have the church file for bankruptcy in late September ahead of a new law going into effect that removed the statute of limitations on lawsuits for people who’d been sexually abused as a child.

OP obviously got raped as a kid by a priest.

His hatred towards religion is on par with chis's hatred of Republicans.
Literally thousands of minors were raped and sexually assaulted by Catholic priests in this country alone. And the church hierarchy protected them for decades. Now that they face an accounting for this abuse, they declare bankruptcy and reveal they're sitting on a fortune. The Catholic Church has earned every bit of the hate directed their way.

Nope, my "hatred" as you put it is more current day. The efforts and extent that organized religion is working to have laws changed and enacted to prevent me from living my best life (according to me, not the mythical book) are what drive my posts.

If the priest would have been cute it might not have been unwilling... starting at about 15 years of age or so.

Lots of old people include the church in their wills, hard to say where all the donations have originated from, but they have been donated. Kind of like go fund me before it existed...
A true Christian and Christ-like church would sell the treasure and feed the hungry and house the homeless with the money. I doubt too many the wills tell them to keep them in the basement and don't use the value for good.

The RCC has to be the richest non-profit organization in the entire world. Just the value of the contents of the Vatican Museum alone would be a staggering amount.

The RCC has to be the richest non-profit organization in the entire world. Just the value of the contents of the Vatican Museum alone would be a staggering amount.
RCC is the largest child sex trafficking and sex abuse organization in the history of mankind, ainec.

• Wow
Reactions: Torg and NoleATL
  • Haha
Reactions: NoleATL
USA Today reported that as of June 2022, "It is estimated
that the Roman Catholic Church worldwide has paid over
$4 Billion dollars in clergy sexual abuse of children
settlements."

Bottom Line: This fact is something that cannot be erased
and demonstrates the gravity of immoral & depraved priests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT