ADVERTISEMENT

Trev prediction

woodsiding

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2012
Nebraska leaves the big 10, where they haven't had any success. Goes back to the big 12. Trev drops wrestling. Could this happen?

Not a big surprise as Trev was considered a possibility a couple years ago to take the AD job at his alma mater. I always wondered if a wrestler stole his high school girlfriend away from him. Manning should be nervous, not because they might drop the program but, might see a drop in support. Since they are both such jack wagons they might get along OK.

Nebraska would be insane financially to leave the B10. If they are in the B10 they will have wrestling.
They can't afford to leave the B1G.

It'll obviously continue to hurt their winning %, but they need the $$$ now, more than ever.

Reactions: millhawk
Not a big surprise as Trev was considered a possibility a couple years ago to take the AD job at his alma mater. I always wondered if a wrestler stole his high school girlfriend away from him. Manning should be nervous, not because they might drop the program but, might see a drop in support. Since they are both such jack wagons they might get along OK.
I thought about that too...either that or a wrestler beat his ass at some point. Read the article by Andy Hamilton about Trev’s relationship (lack thereof) with the UNO wrestling team and it kind of seems like it was personal. They won titles every year he was there and he never called to congratulate them. The year it was held in Omaha, he didn’t even show face to support them (IAW Coach Denny). While I think most things are just business and not personal, all of the above plus dropping the bomb on the same night they won a title makes one wonder.

He was born and raised in Cedar Falls. Any one of you a$$holes want to step forward and take credit for sticking it to his girlfriend back in the day?

I think the move is to the MAC. Automatically increase their football win totals to 10/season again. And put more delusional butts in the seats. Foolproof
Plus with Missouri leaving in wresting that opens the door for conference championships and inflated ncaa seeds.

I thought about that too...either that or a wrestler beat his ass at some point. Read the article by Andy Hamilton about Trev’s relationship (lack thereof) with the UNO wrestling team and it kind of seems like it was personal. They won titles every year he was there and he never called to congratulate them. The year it was held in Omaha, he didn’t even show face to support them (IAW Coach Denny). While I think most things are just business and not personal, all of the above plus dropping the bomb on the same night they won a title makes one wonder.

He was born and raised in Cedar Falls. Any one of you a$$holes want to step forward and take credit for sticking it to his girlfriend back in the day?

I did try tackling him in a high school football game where he put up over 300 yards on our team and he ripped my rotator cuff apart. Pretty sure that didn't set him off. We still pounded their team that night, he was a one man show.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Is it even possible for a member of the Big 10 to drop wrestling as I heard it is in the B1G bylaws that each institution must have wrestling.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
lol You realize wrestling is a non-revenue sport too, right?

Well damn. You should let us know which ones count and which ones don’t next time. Could have saved me a post.

You should not worry about me so much...that would save you some posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Inthecircle

And if any of you do want to take credit, I'll buy you beer. Trev is one of the worst ADs in collegiate history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT