ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble in Wisconsin?

Trying to get some intel from Chuckie's grandmother Katharine on where he is transferring to.
Sure to the highest bidder. Side note with Wisconsin losing all these guys I see Duke has 7 guys in the portal and only 2 remaining players from last years team combined with graduation and early entries to nba. Granted have a stacked incoming class coming in but as we’ve seen with UK the one and done teams may not be the answer come tourney time anymore.

Hate to see this happen to them with Storrs and Headburn leaving. What a shame.

Regarding Wisconsin, any people that make an old fashioned with brandy are a troubled people. Love the beer, ie Spotted Cow and all of their golf courses…Sand Valley, Erin Hills, and Whistling Straits as well as the cheese and brats. Throw in the Packers too but F the vadgers.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Evidently the administration put all their eggs in Gard's basket and gave the middle finger to the players. Seems odd since this is the second player revolt in the last few years in Madison.
Gard generally is about X and O’s only. Doesn’t have great people skills. Doesn’t get involved in his players or coaches lives. A coach doesn’t have to be your best friend. But they should at least know a bit about u.

I see that Storr just committed to Kansas today. That's two productive players that would have been counted on next season that are evidently fed up with Gard.
They’re chasing $$$. Nothing more than that. Can’t blame them. Neither are probably cashing nba checks anytime soon.

If you think that you're not good enough for the NBA, you might as well try to get as much money as you can before your college eligibility runs out.
This, plus Chucky’s wish to play with a former teammate, Frankie Fidler.

Essigian commits to Neb.
Mich gets OSU transfer Gayle..along with several others.
OSU bringing in a number of new guys also. Amazing

• Wow
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I doubt they play together.
OT: I know that Johnny Davis had a rough start to his career last year. Have you been following him this year? I haven't looked up his stats. I kind of feel that he has done better this year, but I've only seen him play a couple of times. Hope he's on track now.

Yes, in the sense that Greg is playing by the rules. No bags of cash being handed out in Madison.

Essigian commits to Neb.
Mich gets OSU transfer Gayle..along with several others.
OSU bringing in a number of new guys also. Amazing
Smart move by Essigian. Even with Chucky’s departure, he wasn’t going to see much playing time.

OT: I know that Johnny Davis had a rough start to his career last year. Have you been following him this year? I haven't looked up his stats. I kind of feel that he has done better this year, but I've only seen him play a couple of times. Hope he's on track now.
I don’t pay any attention to the NBA. Haven’t since the 90’s. So I can’t help ya there. He absolutely had to leave when he didn’t but was always going to be an uphill climb for him there.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Yes, in the sense that Greg is playing by the rules. No bags of cash being handed out in Madison.
You sure 'bout that?

WOTS is that the Wisconsin NIL collective offered ~$200,000 NIL package to Chucky to retain him, but Louisville's package was closer to ~$700,000.

You've got to be a desperate program if you're offering a career 10/3/3 guard that kind of money. Way overvalued IMO.

You sure 'bout that?

WOTS is that the Wisconsin NIL collective offered ~$200,000 NIL package to Chucky to retain him, but Louisville's package was closer to ~$700,000.

You've got to be a desperate program if you're offering a career 10/3/3 guard that kind of money. Way overvalued IMO.
I would love to have Chucky in a Hawk uniform, but the SWARM would need to have extremely deep pockets to justify paying him $700k.

I would love to have Chucky in a Hawk uniform, but the SWARM would need to have extremely deep pockets to justify paying him $700k.
I’ll take my chances with the guys who want to be here, not the ones persuaded by ridiculous cash offers. 10/3/3 career averages won’t start at most P5 schools. Also I deduct value from Chucky for his ridiculous hairdo.

You sure 'bout that?

Bags of cash up front is what he’s talking about. They offered him a $300,000 raise for the next season. He kept shopping.

I’ll take my chances with the guys who want to be here, not the ones persuaded by ridiculous cash offers. 10/3/3 career averages won’t start at most P5 schools. Also I deduct value from Chucky for his ridiculous hairdo.
I'm OK with the hair as long as he can play. C'mon, you would have loved it if Fran had signed Tyger Campell.

Last edited:

He has one of the best fro's in the game, wish I could rock something like that. Instead I'm just another balding white guy.

Reactions: chaneccooms
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT