ADVERTISEMENT

Trump’s favorability slips among Iowa Republicans

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The percentage of Republicans in Iowa who view former president Donald Trump favorably has declined from a previous high during the past year and a half, a new poll out of the traditionally first presidential nominating state finds.
The Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll shows that 80 percent of Iowa Republicans currently view Trump favorably, down from 91 percent in September 2021.
Trump’s lower favorability number put him about on par with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), who is making his first trip to Iowa Friday as he prepares for an expected White House bid, the poll conducted by Selzer & Co. of Des Moines finds.
Trump still fares substantially better on the measure than former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley, another declared candidate, and former vice president Mike Pence, who is considering entering the race.
There has also been a decline in the percentage of Republicans who say they would “definitely” vote for Trump if he is the GOP nominee — from 69 percent in September 2021 to 47 percent in the new poll.

I accepted a long time ago that the republican party is filled with a lot of self serving sociopaths but a 91 pct Trump favorable rating just 8 months after 1/6 still amazes me, as does the 80 pct now. So many walking, talking pieces of shit in that party. I'm still ashamed I was one of them 25 years ago

I'd like to know what finally tipped the scales for the 11% that are just now deciding that they don't view him favorably.

Was there something in the news recently that I missed that would be a deal breaker for somebody who was fine with all of the other shit we've seen out of Trump over the last 30ish years?

Interesting, you guys seem surprised,.. I take it that you are normally in agreement with Republicans on a majority of topics?
Not surprised. But still disgusted. It's like watching a kid eat boogers. You know it's coming but you still think, wtf?

Reactions: Rifler
I have been gasterflabbed that anyone could look at/listen to this man and think, yeah thats my guy. trump has spent the last 7 + yrs. showing the world how mind bogglingly stupid he is and a majority of the GQP still support him. sure biden has a gaffe here and there but I would match his intellect against trumps any day of the week and twice on sunday. I spent 4 yrs. thinking one day i'd wake up to find that the orange one called someone a poopie butt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT