"the economy would crash"
"crime would soar"
"Christmas would be cancelled"
"America as we know it will be finished"
"stock market will crash"
"depression of the likes you have never seen"
"Our country will collapse"
"auto industry will be eradicated within 2 to 3 years"
"no kids in school, no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, no 4th of July"
"Christmas season will be cancelled"
"police departments across the U.S. will be defunded"
"immediate release of 400,000 criminals onto the streets"
"suburbs will be demolished"
"your guns will be confiscated"
"religion will be gone"
"your oil will be gone"
"China will own the United States"
"there will be no border"
"Trump would have to leave the country" (too bad this one didn't happen)

And, so on... He's saying the same about Kamala... Same old tired story. He has nothing but fear to sell. Unwarranted fear.

I love the Christmas stuff. . . I just think it's funny.

Joe Biden be like:

bf0c7c7b360a899967da54f55ed730c4.gif

200w.gif

If absurd - completely detached from reality - statements were a deal breaker, Trump would never have won the Republican nomination back in 2016. They are either accepted as true by the true believers, or just discounted as the 'way he talks' or whatever rationalization.

If Biden is elected:

"crime would soar"
"no kids in school, no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, no 4th of July"
"religion will be gone"
"your oil will be gone"

And, so on... He's saying the same about Kamala... Same old tired story. He has nothing but fear to sell. Unwarranted fear.

MAGA, this is how you know your leader believes he is pandering to idiots,

If Biden is elected:

"crime would soar"
"religion will be gone"
"your oil will be gone"

You forgot post birth abortions and kids forced to be trans.
Side note, just who is going to take my oil?

Reactions: NoleATL and MitchLL
Once Trump goes off the teleprompter, it's just a montage of made up shit depending on how the crowd reacts.
It's why he repeats almost everything two and three times.
If he gets a cheer, rinse and repeat.

So detached from reality and bordering on pure gibberish.
And MAGA eats it up.

If Biden is elected:

"crime would soar"
"religion will be gone"
"your oil will be gone"

But the low intellect dimwads of HBOT will believe it and post it often.

Reactions: IACub and Torg
If Biden is elected:

"crime would soar"
"religion will be gone"
"your oil will be gone"

All stupid, but none of those are as stupid as "the end of democracy".

Reactions: hexumhawk
All stupid, but none of those are as stupid as "the end of democracy".
Obviously you haven't heard many of the things Turd has proposed.
And if you have and simply don't believe he'll act on them, then you're being naive.
His entire 2nd term will be revenge against those that disagree with him.

Obviously you haven't heard many of the things Turd has proposed.
And if you have and simply don't believe he'll act on them, then you're being naive.
His entire 2nd term will be revenge against those that disagree with him.
Great. Not the end of democracy. That's not happening. Not in our lifetime.

How about "weaken"?

Would you agree with that?
He couldn't get a wall built. I don't know what magical powers he's gonna use to destroy our democracy.

You could also soften up a lot of those predictions in the OP and make them more acceptable. The prediction has been that he will be the "end of democracy" or an "existential threat". A lot of that same hyperbolic nonsense was spewed in 2012 by the left about Mitt Romney as well.

Reactions: MitchLL
He couldn't get a wall built. I don't know what magical powers he's gonna use to destroy our democracy.

You could also soften up a lot of those predictions in the OP and make them more acceptable. The prediction has been that he will be the "end of democracy" or an "existential threat". A lot of that same hyperbolic nonsense was spewed in 2012 by the left about Mitt Romney as well.

I agree a simple "End of democracy" is hyperbole. But it seems like you're either deliberately ignoring or are actually ignorant of the basis of the 'end of democracy' concerns. Do you not remember or never became aware of the efforts that Trump made to steal the election in 2020?

The concern isn't that democracy just disappears, the concern is that our version of democracy - the one where the winner of the election - becomes president, would be over.

I am ignorant of whatever hyperbolic nonsense was spewed in 2012, but I know that in 2020, we were on the brink. Thankfully, there were election officials in Georgia that had sufficient integrity, same for Mike Pence, and thankfully Trump's efforts were also hampered but his and his team's incompetence. These circumstances may not continue, just look at what's going on with Georgia election administration/board right now.

No magic needed, just enough craven, true believers in the right positions. And the worst part is, a significant portion of the country wouldn't even see it as a travesty, it would be justified.

I agree a simple "End of democracy" is hyperbole. But it seems like you're either deliberately ignoring or are actually ignorant of the basis of the 'end of democracy' concerns. Do you not remember or never became aware of the efforts that Trump made to steal the election in 2020?

The concern isn't that democracy just disappears, the concern is that our version of democracy - the one where the winner of the election - becomes president, would be over.

I am ignorant of whatever hyperbolic nonsense was spewed in 2012, but I know that in 2020, we were on the brink. Thankfully, there were election officials in Georgia that had sufficient integrity, same for Mike Pence, and thankfully Trump's efforts were also hampered but his and his team's incompetence. These circumstances may not continue, just look at what's going on with Georgia election administration/board right now.

No magic needed, just enough craven, true believers in the right positions. And the worst part is, a significant portion of the country wouldn't even see it as a travesty, it would be justified.
I remember a lot of Generals saying there was no chance of Trump staying in power. I also think there's a good chance his nonsense strengthens our democracy by waking us up to dumb shit like he and his idiot minions try to pull and forcing us to put in safeguards to prevent that shit.

I remember a lot of Generals saying there was no chance of Trump staying in power. I also think there's a good chance his nonsense strengthens our democracy by waking us up to dumb shit like he and his idiot minions try to pull and forcing us to put in safeguards to prevent that shit.

I wish I shared the same conviction as the generals. I also wish I shared your same hope for 'our democracy', I would have thought we'd have woken up from his nonsense back in 2020, but he's still got an iron grip on the GOP. I wish we had implemented safeguards, but unfortunately the only states that would be willing to do so, weren't at risk of going rogue in the first place. Unfortunately, states like Georgia, have gone the other direction with their election admin, they've been filled with MAGA loyalists. Even GOP leaders are like wtf?

The bad news is that the election appears to be so close, it could only take one state like Georgia to pull some shenanigans and it flips the whole result. I'd rather have Trump just win legitimately than see the aftermath of something like that.

I get why people roll their eyes about the "end of democracy" but I don't think they should be nearly so flippant. The conditions may be ripe for a 'end of our version of democracy' and it could be ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT