ADVERTISEMENT

Trump boat parade scheduled Saturday in Muscatine

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
Utterly deplorable:

A boat parade in 2020 to support then President Donald J. Trump’s bid for reelection drew 118 boats and hundreds of spectators to the Muscatine riverfront.

Now organizers hope the second Muscatine Trump Boat parade will bring support for Trump, who is seeking election to the presidency again. Organizer Ken Purdy announced the second boat parade will be held Saturday at 1:30 p.m. All Trump boaters are encouraged to bring their boat and join the parade and non-boaters be on the Muscatine Riverfront to watch and cheer on the parade. Boaters are encouraged to display Trump flags, American flags and anything positive along with noise makers.

The Muscatine Trump 2020 Boat Parade on Sept. 5 at the Muscatine riverfront on the Mississippi River far exceeded the organizers expectations. The group had pre-estimated having 50 boats in the parade. The official count was 118 boats. With an estimated average of 4+ people per boat then there were 500 people in the parade. On shore the estimate was 300 standing and 200 in the parked cars along the river front.
FILE

Boats will congregate on Bass Island beach 6 miles south of Muscatine by 1 p.m. At 1 p.m. the boats will leave Bass Island and move upriver to the first bend in the river south of Muscatine and meet up with any boats coming from the north at 1:25 p.m. At 1:25 p.m. the parade will start and move upriver to be at the Muscatine riverfront at 1:30 p.m.

In 2020, the Muscatine event started as a campfire chat by the Port Louisa Trumpers, a group of cabin owners at Port Louisa. The event was organized to show support for Trump by area marine enthusiasts. At the time, the event was held in league with other boat parades throughout the country.

If any questions call or text Ken Purdy 319-212-0188 or email kenpurdy@gmail.com.

Be a real shame if a perfect storm hit the ole mississippi…

V1YEbg.gif

Amazing how, when a country is in the worst shape it’s ever been, how people can afford boats and gas for their boats….along with all the clothing and flags and other barf….
It is amazing how Herr Trump and his cult members claim Biden ruined our country. But everywhere in my area people are driving high end cars or big trucks/SUV's. Reservations are usually needed for high end restaurants and tourists are everywhere. I'm starting to think Republicans are just crybabies.

It is amazing how Herr Trump and his cult members claim Biden ruined our country. But everywhere in my area people are driving high end cars or big trucks/SUV's. Reservations are usually needed for high end restaurants and tourists are everywhere. I'm starting to REALIZE ALL Republicans are just BITCH BABIES
FIFY

Will be interesting.

Very apocryphal obviously, but our lake house is in what I call the "redneck riviera" of west-central Illinois - very much MAGAland - and the number of Trump flags on homes, farms and boats was much, much higher in 2020 than 2024. I've only seen one jackass with the giant Trump flag on his boat this year - compared to like a dozen in 2020.

I'd be shocked if this parade gets half the attendance the one in 2020 in Muscatine did.

Will be interesting.

Very apocryphal obviously, but our lake house is in what I call the "redneck riviera" of west-central Illinois - very much MAGAland - and the number of Trump flags on homes, farms and boats was much, much higher in 2020 than 2024. I've only seen one jackass with the giant Trump flag on his boat this year - compared to like a dozen in 2020.

I'd be shocked if this parade gets half the attendance the one in 2020 in Muscatine did.

I've noticed much the same in central Florida. Nowhere near the number of homes flying trump flags or banners, and when boating either at our lake place or on the rivers that drain into the gulf north of Tampa, I'm seeing very few boats flying flags. Four years ago they were everywhere, with most of them flying multiple flags.
I still expect him to easily win florida, but expect it to be closer than last time.

It is amazing how Herr Trump and his cult members claim Biden ruined our country. But everywhere in my area people are driving high end cars or big trucks/SUV's. Reservations are usually needed for high end restaurants and tourists are everywhere. I'm starting to think Republicans are just crybabies.
You might just be rich living in a rich area.

Amazing how, when a country is in the worst shape it’s ever been, how people can afford boats and gas for their boats….along with all the clothing and flags and other barf….

I am not condoning this video, just posting it as your reply here just made me think of it is all....that's it...

(I did like the "boats are for winners" line....I thought that was funny)

Last edited:
I am not condoning this video, just posting it as your reply here just made me think of it is all....that's it...

(I did like the "boats are for winners" line....I thought that was funny)

Boating / boat ownership and being "lake people" would be one of my personal hells. Awful.

Don't tell your god @BrianNole777 in case he's setting things up for my afterlife. Talk about eternal damnation.

Will be interesting.

For work I drive through Northern WI pretty frequently. A lot less political signs in general, & instead of 95% support I'd say it's more 70-30 split for Trump. I know of 3 giant billboards on highways w Trump & Epstein with the caption "never forget." If Trump doesn't win rural WI with high turnout & 75-80% support he isn't winning the state.

Boating / boat ownership and being "lake people" would be one of my personal hells. Awful.

Don't tell your god @BrianNole777 in case he's setting things up for my afterlife. Talk about eternal damnation.

Recently my wife came across a show about selling real estate in Lake of the Ozarks. Being from Maine, the only think she knew about the Ozarks is what she learned from Jason Bateman. I told her expect to see lots of white trash. I said even the rich people were going to be trash - multimillionaire hillbillies.

The show is everything you would expect it to be.

And, btw, her family has a lake house in Maine. Absolutely gorgeous area, beautiful lake with a background of mountains. But her family lake house is trash, as are all of the other million dollar properties in the area. I had noticed this decades ago - beautiful lake areas are almost always trash; because for some reason they attract trash.

Other than the annoying aspect of dropping tons of money on something that wants to break all the time, curious what you have against lakes and boating.

Honestly, lake time is my favorite time!

IMG-2128.jpg

IMG-2607.jpg

Recently my wife came across a show about selling real estate in Lake of the Ozarks. Being from Maine, the only think she knew about the Ozarks is what she learned from Jason Bateman. I told her expect to see lots of white trash. I said even the rich people were going to be trash - multimillionaire hillbillies.

And, btw, her family has a lake house in Maine. Absolutely gorgeous area, beautiful lake with a background of mountains. But her family lake house is trash, as are all of the other million dollar properties in the area. I had noticed this decades ago - beautiful lake areas are almost always trash; because for some reason they attract trash.
Huh,

Having grown up in Wisconsin with my relatives in Minnesota having a lake place near Brainerd, my experience is universally the opposite.

Many, many, many regular Joes and Janes from all walks of life have a lake cottage and the vast majority are nice, chill, classy people.

Other than the annoying aspect of dropping tons of money on something that wants to break all the time, curious what you have against lakes and boating.

Honestly, lake time is my favorite time!

IMG-2128.jpg

IMG-2607.jpg

I don't like fishing. I don't like water sports (ski, wakeboard, tube, etc.). I don't like swimming. I don't like just sitting around doing nothing in the heat / the sun. A freaking Jeep is more reliable than any watercraft. I don't find the waves / sounds that lake people jizz about nearly as soothing as they do. Lake cops are more annoying than traffic cops. A freaking Jeep is more reliable than any watercraft. The maintenance on the boat, the dock, the lift, etc., etc.

Not my thing.

Utterly deplorable:

A boat parade in 2020 to support then President Donald J. Trump’s bid for reelection drew 118 boats and hundreds of spectators to the Muscatine riverfront.

Now organizers hope the second Muscatine Trump Boat parade will bring support for Trump, who is seeking election to the presidency again. Organizer Ken Purdy announced the second boat parade will be held Saturday at 1:30 p.m. All Trump boaters are encouraged to bring their boat and join the parade and non-boaters be on the Muscatine Riverfront to watch and cheer on the parade. Boaters are encouraged to display Trump flags, American flags and anything positive along with noise makers.

The Muscatine Trump 2020 Boat Parade on Sept. 5 at the Muscatine riverfront on the Mississippi River far exceeded the organizers expectations. The group had pre-estimated having 50 boats in the parade. The official count was 118 boats. With an estimated average of 4+ people per boat then there were 500 people in the parade. On shore the estimate was 300 standing and 200 in the parked cars along the river front.
FILE

Boats will congregate on Bass Island beach 6 miles south of Muscatine by 1 p.m. At 1 p.m. the boats will leave Bass Island and move upriver to the first bend in the river south of Muscatine and meet up with any boats coming from the north at 1:25 p.m. At 1:25 p.m. the parade will start and move upriver to be at the Muscatine riverfront at 1:30 p.m.

In 2020, the Muscatine event started as a campfire chat by the Port Louisa Trumpers, a group of cabin owners at Port Louisa. The event was organized to show support for Trump by area marine enthusiasts. At the time, the event was held in league with other boat parades throughout the country.

If any questions call or text Ken Purdy 319-212-0188 or email kenpurdy@gmail.com.

Its times like this that makes me real ashamed to say I live here.

And scheduling it during the Iowa game.

Is it wrong to hope something like this happens on Saturday afternoon?

boatfail-boat.gif

I don't like fishing. I don't like water sports (ski, wakeboard, tube, etc.). I don't like swimming. I don't like just sitting around doing nothing in the heat / the sun. A freaking Jeep is more reliable than any watercraft. I don't find the waves / sounds that lake people jizz about nearly as soothing as they do. Lake cops are more annoying than traffic cops. A freaking Jeep is more reliable than any watercraft. The maintenance on the boat, the dock, the lift, etc., etc.

Not my thing.
Interesting.

Most humans have a natural affinity/draw to water in my experience.

Maybe you’re an alien 😉

I visit the Lake of the Ozarks every so often in the Osage Beach area. In 2016 and 2020 there were Trump signs and flags everywhere. My most recent trip in June, I don't think I saw any. Going there next month and we'll see.

The show is fabulous. But it's not like the area around Osage Beach. Can 't speak for the rest of the Lake area.

I found out yesterday that a guy who retired from my office spent about $19,000 for a boat and a trailer back in April. He wants to sell it already and is disappointed that he's received no offers on it at $10,000 sale price.

He may have to cancel his retirement and come back and work for me if he keeps this up.

And I hate to break it to the Trump boaters, but once you put the boat away you’re still in Muscatine.

Last edited:
Its times like this that makes me real ashamed to say I live here.

And scheduling it during the Iowa game.

Is it wrong to hope something like this happens on Saturday afternoon?

boatfail-boat.gif
Northern?
Biggie?
Ryan?
Speedway?
Hitman?
All of those super big Hawkeye fans will be there.

Reactions: mattymoknows
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT