ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Claims Credit for Record High Stock Market Under Biden

Well, the market is crap right now. My 401K and other investments have been nose-diving the past few weeks. Which, I guess, is to be expected in an election year. Still sucks watching the dive, though.
Just fyi, there’s no historical correlation between election years and market returns. But the fourth year of a presidential term is historically the second best of the four, which so far is the case with this one.

Just fyi, there’s no historical correlation between election years and market returns.
I did not know that. Is it like an urban legend and we all just roll with it (because it makes logical sense). Just wondering where that notion originated.

I did not know that. Is it like an urban legend and we all just roll with it (because it makes logical sense). Just wondering where that notion originated.
I think people just want to have a reason why the market does what it does. All I know is literally every client we’ve met with since November has been convinced the market will either skyrocket or crash because of the election. It could be a factor at times but it’s largely insignificant compared to typical market forces.

No defending Trump on this one. He is somewhat complicit though, because the increase in federal deficit spending caused an increase in the money supply, and money has to flow somewhere. Trump was lucky that he got an inflated stock market. Biden got consumer inflation and an inflated stock market. There's a reason for both.

I'm sure that he'd take credit for the sun coming up, if someone put the idea in his head. And sharky, as well as all the other dupes on here, would believe him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT