ADVERTISEMENT

Trump gets his SC Stay for now

As someone who took courses at Harvard let me add that there's nothing particularly impressive about it.
So internet spam troll with no distinctive identity other than internet spam troll has taken courses at Harvard. OK. You bet.

Any of your alt handles have actual Ivy League degrees? Paired with your posting content and style, that will really impress people here.

Last edited:
This is a really stupid question by the X poster. SCOTUS always prefers the lower courts act first. That doesn't mean they never grant cert first, but it's always their preference to use the normal process.

I'm actually surprised they granted cert this time.
To be clear, I am too, but I do have the sense that when matters relate to elections (eg, 2020, redistricting cases) they tend to be a little more calendar sensitive.

The president is not immune from committing crimes.
Precisely, that was sort of the whole point of 1776. While we certainly have retained the concept of sovereign immunity in various degrees, the sovereign is not the person holding the office, it is the government as a whole.

Precisely, that was sort of the whole point of 1776. While we certainly have retained the concept of sovereign immunity in various degrees, the sovereign is not the person holding the office, it is the government as a whole.
Pardoning Nixon was a poor decision, in retrospect. He should have gone to jail, like anyone else, for his crimes.

With that precedent in place, we would not have an army of idiots trying to claim otherwise.

The president is not immune from committing crimes.
I'm sure you think you said something profound here but you haven't.

That isn't the question at hand before the court. It is where is the line on immunity and the prosecution of crimes.

What has happened here is a great example of political prosecution. Trump or any president should not be immune from prosecution on an absolute sense. At tye same time there is a line somewhere yet ti be determined on what constitutes a case that should be brought and one that shouldn't. Otherwise you see thing like a traffic court judge in Illinois attempting to keep a presidential candidate off the ballot. Weird stuff.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Pardoning Nixon was a poor decision, in retrospect. He should have gone to jail, like anyone else, for his crimes.

With that precedent in place, we would not have an army of idiots trying to claim otherwise.
Nixon would have won that case. I doubt you actually know the details of it at all.

He did the right thing to resign and it was the correct thing to grant him immunity from prosecution.

That situation though should put an end to much of the conversation on immunity. People most certainly believed he could be prosecuted for his acts in office which is why he was granted immunity.

The Supreme Court needs to decide where the line is on immunity vs election interference or interference with a duly elected president doing their job

That isn't the question at hand before the court. It is where is the line on immunity and the prosecution of crimes.
There IS no such thing as "Presidential immunity" in the commission of actual crimes. There is no 'line' issue.

This was outlined with abject clarity by the lower court. You'd be wise to go read their unanimous opinion on the matter, or a good legal summary of them.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

On that front, I disagree.

Lol it's expected you wouldn't get it. I'll type slowly so you can hopefully follow along.

If Trump has immunity that means Biden does as well. If Trump wins the upcoming election the poster is saying that since Biden would be immune from any consequences so he should just overturn the results and stay in power... since it's legal for him and all to do it.

That's why this is asinine. And we all know it's just a delay tactic and the SC knows it and they are allowing it because it's what the want. It's abhorrent.
It's not that I didn't get it, it's that it's stupid. Let's continue with your little game of stupid. Let's charge Trump, then let's charge Obama for murder for drone strikes on US citizens. Then let's charge Biden for all the crimes of illegals because he let them in. Then we can move to judges where when they let out people with no bail and they commit murder/crimes, we'll charge them as well. Let's hit Congress next and get rid of their immunity. Shall we go on? Two can play the libtard games.

If SC gets rid of the absolutely retarded invalid use of the Enron statute then what do you idiots who believe Trump "incited an insurrection" going to have left to charge him with? You people know this is lawfare, but you don't care because it's Trump. It's sick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT