ADVERTISEMENT

Trump sues ABC News and George Stephanopoulos for defamation

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Former President Trump is suing TV journalist George Stephanopoulos and ABC News for defamation for saying he raped advice columnist E. Jean Carroll.

On a March 10 edition of "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," the anchor said Trump was "liable for rape" during his interview with Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.). Stephanopoulos was pressing Mace, a rape victim herself, on how she could rationalize supporting Trump's 2024 presidential candidacy.

Trump's lawsuit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Miami, said the jury in the Carroll case found him liable for sexual abuse — not rape — and that Stephanopoulos defamed the presumptive Republican presidential nominee by using the term.

Trump's suit is asking for unspecified damages.

ABC News has not issued a comment on the matter.

The tense "This Week" interview was widely shared on social media. Mace took umbrage at Stephanopoulos' question, claiming he was "rape-shaming" her by bringing up her own experience as a victim, which she has publicly discussed.

Trump has previously sued media outlets, including the New York Times and CNN, with no success.

I bet it's for some random amount, like 464 million dollars
No Way What GIF by Rosanna Pansino

They misspoke severely and likely will have to settle before this goes to court
I would be shocked if that happens. Their lawyers are savvy enough to know that Trump doesn’t want to spend months saying he sexually assaulted someone.

Trump will use this to play the victim and say a few times he was falsely accused of rape. Then he will try to quietly drop the charges.

I would be shocked if that happens. Their lawyers are savvy enough to know that Trump doesn’t want to spend months saying he sexually assaulted someone.

Trump will use this to play the victim and say a few times he was falsely accused of rape. Then he will try to quietly drop the charges.
And then not pay his attorneys.

So, Trump wants to waste money and spend the next 6 months saying, “I’m guilty of sexual assault, not rape.”

Sounds good to me.
Yeah, it seems ill-advised to spend the months leading up to the election arguing loudly and publicly that he sexually assaulted her, but didn't rape her, and then getting old-man confused/angry when asked what the specific differences are. Hopefully it's all televised so all his donors can see where their money is going.

Former President Trump is suing TV journalist George Stephanopoulos and ABC News for defamation for saying he raped advice columnist E. Jean Carroll.

On a March 10 edition of "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," the anchor said Trump was "liable for rape" during his interview with Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.). Stephanopoulos was pressing Mace, a rape victim herself, on how she could rationalize supporting Trump's 2024 presidential candidacy.

Trump's lawsuit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Miami, said the jury in the Carroll case found him liable for sexual abuse — not rape — and that Stephanopoulos defamed the presumptive Republican presidential nominee by using the term.

Trump's suit is asking for unspecified damages.

ABC News has not issued a comment on the matter.

The tense "This Week" interview was widely shared on social media. Mace took umbrage at Stephanopoulos' question, claiming he was "rape-shaming" her by bringing up her own experience as a victim, which she has publicly discussed.

Trump has previously sued media outlets, including the New York Times and CNN, with no success.
😆

I believe Trump's suckers just had to pay the legal fees for the NYTimes on one of these suits, right? Didn't he have to pay Hillary Clinton's lawyers on one of these bogus suits, too?
Morons chipping in $20 every time they get a text or email from Trump are paying for this lawsuit. It validates their anger and grievances. As a Dem I like these suits. Every $20 given for these suits is $20 that doesn't go to a down ballot race in November.

So, Trump wants to waste money and spend the next 6 months saying, “I’m guilty of sexual assault, not rape.”

Sounds good to me.
Exactly. This will cause him more harm than good. Wait until they start defining the difference between rape and sexual assault, whereby rape in NY is only when the penis is inserted, versus inserting his fingers. Not a good look for the away team.

The Republican nominee for president is suing over the distinction between rape and sexual assault. But Biden is old, so..
The insanity of the times we live in. Would love to get in a time machine and go back to 1998 and throw this in the face of those Republicans sanctimoniously blathering about Clinton and "how do you talk to the kids about the Monica thing blah blah blah".

Yeah, Bill and Monica. Well your NOMINEE in 2024 will not just be under indictment on 91 separate felony counts, but will ALSO be suing a major news network because they referred to his attack on a woman as "rape" rather than "sexual assault".

Hell, go back ten years to 2014 and try to get anyone to believe this crap.

I'm starting to think I live in a simulation, this can't be reality. The Matrix is real. And the coding is all effed up.

I believe Trump's suckers just had to pay the legal fees for the NYTimes on one of these suits, right? Didn't he have to pay Hillary Clinton's lawyers on one of these bogus suits, too?
Morons chipping in $20 every time they get a text or email from Trump are paying for this lawsuit. It validates their anger and grievances. As a Dem I like these suits. Every $20 given for these suits is $20 that doesn't go to a down ballot race in November.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...ing-frivolous-lawsuit-against-hillary-clinton

Trump and attorneys ordered to pay almost $1M.

After this order, Trump dismissed a similar suit against Letitia James.

The Republican nominee for president is suing over the distinction between rape and sexual assault. But Biden is old, so..
It's the Democrats' fault. If they would have just stopped talking about Trump the last couple years, he would have went away. But now here we are, he's suing about the distinction between rape and sexual assault and it's the goddamn Dems that are the reason for it. Friggin Dems. Both sides are just equally bad, honestly. Both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT