ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley to exit Republican presidential race

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Nikki Haley has reportedly ended her long-shot Republican presidential primary bid after losing 14 of the 15 "Super Tuesday" contests to Donald Trump.

The former South Carolina governor, who became Trump's United Nations ambassador and the first prominent woman of color to seek the Republican nomination for president, is due to deliver remarks near her South Carolina home at 10am ET on Wednesday.

The suspension of her campaign was first reported by the Wall Street Journal, quoting people familiar with her plans.

Haley has endured a long string of losses, which began with Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and her home state of South Carolina. On Tuesday, when voters in 15 states cast ballots in contests known as Super Tuesday, Haley lost every state apart from Vermont. She had previously only won in
Washington DC.

Among Trump's prominent primary rivals, Haley was the last candidate left standing, so her withdrawal ensures that Trump will capture the Republican nomination.

The WSJ reported that Haley won't announce an endorsement on Wednesday, but will encourage Trump to earn the support of Republican and independent voters who backed her.

The move leaves Trump clear to claim the Republican nomination for a third election running – even though he faces 91 criminal charges, attempts to remove him from the ballot for inciting an insurrection, and civil court rulings requiring him to pay more than $400m over allegations of financial fraud and defamation.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
And here we go. Man I wish both parties could have different candidates and even a third party candidate would be great.
Kennedy is still in the running.

Knew hailey's departure was imminent after that 9 to 0 scotus ruling. She was hoping he'd be pulled off the ballot and she'd inherit the nomination being the last one standing. Wonder if dems will continue voting "no commitment" over joe since they can no longer vote for Nikki in the remaining republican primaries.

Kennedy is still in the running.

Knew hailey's departure was imminent after that 9 to 0 scotus ruling. She was hoping he'd be pulled off the ballot and she'd inherit the nomination being the last one standing. Wonder if dems will continue voting "no commitment" over joe since they can no longer vote for Nikki in the remaining republican primaries.
Yes, it’ll be interesting how many Dems were voting in Republican primaries and now switch back to Democrat. How many voting no commitment will still vote Dem. And how many from those groups combined will stay home in protest of both parties. It’ll be very interesting what the turnout will be.

Yes, it’ll be interesting how many Dems were voting in Republican primaries and now switch back to Democrat. How many voting no commitment will still vote Dem. And how many from those groups combined will stay home in protest of both parties. It’ll be very interesting what the turnout will be.
I really do believe kennedy is going to be a bigger x factor than people believe. Most women I know can't stand trump or biden. I really think the white suburban woman vote is going to break heavily in his favor.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
I really do believe kennedy is going to be a bigger x factor than people believe. Most women I know can't stand trump or biden. I really think the white suburban woman vote is going to break heavily in his favor.
You could be correct. A suburban white woman's ill child was what got him to look into vaccines and their testing procedures. FWIW I like him

Prob not as many as people think. This American Life ran a story about a guy that was trying to convince people to do it in Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire and a lot of people weren't having it. They viewed their vote as sacred and non transactional and most people felt better about voting for someone they wanted and believed in even thought it was basically a given Biden was going to win opposed to voting for the lesser of 2 evils of the opposing party.

Reactions: Moral
Angry Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation
Breaking Tom Cruise GIF by Mission Impossible
angry bbc two GIF by BBC
angry conan obrien GIF by Team Coco
parks and rec computer GIF

I guess there aren't as many Republicans that want anybody else as maybe some would like to believe. That was the only realistic chance to not have Biden v Trump rd 2, and it was blown almost as fast as possible.

Reactions: BelemNole and Moral

note on exit polls from The Federalist's Sean Davis:

The exit polls about Nikki Haley's voters' views on Biden and the economy are WILD.
These results, which are from Virginia, show that 92 PERCENT of Haley's voters approve of Joe Biden's performance as president, and 87 PERCENT of Haley's voters say they're satisfied with how things are going in America right now.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
I find it hilarious so many of you think think Trump getting convicted and going to jail would stop his election.

There is nothing that says someone in jail can’t run for President. What makes you think he would stop his election just because of that?

Have you not been paying attention to who the guy is at all?!?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT