ADVERTISEMENT

Trump To Scrap Michelle Obama's School Lunch Program

Students health problems had nothing to do with the lunch they ate at school before, during, or after Obama.

It is all the things they eat while not at school that causes the problem.

Sort of like the lack of parenting causes all the problems that teachers can't possibly correct in 7 hours over 9 months.
Well, it's one of their 3 meals of the day, so it certainly has something to do with their health problems. Heaven forbid that 1 meal is a little healthier. This has been one of the harder to understand partisan pissing matches, jfc.

Well, it's one of their 3 meals of the day, so it certainly has something to do with their health problems. Heaven forbid that 1 meal is a little healthier. This has been one of the harder to understand partisan pissing matches, jfc.

IT'S NOT NUTRITIOUS IF IT ISN'T EATEN!

Good grief, what part of this don't you morons understand????

Please post pictures of what you consider unhealthy school children.

Do not post picks of fat kids because there is no way in Fing He'll they are fat because of school lunch. They are fat because of all the crap they eat at home.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
IT'S NOT NUTRITIOUS IF IT ISN'T EATEN!

Good grief, what part of this don't you morons understand????

Good grief, I thought you were a member of the purported party of personal responsibility? Now you want schools to go back to serving unhealthy food because junior is too much of a snowflake to eat healthy food and wants to eat crap - otherwise he's going off campus for Steak and Shake?

Cons are funny people sometimes. Just admit you are against healthy school lunches because the Obamas were in favor of them.

As a football coach, I hate Obama's lunch program. Active athletes, who need calories, are getting the exact same amount as kids who do not do anything active. The athletes are not getting near enough food to eat, especially protein.

What is happening is that kids eat their lunch, are starving at the end of the day, and then hit the nearest fast food place, Casey's, etc. to fill up. Blaming schools for kids being fat is ridiculous. Kids get 1, maybe 2 meals a day at school, for 180 days. What about the other times?
This reads like you think the government should provide all kids with the calories required to be a lineman. That can't actually seem like a wise or fair policy in your mind. Football players should bring more food or money if they need more to eat.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Serious question - They have money to buy fast food but don't have money to buy two lunches if they really need the calories?
Because 3.00 for a school lunch is a rip off and doesn't provide a lot of calories. I wonder how many pounds of California Medley my school tosses out each year. The kids won't touch it. My daughters go to Hungry Hobo and grab a sandwich after school on pretty much every game night.

The bottom line for me, when I voted for Obama, I voted for him. I didn't vote for first ladies to make policy. That shouldn't be their job.

Good grief, I thought you were a member of the purported party of personal responsibility? Now you want schools to go back to serving unhealthy food because junior is too much of a snowflake to eat healthy food and wants to eat crap - otherwise he's going off campus for Steak and Shake?

Cons are funny people sometimes. Just admit you are against healthy school lunches because the Obamas were in favor of them.

The federal government has no business dictating school lunch menus. If you don't grasp the utter insanity of this entire idea, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: unIowa
Please post pictures of what you consider unhealthy school children.

Do not post picks of fat kids because there is no way in Fing He'll they are fat because of school lunch. They are fat because of all the crap they eat at home.
They're fat because of a lot more than 1 thing. The notion that exchanging an unhealthy meal for a healthier one couldn't make a difference is insane.

Yeah, you can't have our school children eating a healthy diet at school. That would be totally unreasonable!
What's the difference if the food is unhealthy or the unhealthy Liberal BS being fed to the kids minds? Oh wait , that is different.

If they provide the funds, and they do, they get to make some of the rules. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

See the thread where the judge said the feds can't put strings on law enforcement money with regard to sanctuary cities...

Because 3.00 for a school lunch is a rip off and doesn't provide a lot of calories. I wonder how many pounds of California Medley my school tosses out each year. The kids won't touch it. My daughters go to Hungry Hobo and grab a sandwich after school on pretty much every game night.

The bottom line for me, when I voted for Obama, I voted for him. I didn't vote for first ladies to make policy. That shouldn't be their job.

Then you have a shitty food service department.

Reactions: srams21

You think your girls would skip the sandwich if the school gave them French fries instead of broccoli? And you think that's a plus?

Reactions: srams21
Could you point to the article of the Constitution that mentions school lunch menus?

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

You think your girls would skip the sandwich if the school gave them French fries instead of broccoli? And you think that's a plus?
I was responding to someone who suggested they buy a second lunch. A second lunch is a waste of money.

As a football coach, I hate Obama's lunch program. Active athletes, who need calories, are getting the exact same amount as kids who do not do anything active. The athletes are not getting near enough food to eat, especially protein.

What is happening is that kids eat their lunch, are starving at the end of the day, and then hit the nearest fast food place, Casey's, etc. to fill up. Blaming schools for kids being fat is ridiculous. Kids get 1, maybe 2 meals a day at school, for 180 days. What about the other times?

Why don't they bring their own lunch?

Instead of quoting lots of people and replying I'm going to consolidate (and yes I know there is multi-quote but I'm on a phone)...

1 to Sal and the "it all goes in the trash can" group - I send three kids to school and am the CFO of a school corporation. One of my duties is overseeing our food service vendor. We serve about 4000 kids/day. By no means are they perfect, but they do try to cater to the kid's tastes and preferences within the rules. From grade 6 on we have fresh fruits and vegetables nearly free choice for kids to serve themselves. They also don't push weird dishes on them. If they want apple slices and baby carrots every day they can get that. We have very little food waste because our food service folks work hard to serve what the kids will eat even if that means not a ton of variety on the menu. We have renovated our middle and high school cafeterias to offer the stuff they want. There is always a Mexican choice, some type of deli station, pizza, and chicken sandwiches on the line along with a rotating batch of "traditional school lunch" items. Again not a ton of variety but the kids eat it and getting kids healthy food they will eat is the goal.

2 to football coach guy - walk your ass down to the cafeteria and talk to them. Our HS food service staff built multiple deals via ala carte to cater to athletes and their nutritional needs. Our sports coaches and athletes like it so much that they also have them handle food for their after school study tables and game nights. Again it isn't perfect, but they work within the rules and make the program work.

I try to get out to every school at least once per month and eat lunch. Overall the kids like what is served but there are items that just don't work. Those don't get served again. Our food service director loads up on what the kids like and utilizes the commodity system to get the best protein choices possible at the lowest cost.

Edited to add: school lunch can be done decently within the parameters of the program. Understand the limitations, work with the kids' desires in mind and be creative.

Last edited:

Why don't you send your kids to school with a lunch?

They're not eating it because it tastes like crap. They're throwing it in the garbage and hitting McD's after school.

Thanks, Michelle.

BS. Even if they weren't eating fruits and vegetables, that's on their parents for raising them on crap like dumbasses.

What a joke. The current program is a complete failure...shocking I know. Wasted food, starving kids is all it accomplished

"Starving". LOL. Drama Queen Alert!!!!

They could and should be buying a second lunch then. It's quality cheap food in school. Stupid argument.

I was responding to someone who suggested they buy a second lunch. A second lunch is a waste of money.
That's a little disingenuous don't you think? You clearly were blaming the broccoli for the need for a sandwich after school. When I would bet they would always choose to eat after school because that's what every kid does no matter what they had at mid day. You're just a broccoli bigot.

Instead of quoting lots of people and replying I'm going to consolidate (and yes I know there is multi-quote but I'm on a phone)...

1 to Sal and the "it all goes in the trash can" group - I send three kids to school and am the CFO of a school corporation. One of my duties is overseeing our food service vendor. We serve about 4000 kids/day. By no means are they perfect, but they do try to cater to the kid's tastes and preferences within the rules. From grade 6 on we have fresh fruits and vegetables nearly free choice for kids to serve themselves. They also don't push weird dishes on them. If they want apple slices and baby carrots every day they can get that. We have very little food waste because our food service folks work hard to serve what the kids will eat even if that means not a ton of variety on the menu. We have renovated our middle and high school cafeterias to offer the stuff they want. There is always a Mexican choice, some type of deli station, pizza, and chicken sandwiches on the line along with a rotating batch of "traditional school lunch" items. Again not a ton of variety but the kids eat it and getting kids healthy food they will eat is the goal.

2 to football coach guy - walk your ass down to the cafeteria and talk to them. Our HS food service staff built multiple deals via ala carte to cater to athletes and their nutritional needs. Our sports coaches and athletes like it so much that they also have them handle food for their after school study tables and game nights. Again it isn't perfect, but they work within the rules and make the program work.

I try to get out to every school at least once per month and eat lunch. Overall the kids like what is served but there are items that just don't work. Those don't get served again. Our food service director loads up on what the kids like and utilizes the commodity system to get the best protein choices possible at the lowest cost.

Holy crap, some who ACTUALLY knows what they are talking about! Now will our resident pinheads like @gonegolfing @jamesvanderwulf @The Tradition etc. going to listen?

I recently visited a high school and had lunch. Let me tell you, the food was far better tasting and better for you than the crap they offered at my high school. We had companies like Lil' Caesars and Burger King contracted to provide lunch along with some other school options. You can imagine how many doughy slugs we had from people eating nothing but crazy bread. But I guess the moron-in-chief would rather be child trying to piss on anything Obama (I hear literally...with cheap Russian prostitutes) and sell-out our kids to corporations until they all look like...
1k9l9w.jpg

ap16126691894652.jpg

You're either full of sh$t or dumb as sh$t.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Holy crap, some who ACTUALLY knows what they are talking about! Now will our resident pinheads like @gonegolfing @jamesvanderwulf @The Tradition etc. going to listen?

And I learn something about our food service program all the time. I work in a high free and reduced lunch school (50-60% qualify) and we offer breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday as well as a summer feeding program. Like I said getting kids to eat is job one.

Why don't they bring their own lunch?

They do, which is why the cost of lunch has nearly doubled since it was implemented. Seriously, there are a lot of things you people can have a legit gripe about. This is not one of them. Anybody who says differently isn't educated enough to comment on it. We're talking mountains of wasted food, catchup packets, ranch packets and food you're forced to take so you don't get charged extra. I can get a fresh sub sandwich from the local sub place for the same price of a school lunch. We have several people who cater in lunch for kids now. This thing is a disaster and anyone in education will tell you the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT