ADVERTISEMENT

Trump told us this week...

Nah, I'm capable of making up my own mind.

I guess you're just as upset when Fox puts out a misleading Biden story? I'm all for it, for both sides. Give me all the information, I'll determine the slant, and I'll see how it affects me.

Media isn't my enemy. They are the supplier of information. That's all.
It's not like we have much choice - unless maybe we go Thoreau/Unabomber and cut ourselves off. Is that even possible these days?

So since we can't effectively escape slanted and even dishonest news - those are not the same things, btw - how should we keep informed?

My main strategy is to overweight my sources with foreign news. It's not so much that they aren't slanted, but that their slants are easier to spot, and discount.

I also turn to some indy sources - which often cover things or give perspectives I don't see elsewhere.

What's your approach?

Reactions: hexumhawk
Don't really care about the Trump aspect. It could be anyone. The point is all of the major news networks knowingly lied and put out false/misleading stories to try to push one candidate and discredit the other. This should make you furious and worried regardless of "side".
So... like Fox News, their outlandish push of Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser's Big Lie, and their subsequent "Im sorry. We were wrong" admission, and their hundreds of millions of dollars in fines for it? Yep. Havent seen the courtcase, guilty verdict, or fines for those 'other' networks yet though.

Don't really care about the Trump aspect. It could be anyone. The point is all of the major news networks knowingly lied and put out false/misleading stories to try to push one candidate and discredit the other. This should make you furious and worried regardless of "side".
This is why I don’t ignore anyone here. I listen to both sides on this forum. I know people who only watch Fox News, others only CNN. For an informed decision you need to hear both sides and determine yourself what is the truth. I also drive a lot for work and alternate between Conservative talk radio and NPR. I have concluded Trump should get no where near the white house. It’s a no brainer-4 more years of JB over DJT.

There's some disagreement across sites about which states are most critical, but this map seems helpful.

swing-states-2024-map.png
Again, why I hate the electoral college. In most place votes don't even matter. 4-5 states determine the president for the rest of us.

The usual unhinged morons continue to be unhinged how many hoaxes will you fools fall for/repeat? Gives me a grand idea for a new thread tbh

Again, why I hate the electoral college. In most place votes don't even matter. 4-5 states determine the president for the rest of us.
The Electoral College is the ultimate participation trophy. It's funny Republicans are against ranked-choice voting as it negates the electoral college and they argue that a true majority doesn't win.

The longer I live, the more dysfunctional and archaic the Constitution looks.

Sure, there are many good elements, and it was a salutary break with worse governments at that time. But it needs some serious repair.

Sadly, the originalists are just making it worse.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT