ADVERTISEMENT

Trump vows to find compromise on abortion

theiacowtipper

HR Legend
Feb 17, 2004
Seems to think that both sides can agree on a 15 week ban. Why in the name of all that’s holy would the left agree to that? It gives them absolutely nothing, unless the right agrees to a prohibition on restrictions before that point, a non-starter for the right.

As this article points out, there can be no consensus or compromise on this issue. Neither side will accept it. Politically, as a leftist, I would like to see a proposal from Democrats for a 15 week hard cut off. A ban after that with a robust exception for life and a prohibition on restrictions prior to that. It would be a non starter but would rightfully paint the Republicans as the extremists on this, which they are.

More importantly, Trump has shown zero inclination to compromise before - it's all or nothing for him. For Trump to compromise, it has to be demonstrated beyond any shadow of a doubt that he will get nothing if he doesn't...and even then, he'll only do it kicking and streaming.

Abortion isn't an issue with much room for compromise.

You are either FOR or AGAINST women's rights.

It's pretty simple and there really is no way for Turd to straddle the fence here.
As we saw in some special elections/votes since November 2020, it's a HUGE losing issue for the GOP.

Seems to think that both sides can agree on a 15 week ban. Why in the name of all that’s holy would the left agree to that? It gives them absolutely nothing, unless the right agrees to a prohibition on restrictions before that point, a non-starter for the right.

As this article points out, there can be no consensus or compromise on this issue. Neither side will accept it. Politically, as a leftist, I would like to see a proposal from Democrats for a 15 week hard cut off. A ban after that with a robust exception for life and a prohibition on restrictions prior to that. It would be a non starter but would rightfully paint the Republicans as the extremists on this, which they are.

I'm generally pro choice but I am also seeing multiple democrats calling for abortion up to the point of birth and life threatening situations to the mother wouldn't even be a requirement. I assure you, the left is full of absolute extremists on this topic.
Trump nominated the judges who killed Roe. His promises are empty. Vote Blue in November. It's our only chance.
Roe v Wade was bad case law and it got tossed bc of democrats pushing the envelope in Mississippi which forced scotus to review it. Literally the consequences of your own actions, democrats.
Abortion isn't an issue with much room for compromise.

You are either FOR or AGAINST women's rights.

It's pretty simple and there really is no way for Turd to straddle the fence here.
As we saw in some special elections/votes since November 2020, it's a HUGE losing issue for the GOP.
Lol
This is one issue the libs are correct on.

Government should not be telling women what they should do with their reproductive health.
The left didn't behave this way when it came to the covid "vaccines" which have been proven to have direct impact on women's reproductive systems. In fact, they actively censored people from discussing that topic on social media even.

This is one issue the libs are correct on.

Government should not be telling women what they should do with their reproductive health.
SCOTUS pushed Republicans into a corner in this one.

Their only hope is to push immigration issues...and even that might be a problem after the House refused to negotiate.
Dems are in a good spot on important issues.

SCOTUS pushed Republicans into a corner in this one.

Their only hope is to push immigration issues...and even that might be a problem after the House refused to negotiate.
Dems are in a good spot on important issues.
Nobody believes Dems are in a good spot with respect to illegal immigration.

And right or wrong, Biden is blamed for inflation and cost of living increases.

I believe Trump is pro-choice at heart, but he saw a path to power by going the other direction. Now, if saying he’d compromise gets him back into power, well, that’s what he’ll say.
I don't think Trump has any real positions on issues (other than him making money), he just chooses the one that will get the most clicks and inspires love from his followers. He is the definition of a flip flopper which Republicans used to hate.

I'm generally pro choice but I am also seeing multiple democrats calling for abortion up to the point of birth and life threatening situations to the mother wouldn't even be a requirement. I assure you, the left is full of absolute extremists on this topic.

Roe v Wade was bad case law and it got tossed bc of democrats pushing the envelope in Mississippi which forced scotus to review it. Literally the consequences of your own actions, democrats.

Lol

The left didn't behave this way when it came to the covid "vaccines" which have been proven to have direct impact on women's reproductive systems. In fact, they actively censored people from discussing that topic on social media even.
I agree.

I am consistent on these issues. My politics center on reduced government spending, lower taxes, and government staying the **** out of people’s lives.

I don't think Trump has any real positions on issues (other than him making money), he just chooses the one that will get the most clicks and inspires love from his followers. He is the definition of a flip flopper which Republicans used to hate.
Trump is against involvement in foreign affairs and wasting billions of dollars overseas. He has been consistent on that, and I agree with him.

Reactions: Scruddy
Nobody believes Dems are in a good spot with respect to illegal immigration.

And right or wrong, Biden is blamed for inflation and cost of living increases.
The Dems, as of a month ago, are in the cat-birds seat on immigration reform….they need to press their advantage full speed ahead. The Dems gave tge Repubbers everything they have demanded regarding immigration reform and Trump/MAGAs backed away ( they didn’t want Biden to look successful)…The ignorance of the American public in regards to basic economics is frightful! It’s a new dawn in America today with jobs aplenty and new jobs coming. All America has to do is go to work.

The Dems, as of a month ago, are in the cat-birds seat on immigration reform….they need to press their advantage full speed ahead. The Dems gave tge Repubbers everything they have demanded regarding immigration reform and Trump/MAGAs backed away ( they didn’t want Biden to look successful)…The ignorance of the American public in regards to basic economics is frightful! It’s a new dawn in America today with jobs aplenty and new jobs coming. All America has to do is go to work.
This kind of unwarranted overconfidence scares me.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Can't go that far - but the Republicans did give them an opening on the issue, but it won't matter unless the Dems press their advantage on this...HARD (something they've struggled to do at times in the past).

Reactions: MitchLL
I believe Trump is pro-choice at heart, but he saw a path to power by going the other direction. Now, if saying he’d compromise gets him back into power, well, that’s what he’ll say.
Pretty accurate I think but Trump didn't push scotus to do anything with Roe v wade getting struck down, that was entirely because of democrat action in Mississippi. I do think trump is leaning 100% into that ruling though as you suggest.
We're also right on healthcare, education, taxes, job creation, infrastructure, and LGBTQ support.
Lol democrats have been in the Whitehouse for 11 of the past 15 years and every single item you listed (minus the LGBT crap) has gotten worse in that time period. Not sure I'm gonna agree with you based on reality.

Reactions: ICHerky
This kind of unwarranted overconfidence scares me.
It’s concerning to me, too. What I stated is tge fact though. Dems are realistically miles ahead of the NAGAs on immigration at this point in time. However, America is in a giant state of denial now… and that is Biden’s greatest hurdle to clear.

Trump is against involvement in foreign affairs and wasting billions of dollars overseas. He has been consistent on that, and I agree with him.
You are aware of the Trump's proclivity towards drone attacks.....setting records and all.

"We're getting our ass kicked in elections because of this.. won't you please compromise with us? And by compromise we mean come our way after we gutted the status quo that the majority of people were happy with."
This, absolutely.

Massive abortion rights victories in solid-red Ohio, solid-red Kansas, and solid-red Kentucky since Roe was overturned have Republicans shitting their pants.

GOP candidates in swing districts don’t know whether to shit or go blind. Favor abortion restrictions, alienate Independent and moderate Republicans. Favor reproductive rights, alienate the religious zealots. Either way, they lose votes.

Reactions: MitchLL

Last polling I saw on this said that I er 70% of Americans agreed with some sort of 15 week ban, so to answer your question...the left wouldn't agree to that, however the moderate Democrats would.

Your only chance to kill more babies is voting blue. Lol. Messed up priorities.

Ftr, I prefer a 20 week ban.
I'm fine with a ban at viability with medical necessity exceptions. Dems share this belief. Republicans, however, aren't. They want a total ban. Once Roe fell, Rs couldn't scramble fast enough to pass 6 week bans.

Reactions: gohawks50
Your only chance to kill more babies is voting blue. Lol. Messed up priorities.

Ftr, I prefer a 20 week ban.
This is the conservative dilemma in a nutshell.

Abortion is “killing babies” but, at the same time, “killing babies” is OK for a good part of the term.

The millions of “killing babies” zealots will never agree to a compromise. Yet a syrong majority of Americans favor the Roe framework (and have for 50 consecutive years).

This is the conservative dilemma in a nutshell.

Abortion is “killing babies” but, at the same time, “killing babies” is OK for a good part of the term.

The millions of “killing babies” zealots will never agree to a compromise. Yet a syrong majority of Americans favor the Roe framework (and have for 50 consecutive years).
So do you support abortion or not, do you want republicans to compromise or not?

You cant criticize republicans for allowing abortion up to a point, but then complain that republicans won't compromise. That's stupid.

There is a point where a fertilized egg becomes an actual baby. Not everyone agrees when a fertilized egg becomes a baby though. This is not a black or white issue, there are variations of gray.

So do you support abortion or not, do you want republicans to compromise or not?

You cant criticize republicans for allowing abortion up to a point, but then complain that republicans won't compromise. That's stupid.

There is a point where a fertilized egg becomes an actual baby. Not everyone agrees when a fertilized egg becomes a baby though. This is not a black or white issue, there are variations of gray.
Science agrees when it becomes a baby

Leftists: we have to allow abortion all the way to birth and even after or else society will be left to care for these children.

Also leftists: illegal immigrants should get free health care, housing and universal minimum income.
Come on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT