ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Warns That "If Kamala Wins, Everybody Gets Health Care"

I know, but you can make monthly payments of like 50$ and I have co pay now. Insurance company picking up most of the tab.
After you’ve met your deductible and out of pocket max. Which obviously can vary greatly. Could be as little as 1500 or closer to 10000 to 15000. My point was more of just relying on an HSA. Sometimes there are procedures or tests the insurance will flat out deny. And you’ll carry the cost for a bit while fighting them.

After you’ve met your deductible and out of pocket max. Which obviously can vary greatly. Could be as little as 1500 or closer to 10000 to 15000. My point was more of just relying on an HSA. Sometimes there are procedures or tests the insurance will flat out deny. And you’ll carry the cost for a bit while fighting them.
My max out of pocket was 3500. Not in HSA anymore because of my age. I am in a co pay now which is what I always wanted, but employers are always looking for the cheap way out. until they can't get talent.

Reactions: tumorboy
There's something very villainous to believing that a modern superpower democratic society cannot provide universal health care to its inhabitance. To support billionaires and deny children basic needs is truly evil.
Wait - you mean to tell me billionaires healthcare is supported and kids are not? WOW.
And we taxpayers are paying for that??
And…inhabitants.

My max out of pocket was 3500. Not in HSA anymore because of my age.
As I said it varies. It’s messed up. The way hospitals o healthcare providers will just pull whatever number they want to bill it seems. Then Health Insurance negotiates or pays whatever they think is appropriate. Then as long as you are covered the rest is forgiven. As long as your maximums and deductibles are reached.

Reactions: hawksurprize
Why do you think every other civilized country can pull this off but the wealthiest country in the world can’t?? NOBODY wants to trade with us. That should tell you we’re doing it wrong. Stop being afraid. Quality of care…give me a break.
They’d gladly trade places if they saw my house, my cars, my freedom vs living in an 800 sq ft flat, taking a trolley to the job…

I pay for the insurance I need according to my lifestyle…

If wanting all citizens to health care at an affordable cost is evil, then I'll proudly claim that.

It's not even a cost question, it's complete and total lack of desire to provide it.
Oh we provide it alright. Most of Europe gets it provided “free” by the fact that they can allocate revenue to healthcare - because we Americans are providing their defense for them.
Meanwhile the military vets who served around the world are served by the VA. Where they get mixed quality of care they have to wait for months to get.
Great, huh?

I feel like healthcare is something this country could compromise on. It's a shame the way our government works. The right complains that they'd have to pay for others. But that is exactly how insurance works. It's a shared expense and the more people insured in a group lowers the costs for everyone. Now imagine 330 million people insured. You pay your premium (taxes) and as a group we cover everything.

As I said it varies. It’s messed up. The way hospitals o healthcare providers will just pull whatever number they want to bill it seems. Then Health Insurance negotiates or pays whatever they think is appropriate. Then as long as you are covered the rest is forgiven. As long as your maximums and deductibles are reached.
Agreed, that is why I pay for higher premium for co-pay, it is worth it IMO.

I feel like healthcare is something this country could compromise on. It's a shame the way our government works. The right complains that they'd have to pay for others. But that is exactly how insurance works. It's a shared expense and the more people insured in a group lowers the costs for everyone. Now imagine 330 million people insured. You pay your premium (taxes) and as a group we cover everything.
The truth is that there’s an enormous amount of health care given to those who aren’t currently under some insurance umbrella already.
Medicaid. Or sick folks visit ER’s and are seen even if they cannot pay. Charitable pay options are at almost every hospital,
I do not disagree that there can be some improvements made but there’s still a reason wealthy foreigners come here to get the best health care on the planet.

You've just described single-payer or Medicare for all. The biggest hurdle(s) for that to happen is to get people to wake up to the fact that they aren't being screwed over by people without health insurance and that jobs in the health insurance industry do not need to exist.

Both of those illicit base reactions within certain types of people and they will never back down.

The truth is that there’s an enormous amount of health care given to those who aren’t currently under some insurance umbrella already.
Medicaid. Or sick folks visit ER’s and are seen even if they cannot pay. Charitable pay options are at almost every hospital,
I do not disagree that there can be some improvements made but there’s still a reason wealthy foreigners come here to get the best health care on the planet.
And the folks that can not pay. Are usually coming in for one of two procedures. Healthcare that could have been given at a faction of the cost at a clinic or life threatening care that could have been treated cheaper with prescriptions or less complex procedures at vastly cheaper rates.
Bottom line we end up paying for them no matter what.

Let's be honest, not saying you're not but medical bills wipe most people out.
This should NEVER happen in this country. It does because too many people are afraid of change or don’t care. AMERICANS should not lose everything if a family member gets sick. Nobody else has to worry about it. Americans are forced to accept it.

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

We have an ACA policy now in Colorado. We are both mid 50s, have a $3700pp deductible, zero copay for doctor visits, $50 for urgent care. Emergency care and hospitalization is where the deductible comes into play. $108.22 per month. I'm pretty sure if we had stayed in Nebraska our ACA plan would have been around $1600 per month It is literally insane that there should be such a crazy difference in pricing for health insurance.
As for this best in the world healthcare, give me a break. My son is 8 months past his first seizure and still no answers. Nobody is really concerned and I think that a large part of that is because he really can't afford top of the line healthcare. His last seizure that landed him in ICU on the ventilator they discharged him within 4 hours of getting him off the vent. Zero testing, zero anything other than stabilizing him and sending him home. Part of that is on him for not fighting for more answers but it shouldn't be this hard.
My husband is type 2 diabetic. His doc in Omaha had him on Mounjaro which took his A1c from 10 to 5.7. Between the inability of the company to keep up with demand and our move he is now 3 months without meds. When they were finally back in stock his Omaha docs office wouldn't send through the preauthorization paperwork because they said he should just establish care in Colorado and have them do it. Preauthorization paperwork was needed because we had switched insurance. He couldn't get into a doctor in Colorado for 6 weeks because there was only one doc who was accepting new patients within an hour of our home. Now he has seen the new doc we still have to wait for all of the preauthorization paperwork to be completed and processed and see if the insurance company will let him use the meds which have been working or make him start over again with a different med to save them money. For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would fight to keep this shit system. At least my insurance now is cheap but that isn't the case for most of you.

Why do you think every other civilized country can pull this off but the wealthiest country in the world can’t?? NOBODY wants to trade with us. That should tell you we’re doing it wrong. Stop being afraid. Quality of care…give me a break.
Not true but keep trying…

This should motivate you to have your shit together and hold down a job that assists with health insurance.

Just giving away health insurance at no expense? Let’s watch that Laziness meter bust through the roof.

Plus, there is already an incredible amount of people utilizing EMS to get ER visits and NEVER paying a single dime for any of it.
So if people are provided basic healthcare treatment they’ll all quit their jobs because they’re thinking that they’re living on easy street?

Color me skeptical.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
And guess who pays for it. You see once again the takers are all for getting more freebies in life while the working stiffs keep paying for it.
Insurance (crooks) wants 1000 bucks a month premium in some cases. Anything can be better than that. People who are on the side of insurance companies are absolute scum of the earth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT