ADVERTISEMENT

Tues Press Conference (3 pm CT) & Player interviews

The full text of the tweet:

Iowa offensive lineman Mason Richman has been playing through injuries for most of the season. Did he have discussions about whether to sit out vs. Nebraska in advance of the Big Ten Championship Game?

“Not at all. Never a thought. I never want to give up on the guys out there. We’ve got 120 guys, and I’m guaranteeing at least 100 of them would play through the things I’ve got. The guys from the past would do the same thing. So, just trying to live up to that standard and what it means to be a Hawkeye.”

I'm shocked the thought to rest players was even mentioned.

More Mason Richman, who says the Iowa O-line is playing more “violent” than in the past and with more confidence:

“These last two games honestly, I think we've just come out and wanted it more than both of those teams. Illinois last week wanted to talk a lot of trash. The week before, Rutgers didn’t want to play.”

Iowa WR Nico Ragaini says there's no doubt about the team going all-out to win Friday:

“We're all in on this game. That's how I thought it would be. That's how everyone on the team wants it to be. We know how important these November games are. And that's a big thing to us, is November football games. That’s the football you remember in years to come, the games you play in November. We want to go 4-0 in November.”

I've been trying to warn fans about Purdy's speed.

I don't feel good about this game at all.
Stay in your gaps and lanes, maybe not a lot of stunting in the pass rush. But any fast offensive player is scary and a player who can go the distance at anytime. Kaleb Johnson has done it twice and Leshon W once this year. Hawks need to get a WR who can take the top/back end off of the defense

He was Debbie's entire offense Saturday. Drop back to pass and if it's not there, take off running. We've seen that before, so Parker should have something cooked up for it.
A fast player as a spy on the qb on select plays like mainly 3rd downs when qbs make the decision to tuck and run to avoid punting. Keeping the Lbkrs in zone coverage with eyes on the qb is another way.

Castro would make a good spy as he is pretty fast and a very good tackler.

But Parker usually doesnt do spies so as not to get out of his several base defenses.

Devin Gardner and the other announcer were small talking about their meeting with Kirk the prior day and Gardner said he looks good and is moving good with his two new hips. I replayed that so I made sure I heard it correctly and that's what he said.

Must have been a fast recovery.
Well Kirk may have had them done starting early this year after the season was over. I know some people who had have knees and hips replaced and most say getting over the hip is easier. So he could have had one in mid-Jan and be ready for another one in May.

And people do get both replaced at the same time but that would be really weird

Stay in your gaps and lanes, maybe not a lot of stunting in the pass rush. But any fast offensive player is scary and a player who can go the distance at anytime. Kaleb Johnson has done it twice and Leshon W once this year. Hawks need to get a WR who can take the top/back end off of the defense
Purdy is a dangerous scrambler. Force a tighter pocket and have a dedicated spy …maybe Castro.

Make him pass. Winds gusting to 20mph. He will panic. I’m calling it - Nwankpa with a pic6.

Reactions: pmtdc and uihawk82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT