ADVERTISEMENT

Tues Press Conference (3 pm CT) & Player interviews

Rhule on Wednesday:
  • DT Ty Robinson coming back in 2024 for sixth season
  • OL & DL play has really improved, even with two starting OL out for season with injuries
  • RT Bryce Benhart is playing his best football late in the year, still deciding if he will go to NFL
  • Iowa's return game and special teams are a program-wide commitment, not just about CDJ or TT
  • We will have to make some plays on returns, and Ethan Nation is a dynamic young returner
  • Heinrich Haarberg is not healthy - “an emergency guy”
  • Chubba Purdy will start
  • Starting senior LB Nick Henrich tore his ACL in overtime against Wisconsin, won't dress for Senior Day
  • Senior RB Anthony Grant is a game-time decision after suffering a low-ankle sprain
  • Emmett Johnson still on top of depth chart at RB
  • Have been down top two RBs all year, but Kwinten Ives (True FR could see action)
  • Team was "crushed" after the loss on Saturday, but came back Sunday with a good attitude
  • Advocating for DC Tony White to get a head coaching job, but would love to see him back in Lincoln

Devin Gardner and the other announcer were small talking about their meeting with Kirk the prior day and Gardner said he looks good and is moving good with his two new hips. I replayed that so I made sure I heard it correctly and that's what he said.

Must have been a fast recovery.
That’s a really tough recovery for some. I can’t imagine having two done. Glad he’s doing well. I would have never guessed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT