ADVERTISEMENT

Turned 45 today

Jimmy McGill

HR Legend
Sep 9, 2018
Earth
Only about 7 in otter years.

Otter GIF

Hah. May be worth looking into. My 45th is coming up in July, and the only significance I can see is insurance will now cover the colonoscopy.
I'm starting to realize that after I poop I have to go back like two minutes later to finish the job

Oh - and Happy Birthday. Test your luck and put a few units on a Twolves sweep of the conference finals!

Hah. May be worth looking into. My 45th is coming up in July, and the only significance I can see is insurance will now cover the colonoscopy.

Oh - and Happy Birthday. Test your luck and put a few units on a Twolves sweep of the conference finals!

I've had a couple scopes. Its all paid for by VA. I'm lucky to have that benefit.

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
I've had a couple scopes. Its all paid for by VA. I'm lucky to have that benefit.
My brother, who passed away a few years back, received really outstanding care through the VA with respect to the management of his diabetes through the end of his life. Very thankful for it, and as I know is true in your case, it was earned.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
THIS DAY IN MUSIC // May 20

In 1954, A single that proved to be a turning point in popular music, “Rock Around The Clock” by Bill Haley And His Comets, was released. At the time it had little impact, but exploded the following year when it was used in the soundtrack for the Glenn Ford/Sidney Poitier drama, Blackboard Jungle.

In 1960, Alan Freed was indicted for receiving payola from six record companies. It was the beginning of the end for the pioneering rock DJ.

In 1960, The Silver Beetles (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Stu Sutcliffe, and Tommy Moore) played the first night of a short tour of Scotland backing singer Johnny Gentle. Three of the Silver Beetles adopted stage names: Paul McCartney became Paul Ramon, George Harrison was Carl Harrison, and Stuart Sutcliffe became Stu de Staël.

In 1964, Twenty-eight-year-old Rudy Lewis of The Drifters died under mysterious circumstances the night before the group was set to record “Under The Boardwalk.” Former Drifters backup singer Johnny Moore was brought back to perform lead vocals for the recording session.

In 1966, Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey of The Who grew tired of waiting for John Entwistle and Keith Moon to arrive for their gig in Windsor, England, so they took to the stage with the bass player and drummer of the local band that opened the show. When Moon and Entwistle finally arrived in the middle of the set, a fight broke out, with Townshend hitting Moon on the head with his guitar. Moon and Entwistle quit the band, but rejoined a week later.

In 1966, Bob Dylan and The Band played at the ABC Theatre in Edinburgh, Scotland. Some members of the audience were unhappy with Dylan “going electric” and attempted to overpower the band by playing harmonicas.

In 1967, The BBC banned “A Day In The Life” by The Beatles for purportedly promoting drug abuse.

In 1967, Jimi Hendrix signed a contract to record for famous rock-hater Frank Sinatra’s Reprise label.

In 1968, The Beatles armed with a bunch of new songs after their visit to India, met at George Harrison’s home in Esher, Surrey. They taped 23 new songs on George’s 4-track recorder, many of which would end up on The Beatles’ next two albums (the White Album and Abbey Road). The demos included “Cry Baby Cry,” “Revolution,” “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” “Blackbird,” and “Child Of Nature” (a Lennon song that became “Jealous Guy”).

In 1969, While watching a Dodgers/Cubs game at Dodger Stadium, Peter Cetera of Chicago was set upon by four Marines who didn’t like the length of his hair. They broke his jaw, resulting in the singer spending two days in intensive care.

In 1969, Led Zeppelin started three days of recording and mixing sessions at A&R Studios in New York City, which included the recording of “Heartbreaker” and various other parts for new tracks for the group’s forthcoming second album.

In 1978, Paul McCartney went to #1 on the US singles chart with “With A Little Luck,” his sixth solo US #1.

In 1978, The Buddy Holly Story film, featuring an Oscar-nominated lead performance by Gary Busey, was premiered in Holly’s hometown of Lubbock, Texas.

In 1985, Hall & Oates topped the bill at the grand reopening of the legendary Apollo Theatre in Harlem. The concert, a benefit for the United Negro College Fund, also featured two of the original Temptations, David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks.

In 1995, Fellow Eagles Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, along with Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Sting, Tony Bennett, David Crosby, Randy Newman, Jimmy Buffett, Jackson Browne, and Sheryl Crow were all on hand for Don Henley’s wedding to model Sharon Summerall in Malibu, California.

In 1997, U2 caused traffic chaos in Kansas City, Missouri, after they paid for traffic control to close down five lanes so they could shoot the video for “Last Night On Earth.” Apart from major traffic jams, a passing Cadillac crashed into a plate glass window trying to avoid a cameraman.

In 1997, Foo Fighters released their second album, The Colour And The Shape, a Grammy nominee for Best Rock Album in 1998. Even though Foo Fighters are an American band, the word Colour in the album title is spelled with the British spelling as a nod to producer Gil Norton, who is British.

In 1998, Frank Sinatra’s funeral was held in Beverly Hills. Among those paying their respects were Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Tony Bennett, Faye Dunaway, Tony Curtis, Liza Minnelli, Kirk Douglas, Angie Dickinson, Sophia Loren, Bob Newhart, Mia Farrow, and Jack Nicholson.

In 2003, James Brown was pardoned for his past crimes in South Carolina. Brown had served a two-and-a-half-year prison term after an arrest on drug and assault charges in 1988.

In 2012, Robin Gibb of Bee Gees died from cancer at age 62.

In 2013, Ray Manzarek, keyboard player and founding member of The Doors, died at 74. Manzarek, who had suffered from bile duct cancer for many years, died in a clinic in Rosenheim, Germany, with his wife and brothers at his bedside.

In 2015, The Rolling Stones played a gig at the 1,300-capacity Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles during which they performed the entire Sticky Fingers album. The audience included Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, Harry Styles, Leonard Cohen, and Patricia Arquette.

Part of me wants to go with James Brown pardon, I'm going with Sinatra funeral as I graduated h.s. that year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT