ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the ideal work week….in amount of hours?

I actually work probably 24-32 hours a week overall and sometimes up to 40 but I get paid a salary. I set my own schedule and get my shit done then do whatever I want for the most part. I don’t want to get too far ahead or else I would get more work. I am your prototypical quiet quitter

I actually work probably 24-32 hours a week overall and sometimes up to 40 but I get paid a salary. I set my own schedule and get my shit done then do whatever I want for the most part. I don’t want to get too far ahead or else I would get more work. I am your prototypical quiet quitter

I’m guessing you don’t have direct reports. I swear I spend nearly 4 to 5 hours on average on the phone or in meetings.

I’m guessing you don’t have direct reports. I swear I spend nearly 4 to 5 hours on average on the phone or in meetings.
Nope. I’ve gone that route and I don’t want to deal with other peoples shit. This was probably moreso the department I was in but it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. Now I am a senior member of the team in another department and I will get my 2.5%-5% raises until I max out and my nice annual bonuses. The flexibility I have with my kids at their age is hard to beat and quantify in $$$ with me trying to move up. Very content right now

Reactions: Mayland
Nope. I’ve gone that route and I don’t want to deal with other peoples shit. This was probably moreso the department I was in but it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. Now I am a senior member of the team in another department and I will get my 2.5%-5% raises until I max out and my nice annual bonuses. The flexibility I have with my kids at their age is hard to beat and quantify in $$$ with me trying to move up. Very content right now

You’re right about other people’s shit. I was much happier and less stressed when I was a sole contributor. Also, money doesn’t mean much when you don’t have time.

1gSkukY.gif

A real answer is 4-10’s. Three day weekend is where it’s at. If I have to work 8’s, I prefer 6am to 2:15pm. Get off early enough to be able to do something.

Unions fought to get us down to 40. As the unions have systematically been weakened, the standard has risen to 45 most places where people make salary.

If they’re hourly, it’s often just below the mandatory benefits threshold.

The truth is, companies that have switched to a 32 hour, 4 day week have had great results.

If I could get by with working 30-40 in my current position that would be great, but it's just not realistic. So I'll settle for 45ish.

4 10s would be ideal, but not practical in what I do in public education.

4 10s is what I currently do. 5-3:30 Monday through Thursday. After the first month or so our production skyrocketed and has only gotten better. The only downside is having to take 10 hours of PTO for a day off but I take less days off since I can schedule appointments on Fridays.

4 10s is what I currently do. 5-3:30 Monday through Thursday. After the first month or so our production skyrocketed and has only gotten better. The only downside is having to take 10 hours of PTO for a day off but I take less days off since I can schedule appointments on Fridays.

Good God I would not last a month on that schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT