ADVERTISEMENT

TV provider suggestions

For those cutting the cord, is the primary reason cost savings, or is there something else about the cordless service you find better. Also, for those who cut the cord, what are the biggest things you miss, don't get, or get annoyed with, if anything. Appears from my quick review that YTtv, for example, probably covers 83% (okay, 95%) of channels I watch, but besides that, I can't help but worry about other $hit I may have to deal with. Streaming concerns (my computer streaming is fine), need new tvs every few years to remain compatible with upgrades, more ads/commercials, more flux in channel options due to contract disputes, .....??? Or, everything great as long as you are okay with channel options?

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Question for youtube tv. If you have it, does the youtube videos on youtube website come without all the advertising then? When I click on now, I usually have 1 or 2 short commercials and sometimes a commercial in the middle.

Thanks for the input guys.

For Menace, it is a moral decision. Kids need to be kids and left alone as opposed to being "groomed". I'm done.
I wish I had been groomed to be inclusive of others when I was a kid.

It's not garbage because of its specific politics. It's garbage because it's another large political instigating post on the wrestling forum by a known political instigating poster.
And Disney going down in flames has what to do with the OP? You gonna flag that for deletion?

For those cutting the cord, is the primary reason cost savings, or is there something else about the cordless service you find better. Also, for those who cut the cord, what are the biggest things you miss, don't get, or get annoyed with, if anything. Appears from my quick review that YTtv, for example, probably covers 83% (okay, 95%) of channels I watch, but besides that, I can't help but worry about other $hit I may have to deal with. Streaming concerns (my computer streaming is fine), need new tvs every few years to remain compatible with upgrades, more ads/commercials, more flux in channel options due to contract disputes, .....??? Or, everything great as long as you are okay with channel options?
18 months ago, I had Dish Network. Switched to Hulu for costs - about $45 a month less.

And Disney going down in flames has what to do with the OP? You gonna flag that for deletion?
I had no idea what he meant. However, with the great lack in details it seemed apparent to me his goal wasn't to start a political debate. Menace should have just looked it up like he did, and then ignored it. But, no, some are obsessed on turning the wrestling forum into an asinine political one. We've done that too much already. Let's learn.

And I'm done with you on this. You have a good evening, sir.

I wish I had been groomed to be inclusive of others when I was a kid.
I hope you just don't know what it means. From Urban Dictionary.

groomed

Being groomed is what it's called when a younger child under the age of 18 is sexually exploited by an adult or someone way older than them. Teens and even kids get groomed at a young age for being easy to manipulate, which is why creeps called "groomers" go for them.
Theres nothing a teenager can provide for an adult besides their innocence which will get them taken advantage of and groomed. It's best to stay away from older men or woman who act flirty toward you. you're not special to them they will just use you.

groomed

Being groomed is what it's called when a younger child under the age of 18 is sexually exploited by an adult or someone way older than them. Teens and even kids get groomed at a young age for being easy to manipulate, which is why creeps called "groomers" go for them.
Theres nothing a teenager can provide for an adult besides their innocence which will get them taken advantage of and groomed. It's best to stay away from older men or woman who act flirty toward you. you're not special to them they will just use you.
Well no wonder I get funny looks when I tell people I groomed my dog.

groomed

And how exactly does that apply to teaching young people about the fact that LGBTQ+ people do in fact exist in the world?

The only time he comes here, he tries to start a debate and show everyone how enlightened he is.
Really? Pay attention more, and maybe you won’t embarrass yourself with something so stupid next time. Being incredibly ignorant and uninformed is par for the course for you 😆. You must not be on the wrestling boards much, son.

Really? Pay attention more, and maybe you won’t embarrass yourself with something so stupid next time. Being incredibly ignorant and uninformed is par for the course for you 😆. You must not be on the wrestling boards much, son.
Take your politics elsewhere, no one is impressed.

Are you trying to force an argument? Do you really think you are about to change someone's mind? Why are you trying to engage in a discussion of this, when clearly, NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO?

Reactions: grapplefann
Vidgo $55 per month

Sports on Vidgo​

Vidgo’s biggest strength is its range of sports channels with 6 ESPN channels, including ESPN and ESPN 2, as well as FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, NFL Network, and Stadium. That means it provides solid coverage of most major sports, but it lacks the local sports networks that carry live Major League Baseball, National Football League, and National Basketball Association games. However, local networks like ABC and FOX can be unlocked using the TV Everywhere feature.

College sports fans are particularly well served, as Vidgo TV is the only live streaming service that provides access to all four of the major National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) channels — Big Ten Network, Longhorn Network, Pac-12 Network, and SEC Network.

I gotta say that my streaming has been great! I get it through Comcast and there has been zero reliability problems. I do have to add that I live in a techie area, and I have to upgrade my computer stuff every 4-5 years for work anyway. I'm also not too familiar with ALL the streaming apps/options, so there's lots that I miss out on becaue I'm cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trapper85
Has anyone ever been "informed" by insulting them or calling them names?
We are all our own ambassadors, and right now you make Sergei Lavrov look like a diplomatic genius. You and I agree on several things, but at some point your bullying overshadows the points you are trying to make.

Last edited:
I gotta say that my streaming has been great! I get it through Comcast and there has been zero reliability problems. I do have to add that I live in a techie area, and I have to upgrade my computer stuff every 4-5 years for work anyway. I'm also not too familiar with ALL the streaming apps/options, so there's lots that I miss out on becaue I'm cheap.
I'm as far away from cheap as a person could get I think. Not necessarily wise probably, and someday I may regret that but I'll deal with it if and when I have to. That said, while my XFINITY cable bill is huge, but I get damn near every channel under the sun and rarely an issue of any kind. Bells and whistles that are kind of neat, and I run into some of them by accident, just hitting a wrong button on the remote. Works great.

So the thing for me is breaking it down by what it costs me per day, and how much is it worth not having to deal with any headaches (have enough headaches with work software upgrades and issues and yada, yada, yada anyway). I haven't cut the cord and don't intend to, so I'll pay the price and skip the headaches and call it good. As long as I can afford it, that's what I'll do. Hopefully that ability continues to my grave but we'll see....

What's the current "dust up" with Disney?

On topic, I've used Fubo for the last 2 years. It's a little more expensive than Sling, which I used prior to that, but it's second to none for sports availability
It's good for sports unless you want ncaa basketball tournament of mlb playoffs. No TBS. Other than that I'm really enjoying fubo.

Vidgo $55 per month

Sports on Vidgo​

Vidgo’s biggest strength is its range of sports channels with 6 ESPN channels, including ESPN and ESPN 2, as well as FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, NFL Network, and Stadium. That means it provides solid coverage of most major sports, but it lacks the local sports networks that carry live Major League Baseball, National Football League, and National Basketball Association games. However, local networks like ABC and FOX can be unlocked using the TV Everywhere feature.

College sports fans are particularly well served, as Vidgo TV is the only live streaming service that provides access to all four of the major National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) channels — Big Ten Network, Longhorn Network, Pac-12 Network, and SEC Network.
It’s amazing the filth one must sift through to find a good, old fashioned quality post like this. Thank you my good man!

ADVERTISEMENT