ADVERTISEMENT

Two Deeps & Game Notes for Iowa at Illinois

Apr 8, 2003
Linked below.

GAME NOTES

EoGA83YW8AAzgAX

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
OL matching what we saw Friday basically. Cronk was in uniform and Kallenberger wasn't.

LT was Jackson, Plumb, now Jackson, DeJong
LG was Ince, Schott, now Ince, Richman
RG was Banwart, Elsbury, now Banwart, Schott
RT was Kallenberger, Plumb, Cronk, now Plumb, Cronk

R-DE was VanValkenburg, Black, now VanValkenburg, Waggoner since he's back.

One interesting note on the OL Friday was Schott was actually at second team center in warmups, then moved into the guard rotation for the game. The second team OL in warmups on Friday was Richman, Elsbury, Schott, Britt, and Cronk, from left the right.

Plumb has put on some good size and maybe he is the future at that position. We have alot of guys to work with but a number of them still need to add some size.

Reactions: hexumhawk
FS1 listed here. ESPN shows FS1/BTN. Any idea which network will actually be broadcasting the game? TIA.

So is Schott hurt? Ince struggled some and Schott seemed to play well and now he’s out of the rotation?

FS1 listed here. ESPN shows FS1/BTN. Any idea which network will actually be broadcasting the game? TIA.
Let me introduce you to the best and most useful site on the interwebs:

So is Schott hurt? Ince struggled some and Schott seemed to play well and now he’s out of the rotation?
He is not out of rotation. They played all thre guards withSchott being non-starter. It will most probably stay that way

Next to QB, this has been the most frustrating position to watch. Ince played great up until Saturday. He comes out and Schott actually played pretty good after playing crappy up until Saturday.

I still think Ince is better and doesn't get beat as much. Would as like to see Britt get some reps as I think he is really close to coming on.

If my math is right they are looking at losing 14 starters out of the 22 when this year ends ?
How are you getting that number? Even if you count Nixon and Linderbaum I only get 12. But still a lot to lose. Especially on the DL where Schulte is also a Sr. So that is 5 of the top 8. Offense loses some really good players as well, Smith, ISM, Jackson, Linderbaum, Sargent, Beyer,

How are you getting that number? Even if you count Nixon and Linderbaum I only get 12. But still a lot to lose. Especially on the DL where Schulte is also a Sr. So that is 5 of the top 8. Offense loses some really good players as well, Smith, ISM, Jackson, Linderbaum, Sargent, Beyer,

Smith, Beyer, Jackson, Linderbaum, Banwart, ISM, Sargent, Duncan, Gholston, Nixon, Heflin, VanValkenburg, Wade, Niemen, Hankins.

Don't forget that this is a "free year" and seniors could possibly come back if they want to. Along with the growing trend of high transfer numbers IMO trying to guesstimate next years roster isn't very productive until June or so...

Sargent and Beyer aren't starters. You are including special teams?

They both contribute in time and stats to be considered starters in my opinion. Yes, Duncan is also included considering the past few years he has been a major factor in points and value to the team.

They both contribute in time and stats to be considered starters in my opinion. Yes, Duncan is also included considering the past few years he has been a major factor in points and value to the team.
They may be contributors but they aren't starters and you said starters. Also, might as well put Schulte and Cronk in there as well if you are counting guys that have contributed and started some. But then the more accurate number would be to use the total two deep number not just starters.
It is fine if you include Duncan as a starter but you said 14 out of 22 which seemed to suggest that you weren't counting special teams. If you were then you have to to raise the 22 number to 26 for K, P, KR and PR. Also in which case you have to count ISM twice.

Sorry, just picking nits here.

I see your 14 number but then you’re looking at lot more than 22 starters to get there. Maybe losing 14 out of 30+ by your metric, but yeah there will be a lot of guys gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT