ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger Campbell re-opens recruitment

Interesting but he didn't pick the Hawkeyes first. Maybe he was blinded by the Chicago scene but if he came to Iowa I hope it's because he decides he just wants to be a Hawkeye for himself and the team.

Reactions: juana
Class of 2019 IIRC. I didn't follow his recruiting real close but I believe DePaul hired his HS coach shortly before Tyger accepted the offer. Looks like that maneuver backfired.... their blue chip recruit backed out and his ex-HS coach is on the payroll.

Reactions: Bro D and DanL53
It will be interesting to see how successfully Iowa gets back into the recruitment of Campbell or if he decommited with the goal of going to a "blue blood" school.

According to Rivals; we have PG offers into Campbell, Carton, McKinney, Terry, and Watts for 2019 and Suggs and Terry for 2020 at the PG spot. All top drawer PG's. You have to believe 1 or 2 of those will result in a commitment to the IA program.

Reactions: VicHawkeye
I thought he reclassified to 2018 is he moving back to 2019?

My bad, it looks like he is 2018, at least according to the Rivals offer list as of today (9/2/17). That certainly presents a challenge for the Hawks in terms of available rides if Campbell is indeed 2018.

Class of 2019 IIRC. I didn't follow his recruiting real close but I believe DePaul hired his HS coach shortly before Tyger accepted the offer. Looks like that maneuver backfired.... their blue chip recruit backed out and his ex-HS coach is on the payroll.
how much did coach pay him? :)

Apropos of nothing, but doesn't he have Iowa ties?

Yes, grandparents live in Cedar Rapids - I believe on his dad's side. All are said to be Iowa Hawk fans - especially the grandparents which are supposed to be major Hawk fans.

I think Tyger was raised in Cedar Rapids until 8th grade or so and then moved to TN (I believe because they allow 8th graders to be on varsity HS teams or a similar reason to that) and then Chicago area - all designed to advance Tyger's basketball skills / profile ultimately landing at La Lumiere in Chicagoland in IN. Something to that effect anyway.

Reactions: HawkinCarmel
Yes, grandparents live in Cedar Rapids - I believe on his dad's side. All are said to be Iowa Hawk fans - especially the grandparents which are supposed to be major Hawk fans.

I think Tyger was raised in Cedar Rapids until 8th grade or so and then moved to TN (I believe because they allow 8th graders to be on varsity HS teams or a similar reason to that) and then Chicago area - all designed to advance Tyger's basketball skills / profile ultimately landing at La Lumiere in Chicagoland in IN. Something to that effect anyway.

Thats so weird to me. Moving around that much for a kids highschool basketball.

Anyone have a comparison of Carton vs Campbell? I know some on DJ Carton. But not enough on Campbell.

DJ sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. Something highly valued by the Iowa staff

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT