ADVERTISEMENT

TYLER LINDERBAUM~good showing in The Army All-American Bowl

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
Tyler had a good day yesterday in the All-American Bowl. Made several plays as a starter at DT. One of the lowest rated guys out there, but clearly under rated. I think he will gain alot of strength once he gets started in the program and be able to use more than just his quickness to wreck B1G o-lines in the coming years.

Tyler had a good day yesterday in the All-American Bowl. Made several plays as a starter at DT. One of the lowest rated guys out there, but clearly under rated. I think he will gain alot of strength once he gets started in the program and be able to use more than just his quickness to wreck B1G o-lines in the coming years.

If we don't need him at Center....

Reactions: INXS83
I watched the game like what I saw too. And I agree with prior post I read on another topic that he's a victim of where he's from when it comes to his rankings. If he was from Illinois or Michigan he'd probably be ranked much higher, but that's to the Hawkeyes benefit that he's a native Iowan with not as much fan fare. Not to be off topic but I do feel for the O Linemen in these all star games. They spend most of the practice week doing one on one drills not so much building the cohesion needed on the offensive line. Often times the players look bad in the game because they don't know what the guys next to them are exactly doing. It's really a testament to any O linemen who shines in these games

Reactions: dbrocket
What I liked was his scuffle. He went after the dude.

That is exactly what KF wants in his linemen. When the announcers say physical practice...yes they mean intense etc...but they mean fights as well.

Reactions: utahgimme2
I can't imagine Tyler contributing at C next season. Are people thinking he could be at center in 19 or 20? If the need is there I guess they could try it. However, Phil has said they can never havd enougb D linemen.

Allen Trieu (@AllenTrieu) Tweeted:
Four-star center Tyrone Sampson just received an offer from #Nebraska, and has an official set with the Huskers. (VIP) https://t.co/Y97tGrZnTN https://t.co/tOLREcOPNj

From the same high school as Dez King. Already 6-3 295 could be a guy we could plug in. 4 star who Tyler went up against in practice at AAA Game.

4* from Michigan with no instate offers?
Given Iowa's positive relationship with the East English coach ... it makes it even stranger that Iowa hadn't been dropping more interest on the young man. At least earlier on ... we must not have had much of a perceived "need" at C. I wonder if the departure of Daniels ends up changing that .... if the time-line for our C development has now changed.

Also, has anybody heard anything about the Duwa at C "plan?" Are they still trying to develop Duwa at C?

Tyler is in wrestling mode so he is 30lbs lighter than pretty much all the other OL out there.

I would expect him to RS and put the weight on. "If" Iowa were to use him at C, he is smart enough, he played it in HS and had to make calls on-the-fly there as well.

Tyler is in wrestling mode so he is 30lbs lighter than pretty much all the other OL out there.

I would expect him to RS and put the weight on. "If" Iowa were to use him at C, he is smart enough, he played it in HS and had to make calls on-the-fly there as well.
A big part will have to deal with timing. If Render takes over the C spot in '18 ... then we're looking at another new C in '19. Guys who have received work at C include Banwart, Williams, and Duwa. By '19, the former two will be JRs, Duwa will be a SO, and Linderbaum will be a RS FR. It's very rare for a FR to take over at C ... so if Duwa is in the line of succession ... then I'd be inclined to believe that Render may be in serious consideration for the gig. If Williams or Banwart are going to take over the job ASAP ... then that opens up the door for a guy to take over the spot in 2021. In this case, it's likely too late for Duwa to take the job ... so somebody like Linderbaum could be a good candidate.

A big part will have to deal with timing. If Render takes over the C spot in '18 ... then we're looking at another new C in '19. Guys who have received work at C include Banwart, Williams, and Duwa. By '19, the former two will be JRs, Duwa will be a SO, and Linderbaum will be a RS FR. It's very rare for a FR to take over at C ... so if Duwa is in the line of succession ... then I'd be inclined to believe that Render may be in serious consideration for the gig. If Williams or Banwart are going to take over the job ASAP ... then that opens up the door for a guy to take over the spot in 2021. In this case, it's likely too late for Duwa to take the job ... so somebody like Linderbaum could be a good candidate.
I'm not opposed to a agile, quick and aggressive Linderbaum at Center. Unsung leadership position on a football team if you ask me. Sort of the QB of the other half of the offense. The right guy can provide the chemistry needed to get to the next level.

Looks like Tyler was 50lbs lighter than the other OL... rang in at 255lbs... so he lost nearly 20lbs from football for wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT