ADVERTISEMENT

Tyreke Locure

Nov 11, 2016
Saw something a while back that said he was to central Iowa what DJ Carton is to eastern Iowa. I can only assume that means he is pretty damn good. I'm pretty sure we have visited his school and stuff a couple of times and I assume that we have offered, but I'm not sure. Anyone know if we have officially offered this kid or not? Iowa should be going hard after both of these kids, as well as Suggs in 2020. Like football with WR, until we find a good class of PGs, we need to OVER RECRUIT that position IMO

He has no high major offers.

I watched him play again last night and while he is super quick his effort might actually be getting worse from when I saw him before. Doesn’t move without the ball on offense, doesn’t move at all on defense.

Needs to get stronger but absorbs contract pretty well and makes free throws.

Reactions: LETSGOHAWKS2
He has no high major offers.

I watched him play again last night and while he is super quick his effort might actually be getting worse from when I saw him before. Doesn’t move without the ball on offense, doesn’t move at all on defense.

Needs to get stronger but absorbs contract pretty well and makes free throws.
So not as great as the article made him out to be? Maybe that's why no offer has been made to him then. I just looked and he only has offers from Drake and North Dakota.

Reactions: LETSGOHAWKS2
We have been in contact though, he's likely our fallback option to Carton. Good player, just not sure if he's D1. His quickness abuses many of the local kids.

I’ll put it this way, he seems to put out less effort each time I’ve seen him. I was actually embarrassed for him, I am not sure how anyone has not got it into his head that he needs to play harder at both ends. Not surprising that he does not have more offers, I am guessing several coaches have come to see him and simply walked out early.

From what I’ve been told Drake offer is now off the table. Sounded like the troubling things posted were behind it.

From what I’ve been told Drake offer is now off the table. Sounded like the troubling things posted were behind it.
Yikes, haven't heard anything that he was getting in trouble, but North is a rough school. Hopefully someone can teach him the right way.

Yikes, haven't heard anything that he was getting in trouble, but North is a rough school. Hopefully someone can teach him the right way.
I think the "troubling things posted" was about his not giving a good effort at both ends of the floor. Not that he was in some kind of trouble off the court, unless I missed that.........:confused:

I think the "troubling things posted" was about his not giving a good effort at both ends of the floor. Not that he was in some kind of trouble off the court, unless I missed that.........:confused:
Ah, I was looking at EastIowaHawks "there may be other circumstances" and then the following posts and tying something together, that probably wasn't there.

Didn't on this forum say he also has serious attitude issues and was kicked off his aau team or something like that

Reactions: buudhawk
Drake is still a take.. kid carries a 3.2 gpa.. attitude isn't an issue he is a really good kid.. effort may be something when the ball isn't in hand, but this kid is super talented

Reactions: RocknRollface
I watched him play in the Cap City league in Ankeny, a bit smaller than the height/weight you see posted online (but then again so is everyone). Definitely a stud but he'll be a mid-major guy.

I watched him play in the Cap City league in Ankeny, a bit smaller than the height/weight you see posted online (but then again so is everyone). Definitely a stud but he'll be a mid-major guy.

So in other words, way better than what ever multi positional player we're going to bring in.

Reactions: ClintBarton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT