ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson will close 1,200-employee pork plant in Perry

Hmm did the school shooting bring some extra attention to the city and some insight to some people living and working there that might not be legal and Tyson’s is trying to get out quickly or is it a rare coincidence

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Hmm did the school shooting bring some extra attention to the city and some insight to some people living and working there that might not be legal and Tyson’s is trying to get out quickly or is it a rare coincidence
The company closed eight other locations last year. That is some pretty serious streamlining/downsizing.

Where are the operations going?
The article isn't specific. It just says something along the lines of the closure allowing the company to focus on optimizing efficiency of their operations. They're encouraging affected employees to apply at other locations. It appears they have other regional locations in Storm Lake, Council Bluffs, Independence and Waterloo.

I sure hope all the people in Perry are packing, can't have a bunch of unemployed illegals running around, amirite?!

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day

Nice answer: They don't make these kinds of decisions on quick timelines. Perry shooting was like 2 months ago. These decisions are made a lot longer than that.

Rude answer: Of course they know there are illegal immigrants in Perry, Tyson employs a ton of them.

I’m surprised these processors haven’t consolidated more already. They always seem to be using old plants that have passed through many companies.

The article isn't specific. It just says something along the lines of the closure allowing the company to focus on optimizing efficiency of their operations. They're encouraging affected employees to apply at other locations. It appears they have other regional locations in Storm Lake, Council Bluffs, Independence and Waterloo.
Columbus Junction too.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I’m surprised these processors haven’t consolidated more already. They always seem to be using old plants that have passed through many companies.
That's true. I know the pork plant in Storm Lake alone has had four or five different owners through the years.

Nice answer: They don't make these kinds of decisions on quick timelines. Perry shooting was like 2 months ago. These decisions are made a lot longer than that.

Rude answer: Of course they know there are illegal immigrants in Perry, Tyson employs a ton of them.
so it’s ok to point out that they have illegals working there. But it is not ok to point out that Tyson could be a bit nervous with the extra attention the small town has received lately.

Got it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
No big deal! All those ILLEGALS can just start coding software like jo suggested with the coal miners when he promised to bankrupt that industry! Can they code in Spanish?! 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤣🚨🚓

That is rough for a town of roughly eight thousand people, per the linked article.

If a number of the workers are illegals, as suggested by some, this is a perfect example of why the punishment for hiring illegals should be much harsher.
Biden made it legal.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
That is rough for a town of roughly eight thousand people, per the linked article.

If a number of the workers are illegals, as suggested by some, this is a perfect example of why the punishment for hiring illegals should be much harsher.
What about the punishment for begging them to come here? On another note, the do-gooders of HROT who live in Iowa, should be stepping up and offering shelter to any ILLEGALS displaced by this event!

Reactions: ICHerky

Biden made hiring illegals legal?
I do not believe that is accurate. What is in the tweet is specific to asylum seekers in the country for more than 150 days and those who were paroled for specific reasons.
Do you have a link that states any illegal can obtain work authorization?
( FWIW I do not believe asylum seekers or those paroled into the US should get a work authorization, but that is a separate conversation to illegals, getaways etc)

What about the punishment for begging them to come here? On another note, the do-gooders of HROT who live in Iowa, should be stepping up and offering shelter to any ILLEGALS displaced by this event!

Who begged people to come to the US?
If you are talking about the debate comment from Biden, why did you think he said "we" when telling illegals to surge the border?

Is it possible a guy, who almost everyone agrees has lost mental acuity was trying to say something else? Or do you believe Biden is mentally fit and feels he is an illegal and that is why he said "we"?

• Haha
Who begged people to come to the US?
If you are talking about the debate comment from Biden, why did you think he said "we" when telling illegals to surge the border?

Is it possible a guy, who almost everyone agrees has lost mental acuity was trying to say something else? Or do you believe Biden is mentally fit and feels he is an illegal and that is why he said "we"?
JFC.........shaking my head. How many have you taken in...or don't you walk the walk?

Reactions: ICHerky
JFC.........shaking my head. How many have you taken in...or don't you walk the walk?

Are you able to answer the questions asked?
I will simplify it to help
1. Why do you feel he said "we" when he mentioned surging the border?
2. Do you feel Biden is mentally competent enough not to misspeak?

To answer your question, zero.
My feelings on immigration are vastly different than someone of your ilk who thinks it is ok to employ illegals with little penalty if caught.

Are you able to answer the questions asked?
I will simplify it to help
1. Why do you feel he said "we" when he mentioned surging the border?
2. Do you feel Biden is mentally competent enough not to misspeak?

To answer your question, zero.
My feelings on immigration are vastly different than someone of your ilk who thinks it is ok to employ illegals with little penalty if caught.
Lol at you trying to have a rational conversation with that guy.

so it’s ok to point out that they have illegals working there. But it is not ok to point out that Tyson could be a bit nervous with the extra attention the small town has received lately.

Got it.
I'm not sure why some extra attention means anything. I'm betting that outside of Iowa, most people couldn't tell you where that shooting took place. We have so many of them it's hard for normal people who are only viewing it through television to remember the details. They might remember there was one in Iowa.

• Haha
If you can't trust Tyler Durden at zeroedge then who can you trust?
This leads us to a Bloomberg report showing how meatpacker Tyson Foods Inc. is set to hire tens of thousands of migrants via Tent Partnership. Tyson already employs 42,000 migrants among its 120,000 US workforce.

"We would like to employ another 42,000 if we could find them," said Garrett Dolan, who leads Tyson's efforts to eliminate employment barriers such as immigration status.

"We're recognizing there's not a lot of people that are going to be working labor-manufacturing jobs that are American," Dolan said, adding a large portion of new hires "are going to come from refugees and immigrants, so we're now in the business of strategically thinking that through."

Now, we're revealing how corporate interests have become deeply interconnected with immigration through a non-governmental organization called Tent Partnership for Refugees. This NGO comprises more than 400 major multinational companies committed to hiring "refugees."

Several NGO partnerships with mega corporations include RedRoof Inn, Royal Farms, Shopify, CSX, Delta Airlines, DoorDash, Etsy, and even Bloomberg.

The NGO's relationships run deeper than mega-corporations, in fact, all the way up to the Biden administration.

In December of 2022, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken signed a memorandum of understanding with Tent Partnership to "expand economic opportunity for refugees" in the private sector.

Since the Biden administration opened the floodgates, 10 million illegal immigrants invaded the nation. The NGO serves as an extension for mega-corporations to exploit cheap labor.

Since the summer of 2018, there has been zero job creation for native-born workers...

... and that since Joe Biden was sworn into office, most of the post-pandemic job gains the administration continuously brags about have gone foreign-born (read immigrants, mostly illegal ones) workers.

• Love
This leads us to a Bloomberg report showing how meatpacker Tyson Foods Inc. is set to hire tens of thousands of migrants via Tent Partnership. Tyson already employs 42,000 migrants among its 120,000 US workforce.

"We would like to employ another 42,000 if we could find them," said Garrett Dolan, who leads Tyson's efforts to eliminate employment barriers such as immigration status.

"We're recognizing there's not a lot of people that are going to be working labor-manufacturing jobs that are American," Dolan said, adding a large portion of new hires "are going to come from refugees and immigrants, so we're now in the business of strategically thinking that through."

Now, we're revealing how corporate interests have become deeply interconnected with immigration through a non-governmental organization called Tent Partnership for Refugees. This NGO comprises more than 400 major multinational companies committed to hiring "refugees."

Several NGO partnerships with mega corporations include RedRoof Inn, Royal Farms, Shopify, CSX, Delta Airlines, DoorDash, Etsy, and even Bloomberg.

The NGO's relationships run deeper than mega-corporations, in fact, all the way up to the Biden administration.

In December of 2022, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken signed a memorandum of understanding with Tent Partnership to "expand economic opportunity for refugees" in the private sector.

Since the Biden administration opened the floodgates, 10 million illegal immigrants invaded the nation. The NGO serves as an extension for mega-corporations to exploit cheap labor.

Since the summer of 2018, there has been zero job creation for native-born workers...

... and that since Joe Biden was sworn into office, most of the post-pandemic job gains the administration continuously brags about have gone foreign-born (read immigrants, mostly illegal ones) workers.

LOFL.

Your source (Zerohedge) posts a line that says 0 job creation since 2018!!1!

Be better

LOFL.

Your source (Zerohedge) posts a line that says 0 job creation since 2018!!1!

Be better
ROFLMAO

They’re not the source. The Federal Reserve is the data source:

Check this link and let us know the native born employment in 2018 and this year:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU02073413

Now check this link and let us know the foreign born employment in 2018 and this year:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU02073395

I expect you will laugh your way back into the thread and confirm the numbers, right?

ROFLMAO

They’re not the source. The Federal Reserve is the data source:

Check this link and let us know the native born employment in 2018 and this year:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU02073413

Now check this link and let us know the foreign born employment in 2018 and this year:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU02073395

I expect you will laugh your way back into the thread and confirm the numbers, right?

No. Zerohedge said they got the data from St. Louis fed. And they put in pretty little disonfo graphs and editorial (no job creation since 2018!).

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT