ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson will close 1,200-employee pork plant in Perry

No. Zerohedge said they got the data from St. Louis fed. And they put in pretty little disonfo graphs and editorial (no job creation since 2018!).
LMAO

Do you think the St Louis Fed isn’t part of the Federal Reserve System? Your ignorance is adorable.

I gave you the direct links to their data.
Show us the numbers.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I would guess with automation and efficiency improvements once you don’t need three shifts it makes sense to consolidate to reduce fixed costs.

LMAO

Do you think the St Louis Fed isn’t part of the Federal Reserve System? Your ignorance is adorable.

I gave you the direct links to their data.
Show us the numbers.

Why would you put different scales on the graph? It’s not for presentation. It’s to deceive folks like you. It’s pure garbage

native%20vs%20foreign%20born%20since%202018_0.jpg

Why would you put different scales on the graph? It’s not for presentation. It’s to deceive folks like you.
I need you to post the numbers from 2018 and today for the native and foreign born workers.

I gave you the links, show us how ZeroHedge got it wrong.

Show us the numbers.

I need you to post the numbers from 2018 and today for the native and foreign born workers.

I gave you the links, show us how ZeroHedge got it wrong.

Show us the numbers.

No. You answer why they present it like that?

And Biden has added approx 10k of native employment levels. Compared to 7K for Trump (even ignoring the pandemic hit).

Last edited:
Reactions: IANDFAN
No. You answer why they present it like that?
I will, absolutely promise, but I need you to provide the native and foreign born workers from 2018 and today from the links to Fed data I provided.
We need to get to bottom of the ZH misinformation on that point before we go any farther.
Tell us the numbers.

I will, absolutely promise, but I need you to provide the native and foreign born workers from 2018 and today from the links to Fed data I provided.
We need to get to bottom of the ZH misinformation on that point before we go any farther.
Tell us the numbers.

Already did.

ROFLMAO

They’re not the source. The Federal Reserve is the data source:

Check this link and let us know the native born employment in 2018 and this year:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU02073413
That is not accurate, the data set you presented is based on
U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS per your link

But since you asked
Check this link and let us know the native born employment in 2018 and this year:
Dec 2018 129,088
Mar 2024 129,313

In six years there has been a 0.1743% increase

That is not accurate, the data set you presented is based on
U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS per your link
Yes, that’s a major source for the FRED website.
Thanks for proving Russia wasn’t the data source. Some people were confused.

But since you asked
Dec 2018 129,088
Mar 2024 129,313

In six years there has been a 0.1743% increase
Almost 2/10ths of a percent in over five years.
Now do the foreign born workers for the same period, since HROT won’t.

No big deal! All those ILLEGALS can just start coding software like jo suggested with the coal miners when he promised to bankrupt that industry! Can they code in Spanish?! 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤣🚨🚓
Spanish isn’t the language most of them speak at my local Tyson, it’s some sort of African. The Mexicans have trade skills around here. Basic trade skills, no electricians or plumbers.

Thank you for clarifying that your comment was inaccurate.
They used the FRED site to draw the graphs. It was their data source, even as FRED sources data from the FRS and government agencies.
If you think proving the data comes from the government was a ‘gotcha’ you missed the point.

But we still need to nail down the misinformation ZH was accused of spreading.

How much did foreign born employment change in the window you covered native born employment?

We’re almost there, but it seems like @HROT would rather flee the thread than provide us the numbers. Can you do it, and prove once and for all that ZH had it wrong?

They used the FRED site to draw the graphs. It was their data source, even as FRED sources data from the FRS and government agencies.
If you think proving the data comes from the government was a ‘gotcha’ you missed the point.

How much did foreign born employment change in the window you covered native born employment?

We’re almost there, but it seems like @HROT would rather flee the thread than provide us the numbers. Can you do it, and prove once and for all that ZH had it wrong?

Why use 2018?

Spanish isn’t the language most of them speak at my local Tyson, it’s some sort of African. The Mexicans have trade skills around here. Basic trade skills, no electricians or plumbers.
Agreed. ^^ I have been in different Tyson plants for work related activities...there are MANY nationalities and tongues represented in their workforce, FAR MORE than just Hispanic/Spanish speakers. It is a challenging environment in some ways, due in large part to language barriers and cultural differences.

This is really sad news for Perry and surrounding area.

Hopefully some other corporation can utilize this facility and help the economy.

Agreed. The question is the state of the facility when Tyson locks the door.

If I'm any of you, I would not buy Tyson products for the near future. Nobody is gonna give a f about quality standards down there now.

so it’s ok to point out that they have illegals working there. But it is not ok to point out that Tyson could be a bit nervous with the extra attention the small town has received lately.

Got it.

Not what I said at all… but not surprising.

Are you Daniel Ivandjiiski?

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Perry will survive. Unfortunately most of the workers will not.
The Prestage Foods plant in Eagle Grove, a little over an hour from Perry, might be an alternative for Tyson workers from Perry area.
Kinda the same deal as Cedar Rapidians working at Tama Beef.
Can't imagine the mental stress for families right now!

Perry will survive. Unfortunately most of the workers will not.

I"m not so sure. Folks leaving town affects the grocery stores, relators, law firms, medical practices, schools, insurance agents, car dealerships, and pretty much everything paid for by public taxes.

Perry is going to be in a world of pain.

Reactions: MitchLL
This leads us to a Bloomberg report showing how meatpacker Tyson Foods Inc. is set to hire tens of thousands of migrants via Tent Partnership. Tyson already employs 42,000 migrants among its 120,000 US workforce.

"We would like to employ another 42,000 if we could find them," said Garrett Dolan

So, they cannot find them, then, which blows up your entire premise here.

This leads us to a Bloomberg report showing how meatpacker Tyson Foods Inc. is set to hire tens of thousands of migrants via Tent Partnership. Tyson already employs 42,000 migrants among its 120,000 US workforce.

"We would like to employ another 42,000 if we could find them," said Garrett Dolan, who leads Tyson's efforts to eliminate employment barriers such as immigration status.

"We're recognizing there's not a lot of people that are going to be working labor-manufacturing jobs that are American," Dolan said, adding a large portion of new hires "are going to come from refugees and immigrants, so we're now in the business of strategically thinking that through."

Now, we're revealing how corporate interests have become deeply interconnected with immigration through a non-governmental organization called Tent Partnership for Refugees. This NGO comprises more than 400 major multinational companies committed to hiring "refugees."

Several NGO partnerships with mega corporations include RedRoof Inn, Royal Farms, Shopify, CSX, Delta Airlines, DoorDash, Etsy, and even Bloomberg.

The NGO's relationships run deeper than mega-corporations, in fact, all the way up to the Biden administration.

In December of 2022, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken signed a memorandum of understanding with Tent Partnership to "expand economic opportunity for refugees" in the private sector.

Since the Biden administration opened the floodgates, 10 million illegal immigrants invaded the nation. The NGO serves as an extension for mega-corporations to exploit cheap labor.

Since the summer of 2018, there has been zero job creation for native-born workers...

... and that since Joe Biden was sworn into office, most of the post-pandemic job gains the administration continuously brags about have gone foreign-born (read immigrants, mostly illegal ones) workers.

Zerohedge: Not Credible Information Source, bro...

Zero Hedge - Conspiracy - Fake News - Right Bias - Conservative - Libertarian - Not Credible
Zero Hedge - Pseudoscience - Right Bias - Conservative - Not credible or Reliable
Factual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias

I'm not sure why some extra attention means anything. I'm betting that outside of Iowa, most people couldn't tell you where that shooting took place. We have so many of them it's hard for normal people who are only viewing it through television to remember the details. They might remember there was one in Iowa.
I take it other message boards must not get into the gun debate after school shootings like this one then.

I take it other message boards must not get into the gun debate after school shootings like this one then.
I don't really visit very many other message boards but I'm sure I do. However, when you have 300 mass shootings in 4 months or whatever it is Perry, Iowa generally isn't the first one to jump to the top of the discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT