ADVERTISEMENT

UAW rejects 21% pay increase.

Fire them all and start rehiring.

ronald reagan oscars GIF by The Academy Awards
Fire them for 5% a year? You shitting me?

Avg cost of wages for the Big 3 is $66 an hour to include benefits.
Tesla average wage is $45. They of course don’t have the huge number of retiree pensions yet so the winner in this is…Elon Musk,
Do you have a link for those numbers?

Teachers would be expected to take that and be very happy. 😒
Perhaps so, Goldie. But the UAW does not represent the teachers. What group of employees with any leverage at all would willingly accept a 5% annual raise for the next four years in this inflationairy enviroment?

Reactions: nelly02 and MitchLL
Todays Wall Street Journal. Front page article,
I'm always skeptical when they say inlcuding benefits. The average UAW worker (according to CBS) makes about $28/hour. I'd be curious to what benefits they are including and how they arrived at those numbers.

Reactions: TheCainer
I try to be humble.
So you seem like the kind of guy that loves the CEO getting paid 40 million a year but these guys haven't had an increase in 4-5 years and inflation has gone through the roof. Seems fair enough. It's insane the pay of the CEO is ok or we just gloss over it while we go crazy when the guys building the cars and doing the actual work are just trying to stay up w/inflation.

I'm always skeptical when they say inlcuding benefits. The average UAW worker (according to CBS) makes about $28/hour. I'd be curious to what benefits they are including and how they arrived at those numbers.
With the current “multi-tiered” salary structure, that $28/hour could well be in play....the UAW wants to end the current “tier” system of salaries and go to one “master” salary schedule. I am sure this is a bigger sticking point between workers and management than gross wages.

Reactions: TheCainer
Unless you own one of these companies, I don’t understand how anybody would be against the workers making as much as they possibly can.

It boggles my mind to see people middle-class and below who have been brainwashed by the companies into thinking that unions are bad and that the companies will close if they give out raises.
Good for the workers if they can get it, but companies like their profits and are probably just going to raise the price of their vehicles to offset the increased cost. I don't really care because we keep our vehicles for 10-15 years so this won't directly impact me much.

Reactions: stickman80
Good for the workers if they can get it, but companies like their profits and are probably just going to raise the price of their vehicles to offset the increased cost. I don't really care because we keep our vehicles for 10-15 years so this won't directly impact me much.
Only if the market allows them to raise their prices. There is a lot of competition. The issue at hand is because the market allowed them to raise prices and make HUGE profits but would not share those equitably with their employees.

So Reagonomics didn't work because some Democrats stupidly supported it? Are you saying it would have worked if the GOP had controlled Congress? If the answer is "yes" - please explain. If the answer is "no, that's stupid" - your post is totally irrelevant.
Just that every bill Reagan signed into law was passed in the Democrat controlled house.

They weren’t small Dem majorities either.

50 seats 1981-83

103 seats 83-85

72 85-87

81 87-89

Every bill he ever signed was bipartisan.

Just that every bill Reagan signed into law was passed in the Democrat controlled house.

50 seats 1981-83

103 seats 83-85

72 85-87

81 87-89

Times have changed binsfield. Tip had control of his Party in the House and he and Reagan understood each other and worked together as much as possible. Congress changed once Newt took over the House. Newt brought a lot of genuine hate to the House.

It would help the UAW if the Department of Labor would put out accurate inflation numbers. There is no way inflation is as low as they claim. They need to get out in the real world.

Times have changed binsfield. Tip had control of his Party in the House and he and Reagan understood each other and worked together as much as possible.

I agree with this 100%.

If you believe this…why do you continue to blame Reagan for todays problems?

50 seats 1981-83

103 seats 83-85

72 85-87

81 87-89

Ok....and? Democrats shoot themselves in the foot. What does that have to do with the actual functionality of Reaganomics?

50 seats 1981-83

103 seats 83-85

72 85-87

81 87-89

So you're trying to say the Democrats are really to blame because they didn't do enough to block Reagan policies?

SMFH

I agree with this 100%.

If you believe this…why do you continue to blame Reagan for todays problems?
Because Reagan’s policies were flawed…look and see what happened to “middle class” America since “the Reagan Revolution”… it has lost purchasing power and numbers…middle class jobs have gone South and it’s been a struggle for middle class….. Granted it not all Reagan… Clinton should have done more to punish corporations for taking their act to Mexico…in actuality, probably Clinton’s major error as POTUS..(passing NAFTA and injuring the worker by not taxing American corps. for moving to Mexico)…Reagan’s years were gold mines for corporations and Wall Street…trickle down did more to creating income and wealth disparity in the US than anything in the countruy’s history.

Because Reagan’s policies were flawed…look and see what happened to “middle class” America since “the Reagan Revolution”… it has lost purchasing power and numbers…middle class jobs have gone South and it’s been a struggle for middle class….. Granted it not all Reagan… Clinton should have done more to punish corporations for taking their act to Mexico…in actuality, probably Clinton’s major error as POTUS..(passing NAFTA and injuring the worker by not taxing American corps. for moving to Mexico)…Reagan’s years were gold mines for corporations and Wall Street…trickle down did more to creating income and wealth disparity in the US than anything in the countruy’s history.

This is such a fvcked up narrative. I started working during the Reagan years. I have been wildly successful despite many career fvck-ups over the past 30-something years.

People who just want to stay in the same job for 30 years get what they deserve.

Democrats in the 80s didn't believe in gay marriage, bought into the war on drugs, called black people super predators (and yes that was you Hillary), and supported a lot of Reagan's trickle down bullshit.

Difference is the Dems grew up and realized all these beliefs were crap. The Rs, however, still buy into all the Reagan horsehit.

You do realize the D’s controlled the House all 8 years of Reagan’s presidency right?
I think the popularity of Regan really forced the hand of a lot of congress folks in the 80’s. They were coming off some bad stuff in the 70’s and followed the will of the people and the popular Reagan’s policies. Ultimately I feel those policies were short term wins with long term failures. Now congress folks stick to their guns too much and can’t find common ground anywhere so I don’t know that either situation is/was good for America.

This is such a fvcked up narrative. I started working during the Reagan years. I have been wildly successful despite many career fvck-ups over the past 30-something years.

People who just want to stay in the same job for 30 years get what they deserve.
This is some stupid shit even for you. Your logic is because the "trickle down" worked for you it hasn't resulted in many of the issues we're seeing today.

You are one dumb mother****er.

Perfect time for them to strike since the UAW has corrupt union Joe in their pockets.

All the union boss has to is complain Biden isn’t doing anything and force Joe to bludgeon the car companies into submission. In return the UAW will funnel money into the Biden re-election campaign.
Democrat playbook page 8 under the chapter “Union Kickbacks”

Perfect time for them to strike since the UAW has corrupt union Joe in their pockets.

All the union boss has to is complain Biden isn’t doing anything and force Joe to bludgeon the car companies into submission. In return the UAW will funnel money into the Biden re-election campaign.

So much THIS!

Really because the rail worker strike ended because he stopped supporting it and forced an agreement with the help of congress.

Really because the rail worker strike ended because he stopped supporting it and forced an agreement with the help of congress.

Completely different section of the National Labor Relations Act.

The UAW and the Teamsters don't have such restrictions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT