ADVERTISEMENT

Uh, oh... here we go again....

He said something factual that you didn’t like, so you wish death upon him?

Yup, the anti-maskers are the scary ones lol.
Get off your high ****ing horse. He responded to a glib post mocking a pandemic that killed over a million Americans and has left 10s of millions with life changing illnesses. It killed a friend and neighbor of his last week. Maybe take a look at that post, not that you will.

It amazed me there are still Covid deniers/minimizers here. Actually, it does not. Our country is full of mouth breathers and troglodytes.

Get off your high ****ing horse. He responded to a glib post mocking a pandemic that killed over a million Americans and has left 10s of millions with life changing illnesses. It killed a friend and neighbor of his last week. Maybe take a look at that post, not that you will.

It amazed me there are still Covid deniers/minimizers here. Actually, it does not. Our country is full of mouth breathers and troglodytes.
Who is denying covid? Talk about a high horse lol. I’m sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor. It’s certainly sad but his story doesn’t change the facts around the virus. He was in the 0.66%.

What the poster said was true but I’m sorry it hurt your feelings. Wishing death upon him for making a factual statement you didn’t like is wild.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkland14
It’s really simple:

If you’re older than 60 probably should get the vaccine. If you’re younger you’ll be just fine. It’s amazing how people lose their god damn minds over this virus. Case in point: this thread
lol. Yeah nobody under 60 died from it. Total nothing burger. Just the flu. ****ing idiot.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Who is denying covid? Talk about a high horse lol. I’m sorry to hear about your friend and neighbor. It’s certainly sad but his story doesn’t change the facts around the virus. He was in the 0.66%.

What the poster said was true but I’m sorry it hurt your feelings. Wishing death upon him for making a factual statement you didn’t like is wild.
lol. Not surprised your reading comprehension and self awareness both suck.

Your emotional posting just screams genius.
lol. My original post on topic was viruses across the world impact kids including in US and basically the story is a nothingburger. Your typical posting on Covid last three years and inability to read or self reflect who you should be chiding scream genius too.

lol. My original post on topic was viruses across the world impact kids including in US and basically the story is a nothingburger. Your typical posting on Covid last three years and inability to read or self reflect who you should be chiding scream genius too.
My typical posting on Covid the last three years? LOL you clearly have me confused.

Please use the search function and post some of these covid statements I’ve made over the last three years. This should be good.

My typical posting on Covid the last three years? LOL you clearly have me confused.

Please use the search function and post some of these covid statements I’ve made over the last three years. This should be good.
Maybe I do.

Lol please do. You won’t though because you won’t find anything and it will just make you look even dumber than you already do here.
I did. Can’t find anything other than 10 pages of you mainly whining about Hawkeye football. But I will take your word for it and assume you were on the side of science and pandemic being kind of a big deal if you say so. I am happy to admit and have the ability as an adult to admit I am wrong about things all the time.

But I still stand by my statement both your reading comprehension and self awareness suck for calling out another poster’s response to an asinine Covid comment when the person responding to asinine comment very recently posted here a week ago about losing a friend to COVID…hope that was not too many words for you to comprehend.

Show me the wish? I said I wouldn’t cry. You anti-vax nuts need to learn to read.
Again most people are not anti vax. People who are labeled anti vax by leftists like yourself are against vaccine mandates that were imposed for a vaccine that did nothing to stop the spread of the virus.

It has been fun to watch a few of the Covid cultists run back the greatest hits of narrative talking points that were all found to be completely nonsense. Can’t wait to see you folks advocate for lockdowns and school closures again.

Again most people are not anti vax. People who are labeled anti vax by leftists like yourself are against vaccine mandates that were imposed for a vaccine that did nothing to stop the spread of the virus.

It has been fun to watch a few of the Covid cultists run back the greatest hits of narrative talking points that were all found to be completely nonsense. Can’t wait to see you folks advocate for lockdowns and school closures again.
You mean like the ones your boy advocated for and implemented?

True. We died less frequently than science deniers like you. Better to support Orange Jesus than to get a jab or wear a mask, right, Coff?
Again I’ve been jabbed and wore masks when they were mandated but keep making stuff up.

Still doesn’t change that mandating those things didn’t work.

You mean like the ones your boy advocated for and implemented?
Who is my boy? Trump? Lol check my posting history in regards to that loser. Again you label anyone who isn’t all in for Team Blue a MAGAt. Tribal politics is a heck a drug.

Who is my boy? Trump? Lol check my posting history in regards to that loser. Again you label anyone who isn’t all in for Team Blue a MAGAt. Tribal politics is a heck a drug.
I have a sneaky suspicion that you’ll still vote for him next year.

Chinese hospitals ‘overwhelmed with sick children’ after surge in respiratory illness​

China has reported an increase in respiratory illnesses as it enters its first full flu season. The WHO says the spike is caused by known pathogens, and does not pose a global threat.

HONG KONG — Hospitals in northern China appear to be “overwhelmed with sick children” as the country grapples with a surge in respiratory illnesses and clusters of pneumonia, prompting the World Health Organization to ask Beijing for more data.

At the Beijing Children’s Hospital in the capital, long lines of people were waiting to register during a visit by NBC News on Thursday. Waiting rooms were crowded with parents and children, some of them on IV drips.

In a review of China's data, the World Health Organization said that the increase in cases came earlier in the season, “but not unexpected given the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, as similarly experienced in other countries.”

According to WHO, Chinese health authorities did not detect new or unusual pathogens, and that the rise in respiratory illnesses has not resulted in patient loads that exceeded hospital capacities.

There was no indication that the outbreak in China poses any global threat, and the WHO advised against any travel restrictions "based on the current information available on this event."

Since mid-October, the WHO said, northern China has reported an increase in respiratory diseases compared with the same period in the previous three years. The increase coincides with the end of China’s National Day holiday week, one of its busiest travel periods.

This is also China’s first full flu season since the lifting late last year of some of the world’s most stringent Covid-19 restrictions, which minimized many people’s exposure to a wide range of pathogens for three years.

Countries such as Australia and New Zealand that also had “zero-Covid” restrictions experienced similar surges in respiratory diseases when they were lifted, and the United States had its own “tripledemic” of respiratory viruses last year.

Something similar is most likely happening in China, said Jin Dong-yan, a virologist at the University of Hong Kong.

“We don’t think there is a major issue there or there is some unknown disease or something that is hidden,” he told NBC News in a phone interview Thursday. “We have no evidence for that.”

“I know four or five families with this situation,” Emma Wang, 39, who's 7-year-old daughter caught mycoplasma pneumonia, said. "I am very worried the virus will keep spreading."

"As a parent, I hope the relevant government department can inform us about treatment plans and course of the disease, what steps to take and how long before it can be cured," Wang said.

The WHO said Wednesday that it had asked China to provide detailed information on an increase in respiratory illnesses and reported clusters of pneumonia in children.

That followed an alert on Tuesday by ProMED, a publicly available reporting system for emerging diseases and outbreaks, saying that hospitals in Beijing and elsewhere in China were “overwhelmed with sick children” amid outbreaks of pneumonia.

Both China and the WHO have been criticized over their transparency in reporting the initial cases of Covid-19, which was first detected in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019.

Chinese health officials said last week that the country was experiencing a seasonal increase in overlapping respiratory diseases, including influenza, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and the virus that causes Covid-19, attributing it in part to the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions.

They said there had also been a surge in cases of mycoplasma pneumonia, a common bacterial infection that usually affects young children and is also known as “walking pneumonia” because it rarely requires hospitalization.

Just like COVID, I will be hiding under my desk like the Government and school taught me in grade school. It that can save me from a nuke... No way a virus is getting me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT