ADVERTISEMENT

Ultraprocessed foods linked to cancer and early death, studies find

Grinding your own meat isn’t going to do you a damn bit of good if you eat too many calories of it.

there is no magic trick to any of this. Calories in vs calories burned END OF STORY.

Be active enough that food becomes fuel vs. something you’re constantly battling against has been my secret. I’m not counting calories to lose weight, I’m making choices to keep up with and fuel my activity.

Lose the bun. Make it a salad, don’t add Mayo to the tuna, and you can probably add a lot more vegetables and Sligo way under that 1050.

bread has a lot of calories.
I didn't realize just how many calories were in bread until I started eating healthy back in Oct 2020. Kinda blew my mind how many calories could be added to breakfast just by adding 2 pieces of toast.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
I always see these on the "bad" lists. I get my dogs, brats, sausage, etc. from a local butcher - no oscar meyer, johnsonville, jimmy dean, etc. Are those still considered ultra processed?

Depends on what they are adding to the meat. If it’s just ground in a casing with spices, that’s less of an issue. If it’s loaded with preservatives (nitrates), that’s processed.

Now, grilling also adds nitrates… so depends on both the meat content and the cooking technique.

57454734.jpg

Not true, your body processes foods differently
For the average American it’s calories in vs calories burned.

if Americans cared about that almost everybody would be fine.

splitting hairs over burn rates isn’t something to get worked up about for 99.9999% of the population. Which leaves room for the serous elite athlete like a pro triathlete or biker.

nobody is a lard ass vs healthy because their 5,000 calories a day was the wrong 5,000 calories.

Reactions: mnole03
Lose the bun. Make it a salad, don’t add Mayo to the tuna, and you can probably add a lot more vegetables and Sligo way under that 1050.

bread has a lot of calories.
It’s a thousand calories for like two days worth of food. I’m not worried about the roll.

I used to know a dude from work that used to fry up and eat a pound of bacon every night and then proceeded to pour the grease over bags of microwaved popcorn. Still ticking in his 70s, last I heard.

I’m ****ed

I’m a child of the 70s and 80s and consumed a ton of bologna and American cheese and Vienna sausages and canned meat and hot dogs and Miracle Whip and Doritos and mini-donuts from a bag and all that other crap.

Was very glad to get an ‘all clear’ on my first colonoscopy earlier this year.
Whew. First look. Whew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT