ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes limp into Happy Valley . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
But I am still optimistic until proven otherwise!

I've started also sharing my column via Substack, so if you do enjoy it, feel free to give me a follow/sub over there!

OP's mom prefers Tuedays With Trains.

All aboard!

train help GIF
Thanks for bumping this to the top of the board.

Appreciate the extra clicks!

Reactions: Bonerfarts
McNamara is doing better than Petras, but he is no house of fire.

Also, he is not big at all. Hard to imagine that guy playing 12 games.

Deacon Hill IS big and gives some run threat.

McNamara is doing better than Petras, but he is no house of fire.

Also, he is not big at all. Hard to imagine that guy playing 12 games.

Deacon Hill IS big and gives some run threat.
Gotta withhold judgement on McNamara until you see him healthy.

He looked plenty good in the Big 10 Championship game in 2021 from my seats in Indy!

The young running backs look talented, hungry and aggressive. As the offensive line continues to gel, we may be seeing the resurgence of Iowa as an effective, run-first offense. After the past two seasons, that would be a welcome sight.

Iowa RB room is decimated and I don't expect much if anything from them outside of LW. Expecting 2 skinny frosh RB's to make an impact is a big ask. If anything I would expect Iowa to open up the passing game and get WR's involved. Again, that is a big ask.

Reactions: torbee
The young running backs look talented, hungry and aggressive. As the offensive line continues to gel, we may be seeing the resurgence of Iowa as an effective, run-first offense. After the past two seasons, that would be a welcome sight.

Iowa RB room is decimated and I don't expect much if anything from them outside of LW. Expecting 2 skinny frosh RB's to make an impact is a big ask. If anything I would expect Iowa to open up the passing game and get WR's involved. Again, that is a big ask.
Not that it's the EXACT same thing, but wayyy back in the 2009 upset in the whiteout, we did it with 2 freshman RB's and a stout defense.

Reactions: Scott559
Not that it's the EXACT same thing, but wayyy back in the 2009 upset in the whiteout, we did it with 2 freshman RB's and a stout defense.
Anything can happen for sure, I just don't trust BF. He had walk on Max White in the game (it was a passing situation) before the other scholly RB's vs WMU.

And he scored a touchdown, lol.

Thought that was the goal of an offensive coordinator.
He did indeed score, at the end of the game, for a meaningless TD unless you bet Iowa -28.5. Point being he had White in the game at a crucial (?) time, and before the other 2 backs.

He did indeed score, at the end of the game, for a meaningless TD unless you bet Iowa -28.5. Point being he had White in the game at a crucial (?) time, and before the other 2 backs.
Iowa rushed for around 280 yards last Saturday. I think we should be pleased with our OC for finding an attack that worked well for once.

"Undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes limp into Happy Valley" is a good title for a pre-game article.

But I really hope that the post-game article title goes a little something like this; "The Undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes Pimp Limp out of Happy Valley".

Iowa rushed for around 280 yards last Saturday. I think we should be pleased with our OC for finding an attack that worked well for once.
No quibbles with the rush yards, glad to see them do it. Again, PSU is uber talented on DEF and I see them stacking the box daring Iowa to throw. Or maybe they sit back and play base DEF and dare Iowa to try to run with exactly one experienced back. We'll see Saturday.

That said, I don't trust BF.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
No quibbles with the rush yards, glad to see them do it. Again, PSU is uber talented on DEF and I see them stacking the box daring Iowa to throw. Or maybe they sit back and play base DEF and dare Iowa to try to run with exactly one experienced back. We'll see Saturday.

That said, I don't trust BF.
In the podcast this week, I am predicting a score of PSU 24 Iowa 13.

PSU is deep and talented. I think Iowa is good enough on D and special teams to keep the game competitive. I agree we don’t hVs enough juice on offense - especially with Cade banged up, Jazz and Kaleb missing and Lachey out for the season - to breakthrough on a good PSU defense.

I do think we have the horses to win the West.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
PSU didn't impress me against Illinoi. 4 turnovers and a 16-7 halftime lead on route to 30-13 win. The game was tighter than the score indicated too. Illinois really sucks this year so far too.
On the road and Illinois isn't as bad their record indicates. BB is a good coach, and their DEF is decent, it's just that their QB is sucking bad so far.

In the podcast this week, I am predicting a score of PSU 24 Iowa 13.

PSU is deep and talented. I think Iowa is good enough on D and special teams to keep the game competitive. I agree we don’t hVs enough juice on offense - especially with Cade banged up, Jazz and Kaleb missing and Lachey out for the season - to breakthrough on a good PSU defense.

I do think we have the horses to win the West.
I won't predict a score, it could be bloody, it could be tight, and either way. Iowa has the horses to win the west for sure, and they should.

Why do you think they did that?

If the linemen do their job any good running back can get yards.

On the road and Illinois isn't as bad their record indicates. BB is a good coach, and their DEF is decent, it's just that their QB is sucking bad so far.
Illinois got curb stomped at Kansas. Psu beat Illinois but far from a curb stomping. And Illinois had 5 TO vs PSU. The expertts say PSU is great & deep and yada yada, but maybe theyre not. Wish the hawks were at full strength, but hopefully the O has their A game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT