ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Depth Chart. Cade is QB1. 3 WR Sets! CB John Nestor & WR Jarriett Buie listed as Preseason Starters

Hoping Nestor can play up closer a bit on the WR like DeJean. They normally had Lee playing off the receiver to not give up big plays.

David is a beat writer for 24/7.

It will be interesting to see if he is right.

July 24 Depth Chart:

GTQtsnzXYAASKKY

it's been a very long time since the offense outshone the defense at iowa but clearly this will be the case this year. lester's bringing the heat, hope parker knows how to handle the lack of pressure (to score) on his squad.

Moulton reminds me of Adam Robinson, Kirk is not dumb listing Moulton and Nestor ahead of some more veteran players will push them. Competition is great !

Moulton reminds me of Adam Robinson, Kirk is not dumb listing Moulton and Nestor ahead of some more veteran players will push them. Competition is great !
Adam Robinson may be one of the most underrated RBs in the KF era. He didn't have great speed, but he was almost impossible to bring down. I loved watching him play. It's a shame the way his career ended after suffering a concussion vs. MSU. Inexplicably, KF still had him in the game despite Iowa leading something like 35-7 in the second half. Robinson was never the same and ended up leaving the team after some off the field mistakes that, we may conjecture, never would have happened without the concussion.

Anyway, good to see Robinson is remembered because he was amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: BDE420 and HawkOn15
If Cade is healthy and doing what Lester wants, I just don't see him/KF not going with Cade....

For certain. If they’re “even” then Cade gets the start. But given his injury history (or if he struggles), I’d like to see Sullivan get some series. It sounds like he’s been pushing Cade in practice.

I saw the Black video and Cade had a brace on his knee. No doubt precautionary, but still.

Reactions: Franisdaman
For certain. If they’re “even” then Cade gets the start. But given his injury history (or if he struggles), I’d like to see Sullivan get some series. It sounds like he’s been pushing Cade in practice.

I saw the Black video and Cade had a brace on his knee. No doubt precautionary, but still.

We'll get an updated depth chart next week ahead of Iowa's season opener against Illinois State

24/7 projects Cade as QB1 and Brendan as QB2.

Note that Jackson Stratton is pushing Marco Lainez for QB3. Jackson entered the transfer portal on Dec 4, 2023; he committed to Iowa on June 1, 2024.

The story:

Last edited:
A couple more interesting things Kirk said today:

* Kamari Moulton has a minor lower leg injury; KF hopes he is back on Monday.

* The competition at cornerback opposite Harris is a coin flip.

full text of tweet:

Kirk Ferentz on Cade McNamara and Brendan Sullivan:

"There’s been some back and forth, some ups and down, those types of things. But both guys this week have just looked more comfortable and they’ve done a lot of good things. Cade’s done a really nice job. I think he’s had a really good week. And I think Brendan’s done the same thing.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT