Sorenson 2 / 2

Cooper NR / 16

Meyer 4 / 3

Brooks 9 / 7

Burak 4 / 4

Stoll 13 / 10

Last edited:
Thoughts:
Gilman - about right, he's definitely in the 1-4 category and has been consistent all year
Clark - about right, but he's gone from a top 2 to a top 4 with Garrett and Brock IMO
141 - N/A
Sorenson - Right where I think he will finish - a solid 2nd place candidate who shouldn't be too challenged outside of Retherford and maybe T-shirt
Cooper - I think he's closer to 16 than NR - he should score some points at NCAA's the way he's been wrestling
165 - N/A
Meyer - too high, I don't think he will finish in the top 4 but do expect him to place 6-8 range
Brooks - I think is a little too low, but 184 is loaded with solid talent. I think he can outperform his ranking, though.
Burak - I think he can place as high as 3rd, but 4th is close enough
Stoll - Probably a fair ranking, but I think he will break into the 7-8 range come NCAA's.

141/165 really hurting the Hawk's chances this season. You'd think with competition like Gilman, Clark and Sorenson that the 141 guys would improve quite a bit, but I guess that's just not happening (at least not to the degree needed to AA)

Hopefully Grothus will fix what ails 141.

If the others finish in their current spots - which would tickle me to death - I think we need something big out of 141 or HWT; preferably both.

So fingers crossed for BG.

I hope our guys are ready to go because of the way our schedule is this year.
At 141 even if Brody goes I don't see them going more 2 or 3 matches he has not been on the mat for a long time. I hope at least he can go.
At 125 and 133 and 185 need to perform for seedings later in the year because of way the schedule is this year.

Help me understand how Kenny Courts improved his ranking at Flo and stayed 11th at Intermat after being TF by Miklus last weekend?

Didn't you hear? Kenny had a note from his mom confirming that he had the sniffles last week and didn't sleep very well to boot. Guess they cut him some slack.

Reactions: #10Hawk
Help me understand how Kenny Courts improved his ranking at Flo and stayed 11th at Intermat after being TF by Miklus last weekend?
Miklus was already ahead of him in the rankings he didn't get upset by anyone just handled that would be like Gilman getting handled by Tomasello he can't move down in the rankings for losing to someone ahead of him

Miklus was already ahead of him in the rankings he didn't get upset by anyone just handled that would be like Gilman getting handled by Tomasello he can't move down in the rankings for losing to someone ahead of him
I'm not sure I'd call 15-0 just losing, but point taken.

I understand the logic but losing 8-5 or 10-5 is different than being manhandled 15-0.

As long as you guys understand what I meant yes he got handled badly it's to my understanding that Kenny is still trying to get his weight under control but none the less no excuses when you lose at the end of the day you lost point blank btw #10 if those are the scores you think would be the outcome of the next gilman Tomasello match I'm taking off my scarlet and gray glasses to say it'll probably be closer then that

Based on the comments on Penn State's board tOSU wrestlers get their ranking based on how good their tans are, not based on their wrestling. So, since Kenny Courts in black his tan is sensational (despite not "putting in the work" in the tanning bed), hence his high ranking.

As long as you guys understand what I meant yes he got handled badly it's to my understanding that Kenny is still trying to get his weight under control but none the less no excuses when you lose at the end of the day you lost point blank btw #10 if those are the scores you think would be the outcome of the next gilman Tomasello match I'm taking off my scarlet and gray glasses to say it'll probably be closer then that
No worries, I was specifically talking about Kenny's case; he went from #12 to #11 on Flo this week.
Now, if you want to discuss the outcome of the next Tomasello/Gilman match, that topic deserves a thread itself :)

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT