ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Torvik Projections - Iowa 12th/45th

AmericaNeedsMe

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2024
Last edited:
Iowa's offense has always been free wheeling with seemingly little half court set plays. Not sure why they don't spend much more time on defense than they do on offense. Any knucklehead can score, but you need chemistry & synergy to play good team defense. Hope we aren't just hearing lip service regarding defense.

Can Owen stay out of foul trouble and be a solid rim protector? I hope our boys watched the Timberwolves against the Nuggets. What a defensive masterpiece!

Well....you're a very serious person. Maybe one of the greatest minds of our generation.

I'm glad your first rate mind is occupied with far loftier fare.
Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Somebody's sensitive today.
Well America does need him. Interested to hear his thoughts on the thing that came out today that had Freeman as the 5th best Sophomore in the entire country. Meanwhile he was saying he wasn't going to be a top 20 Big Ten player, which he is and will be. Thoughts @AmericaNeedsMe ?

Well America does need him. Interested to hear his thoughts on the thing that came out today that had Freeman as the 5th best Sophomore in the entire country. Meanwhile he was saying he wasn't going to be a top 20 Big Ten player, which he is and will be. Thoughts @AmericaNeedsMe ?
When did I ever say freeman was not going to be a top 20 Big Ten player?

Don't lie, dude. It damages whatever credibility you may have had.

I laughed at the idea floated here that Iowa had 3 of the top 20 players in an 18 team league.

Still do.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
When did I ever say freeman was not going to be a top 20 Big Ten player?

Don't lie, dude. It damages whatever credibility you may have had.

I laughed at the idea floated here that Iowa had 3 of the top 20 players in an 18 team league.

Still do.
Now I might have gotten a little carried away with the 3 all being top 20 players but it's certainly a possibility. You're the one who was touting us being 17th in the league because of your all knowing Torvik only a few short weeks ago. Now for some reason you're changing your tune.

Now I might have gotten a little carried away with the 3 all being top 20 players but it's certainly a possibility. You're the one who was touting us being 17th in the league because of your all knowing Torvik only a few short weeks ago. Now for some reason you're changing your tune.
Actually, I wrote many places here that there was no way that Iowa would finish 17th, and miss the Big Ten Tourney. My opinion has been pretty consistent. I'm not yet sold on us making the NCAA tourney. I'm trying to talk myself into it though. One of the reasons I posted the updated, more optimistic, Torvik Projections.

You maybe should start looking these things up before you post.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: littlez
12th is a lot more in line with reason and reality.
They could certainly be a fringe NCAA tourney team and fall on the right side of the bubble. That would probably take at least a 7th-9th place finish in the league. That I would buy.

Reactions: AmericaNeedsMe
If Iowa doesn't make the NCAA Tournament then it needs to be Fran's last season. Making the tournament should be the bare minimum expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT