Milford, Lincoln, Plattsmouth, Nebraska City, Crete, and Wilber
318 AM CDT Sat Aug 6 2022

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO
9 PM CDT THIS EVENING...

* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to
110 expected.

* WHERE...Portions of east central and southeast Nebraska and
southwest Iowa.

* WHEN...From noon to 9 PM CDT Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Extreme heat and humidity will significantly
increase the potential for heat related illnesses,
particularly for those working or participating in outdoor
activities.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.

Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when
possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.

&&

$$

thats-hot.gif

91 and a scattered storm possible in NoFla today. Normal August day.
I know that heat blast up in the Midwest is NOT normal so you guys be careful. 🥵

It's pretty normal for August. It's so damn moist outside.
My dad told me that Florida in August was like walking into a wet wash cloth when you went outside. My mom told me what she “HATED” about Florida was the humidity and critters. Back in WW2 days, it was so humid, the labels would fall off the food cans. Didn’t know if you were opening a can of peaches or peas.

My dad told me that Florida in August was like walking into a wet wash cloth when you went outside. My mom told me what she “HATED” about Florida was the humidity and critters. Back in WW2 days, it was so humid, the labels would fall off the food cans. Didn’t know if you were opening a can of peaches or peas.

That sounds like a fun challenge. Open the "mystery can" and then you have to build a meal out of that.

91 and a scattered storm possible in NoFla today. Normal August day.
I know that heat blast up in the Midwest is NOT normal so you guys be careful. 🥵

Here at Tradition Manor today we've been having intense sunshine interrupted by spotty fly-by showers. Not enough to cool anything down, mind you. Just enough to keep the humidity near 100 percent.

"Steamy" is the word that comes to mind when I go outside to quickly smoke and then run back inside the house.

Last edited:
Here at Tradition Manor today we've been having intense sunshine interrupted by spotty showers. Not enough to cool anything down, mind you. Just enough to keep the humidity near 100 percent.

"Steamy" is the word that comes to mind when I go outside to quickly smoke and then run back inside the house.
My buddy in Prescott, AZ tells me they have had a really humid summer this season. Many days with “dew points” in the 60’s...which is really unusual for their high desert climate. Many days with rain...not much but rain none the less.
We have oft discussed how the weather in Prescott seems to mirror image the weather we experience in Ioway...they have cold nasty winters, we have decent ones..they have mild winter weather, we seem to be having nasty weather..now, they are really “damp/humid” and this year we are dry as a bone.

Here at Tradition Manor today we've been having intense sunshine interrupted by spotty fly-by showers. Not enough to cool anything down, mind you. Just enough to keep the humidity near 100 percent.

Serious question - why don’t you switch to vaping and not inhale all of those carcinogens?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT