ADVERTISEMENT

USC message board game thread

Some of my favorites:

These drives by Iowa are sickening. We are defenseless. We need a miracle.

After the 3 QB sneaks in a row; "They're just straight taking our team's manhood at this point. Soft ass team, soft ass coaches, soft ass university administration. Unbelievable."

Something I noticed from their fanbase and maybe it something that is common with other current loser programs that used to be good (Nebraska etc) they are obsessed with recruiting rankings and 2-3 star stuff etc. They were even looking up star rankings of players during the game and talking about it. Maybe if the programs would just concentrate more on development instead of what star a 17 year old kid was they would fair better.

They are obsessed with star rankings because they live in that very strange self appointed elite status University bs. They reject more than 80 percent of kids that apply and because of that think their chests on their own smug superiority. Usc and schools like them are the prime example if disdain for nobodies like us that live in flyover country.

Punching them in the mouth is beautiful

They are not happy with the "pussy ass Air Raid Offense."

Guess it's beneath them. Heck maybe it is, but they should look at the other side of ball first.

Well there were a lot of powerful alumns that didn't like Robinson's balanced offense-they demanded he maintain McKay's Tailback U offense. That was forty years ago.
The bluebloods have never accepted that the field is more level now with 85 scholarships than it was back in the day when you could give a kid a scholarship just to keep him from going to a competitor.

Some of my favorites:

After the 3 QB sneaks in a row; "They're just straight taking our team's manhood at this point. Soft ass team, soft ass coaches, soft ass university administration. Unbelievable."

Something I noticed from their fanbase and maybe it something that is common with other current loser programs that used to be good (Nebraska etc) they are obsessed with recruiting rankings and 2-3 star stuff etc. They were even looking up star rankings of players during the game and talking about it. Maybe if the programs would just concentrate more on development instead of what star a 17 year old kid was they would fair better.
Go listen to this USC guy Dan Weber. It's worth your time. He talks about how Iowa prepares and develops players.
https://247sports.com/college/usc/A...helton-kedon-slovis-graham-harrell-141166168/

Go listen to this USC guy Dan Weber. It's worth your time. He talks about how Iowa prepares and develops players.
https://247sports.com/college/usc/A...helton-kedon-slovis-graham-harrell-141166168/
That was a really refreshing analysis of Iowa and its program from an opposing team’s analyst... especially after last year’s game against MSSt, where one of their cover guys could do nothing but cry and whine after the game about how he couldn’t believe that his team lost to IOWA

Klatt was spot-on when he said that Iowa knows what they want to be and they go out and execute that way. USC has no identity. And on a side note between the play and Klatt praising the program for the last quarter hopefully that opened some eyes to recruits nationally.

I know almost every fan base wants their coaches fired at some point (yes even ours) but USC’s collective disdain for Helton is on another level.

My favorite part of that thread was the sequence of QB sneaks. Starts on about page 35.

Those sneaks were golden...I think they should have done it again on 3rd down. And Stanley looked to be over the goal line on 2nd down. Those had to be very demoralizing for the Trojans.

I got a good chuckle out of them. Their fetish with 4 and 5 star ratings is something else. 4 and 5 stars will help a team more as frosh or sophomores but by the time these kids get to junior and senior years, developement and coaching kicks in. Not saying 4's and 5's don't have a higher ceiling, but not always and the advantage lessens to lessen.

Those sneaks were golden...I think they should have done it again on 3rd down. And Stanley looked to be over the goal line on 2nd down. Those had to be very demoralizing for the Trojans.
I know this sounds crazy, but aside from the QB sneak literally being our best offensive play, it very well MIGHT be the best QB sneak Group in the History of College Football. And yes I am serious. It's truly incredible.

I read about half of it. Basically their coach sucks and it had nothing to do with Iowa.
That was pretty much Reggie Bush's take after the game as well. It was so sweet after the pregame where they basically didn't even talk about who USC was playing, and then did a rundown of the CFP, when they finally made their picks, (so they had to say something about Iowa). Both the alums basically said that Iowa just didn't have the athletes to play with USC and that they would mop the field with the Hawks. (Oh by the way Trojans, there goes ISM again), and then to listen to them sniffle after the game about being out coached. So much sweeter to physically spank their collective asses on national TV. That QB sneak series was probably the highlight of the year, just because, it was like screw you, try to stop us....:p

4 and five star recruits DO matter but coaching matters more.
Coaching will really matter for them now that their recruiting class is about #80. Oregon, Washington, and others are winning the battle of So Cal recruiting. With the way SoCal is turning into a crap hole to live in if you were a top recruit why stay there?

Reactions: Hawkeye3378
Some of my favorites:

It is about eternal hope and forgetfulness. They have teams filled with 4 and 5 stars that dont live up to the hype. Then they look to the next class of 4 and 5 stars and those kids are legit. Those kids are taking the program back to the top. (rinse and repeat)

Iowa is good at developing their players. The thing that gets overlooked is that Iowa is better at identifying talent than most, and definitely better than the people who assign "stars" to prospects. A lot of those rankings are a who's who circle jerk. Over and over, a prospect's ranking improves when they receive an offer from one of the "right" schools. Iowa trusts their own evaluation of talent, and they offer players who will be good fits into the culture.

That was a really refreshing analysis of Iowa and its program from an opposing team’s analyst... especially after last year’s game against MSSt, where one of their cover guys could do nothing but cry and whine after the game about how he couldn’t believe that his team lost to IOWA

True, but as usual, the blue bloods/former blue bloods rarely give credit to Iowa talent. Its always coaching, preparation, effort. It gets tired. It certainly IS those things but you cannot tell me that ISM was not one of or THE fastest guy on the field. Or that AJE was not the most athletic D lineman in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT